Scrapper Scoundrel PvP video(s) + tips/guide

Kutsus

Fight or flight is absolutely essential if you are going to put 16 points into scrapper. That talent is incredibly important when you use your vanish as an escape tool. Surprise comeback and sawed off are also very good 1 point investments.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MffMdhoozZMI0RdkM.1

I've made some changes now, would that be more preferable?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much critical chance do you have/should i aquire with the scrapper build?

i have 24% crit chance and 67% critical multiplier atm.

got too many surge items i think.

With my 5% buff up, I run at 38% crit chance and 86% surge.

Hi Kutsus , thanks for the wonderful thread!

I'm a <40 valor 3/5 champion set and i've got 2 questions if you would mind;

-Is precision REALLY usefull at increasing dps?? did you do away with the 3rd mod that has always precision/power on the enforcer set and replaced it by critical/surge (for instance from tier 3 boots)? does precision increase dmg on back shot / shoot first / suckerpunch, our 3 main dmg dealers??

-Don't you miss the OP stun from 31 scrapper spec with the 23/18? ppl are whining all over that it stuns for 4-4.5 seconds instead of 2 because of the get-up animation delay after it. Also since you have OP rakata stimpack from biochem, I wonder..

thks for all the tips & keep up :)

Hi Kutsus , thanks for the wonderful thread!

I'm a <40 valor 3/5 champion set and i've got 2 questions if you would mind;

-Is precision REALLY usefull at increasing dps?? did you do away with the 3rd mod that has always precision/power on the enforcer set and replaced it by critical/surge (for instance from tier 3 boots)? does precision increase dmg on back shot / shoot first / suckerpunch, our 3 main dmg dealers??

-Don't you miss the OP stun from 31 scrapper spec with the 23/18? ppl are whining all over that it stuns for 4-4.5 seconds instead of 2 because of the get-up animation delay after it. Also since you have OP rakata stimpack from biochem, I wonder..

thks for all the tips & keep up :)

For now, accuracy has no affect at all on our tech attacks (everything except flurry of bolts and quick shot), so I use the 23endurance 34 power 48 surge enhancements found often in champion level and columi level gear.

23/18 is a totally different spec and playsytle, you are primarily a healer. Losing huge DPS abilities is just part of going healer spec.

okay thanks !

and going by that logic, I take it you are using the critical/alacrity implants and not the precision/critical ones?

I am using the Crit/surge ones, but I also have the power/surge ones that I use sometimes to get "max" hits. I am using battlemaster implants, they are much better.

Use the accuracy/crit ones. Alacrity does nothing for you, at least accuracy makes your quick shot and flurry of bolts more reliable.

aww you're right , I didn't see battlemaster implants have so much better stat choices available :rolleyes:

I was using precision on all my set parts lol, now in the process of replacing them by 49 purple mods from daily quests for crit/surge since I don't have easy access to Columi/Champion gear yet xD

regarding earslot, do you use one with precision or alacrity? seems like the only piece we dont get a choice w/o one or or the other for.

Edited by dolpiff

aww you're right , I didn't see battlemaster implants have so much better stat choices available :rolleyes:

I was using precision on all my set parts lol, now in the process of replacing them by 49 purple mods from daily quests for crit/surge since I don't have easy access to Columi/Champion gear yet xD

regarding earslot, do you use one with precision or alacrity? seems like the only piece we dont get a choice w/o one or or the other for.

There is absolutely no reason to have alacrity on a DPS, and accuracy actually gives a benefit. Now if you are going sawbones then alacrity is good-ish

Use the accuracy/crit ones. Alacrity does nothing for you, at least accuracy makes your quick shot and flurry of bolts more reliable.
Edited by Kutsus

Short question: In your lvl 40 video at 3m15s you reload the Scattergun. What ability triggers that animation?

Here is the video with the timestamp:

EDIT: ah! I just noticed at 4m that you hit the Flechette Rounds button. 10 Levels to go until I can grab that ability. :)

Edited by karcyon

wait... are you 23/18 or 8/31 ??

I looked on your first page that says your current build and it's full Scrapper but the lastest comments from you seem to suggest you are 23/18.

Could you link to each of your suggested talent distributions and perhaps a little bit of dialogue on what you like/focus on with each one? and maybe when you change spec you could say, "so this video I'm using Scoundrel Hybrid 2a build. See first page" or something like that.

If you did this you might get many fewer questions and reduce confusion.

Also how much are your respecs costing you? you seem to be re-specing often and mine is about to cost 56k.

Edited by Merk-aba

wait... are you 23/18 or 8/31 ??

I looked on your first page that says your current build and it's full Scrapper but the lastest comments from you seem to suggest you are 23/18.

Could you link to each of your suggested talent distributions and perhaps a little bit of dialogue on what you like/focus on with each one? and maybe when you change spec you could say, "so this video I'm using Scoundrel Hybrid 2a build. See first page" or something like that.

If you did this you might get many fewer questions and reduce confusion.

Also how much are your respecs costing you? you seem to be re-specing often and mine is about to cost 56k.

I respec almost daily. I'll try to put some more comments behind my spec decisions next time I am editing the OP.

Respec cost resets weekly.

that sawbones/dirty fighting mix is incredibly potent.

doing 200k / 200k in a game and topping both damage and heal is :cool:

do you have any experience with the cybertech epic grenades? are they worth it at all?

in the stupid situation that i have maxed cyber and am hesitant to drop it for bio chem.

Hey, I was merely wondering which relics you're going with?

I was thinking you'd get the use one (220 crit/surge one) then some other static one, which actually gives stats?

I'm currently using the one mentioned above + matrix cube one (endurance/cunning/crit)

Which would you recommend smugglers using?

You can see all my keybinds pretty well if you look at one of my videos in 1080p

Speaking of which, going by the last (alderaan warzone) video, you've got take cover bound to shift+f on your hotbar. Why have it there at all when you can bind take cover in the keybinds menu?

Thanks for all the awesome tips and videos!

Glad I stuck with my Scoundrel, as soon as I switched to Sacapper I am enjoying it even more than before.

Here is a small video from a match I played tonight, my crits arent as high as they could be but I am not using any consumables atm, just the warzone buff.

Enjoy and any feedback is appreciated

also check out my live stream if you want to see some Scoundrel pvp and pve gameplay.

Level 50 Scoundrel on The Harbringer Server

Streaming live Daily @ http://www.twitch.tv/krulkyn

Thanks for all the awesome tips and videos!

Glad I stuck with my Scoundrel, as soon as I switched to Sacapper I am enjoying it even more than before.

Here is a small video from a match I played tonight, my crits arent as high as they could be but I am not using any consumables atm, just the warzone buff.

Enjoy and any feedback is appreciated

also check out my live stream if you want to see some Scoundrel pvp and pve gameplay.

Level 50 Scoundrel on The Harbringer Server

Streaming live Daily @ http://www.twitch.tv/krulkyn

Just a little feedback and don't take this as me attacking you, but it's usually a bad idea to go for red buffs when you're the only person defending a turret. You could have potentially won that game had you been at the turret when the ninja began capping. Sure, if you'd had a team mate there they could have stopped it but since you were the only one defending you've gotta step up and defend it. I will admit that I laughed a little when you blamed your team mates for not helping you after they capped it under your nose :p

Nice video, though 480p is a bit hard to see.

You can see all my keybinds pretty well if you look at one of my videos in 1080p

Hmm. That's pretty interesting. I see you're using A LOT of modifier keys. Have you considered trying something like E- move straight, S- strafe left, F- strafe right, D- move back as movement keys? It'd give you a lot more opportunities to use letter keys as hotkeys for skills. Q,W,R,T,Y,A,G,H,Z,X,C,V would all be comfortably useable keys in addition to like... 1-5 in numbers. I've never used modifier keys in any games, as I've always found enough alternatives to it. You might be able to kick up your game quite a bit if you get used to this.

Ofcourse, this is just a matter of preference but I can imagine letter keys being way easier to use than shift+*any key*.

Hmm. That's pretty interesting. I see you're using A LOT of modifier keys. Have you considered trying something like E- move straight, S- strafe left, F- strafe right, D- move back as movement keys? It'd give you a lot more opportunities to use letter keys as hotkeys for skills. Q,W,R,T,Y,A,G,H,Z,X,C,V would all be comfortably useable keys in addition to like... 1-5 in numbers. I've never used modifier keys in any games, as I've always found enough alternatives to it. You might be able to kick up your game quite a bit if you get used to this.

Ofcourse, this is just a matter of preference but I can imagine letter keys being way easier to use than shift+*any key*.

Adding 3 keys wouldn't make up for the 30+ total abilities I have keybound. I'm pretty accustomed to shift modifiers.

Edited by Kutsus

Just a little feedback and don't take this as me attacking you, but it's usually a bad idea to go for red buffs when you're the only person defending a turret. You could have potentially won that game had you been at the turret when the ninja began capping. Sure, if you'd had a team mate there they could have stopped it but since you were the only one defending you've gotta step up and defend it. I will admit that I laughed a little when you blamed your team mates for not helping you after they capped it under your nose :p

Nice video, though 480p is a bit hard to see.

Figured out how to record better quality now:)

and ya that was a bone head move but I did get the turret back a minute later:)