Arkanian and Rakata set bonus's don't mix?

yoshua

I got my first piece of Arkanian last night, the legs. I go to equip it and i lose my 4 piece set bonus. I looked at the bonus's closer and the old one says 'Rakata Force Mystic' and the Arkanian just says 'Force Mystic'

I shouldn't lose my set bonus when mixing these gears, it has never worked that way before. Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh and Scum and Villainy story mode? epic fights with awesome mechanics.

I WANT MY SET BONUS.

I got my first piece of Arkanian last night, the legs. I go to equip it and i lose my 4 piece set bonus. I looked at the bonus's closer and the old one says 'Rakata Force Mystic' and the Arkanian just says 'Force Mystic'

I shouldn't lose my set bonus when mixing these gears, it has never worked that way before. Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh and Scum and Villainy story mode? epic fights with awesome mechanics.

I WANT MY SET BONUS.

When you say "It has never worked that way before" what game are you speaking of? Surely not SWTOR -- because this is the first time it's happened. . . .

You're talking about the set bonus from a piece of lvl 50 end-game gear and another set bonus from a piece of lvl 55 end-game gear. I wouldn't think they would conbine. Tio/Columi/Rakata/Campaign/DG are all lvl 50 -- so I could see them combining.

Just my /2-cents

I don't think rakata works with campaign/dread guard either. They're from different tiers, its not surprising they have different set bonuses which don't work together.

they did in my current setup.

I have a mix of rakata/dread armorings that give the 4 set bonus's.

Tionese through Dread all mix and are labled 'Rakata' in this new system. its only the Arkanian that is listed without a title behind Force Mystic's

Tionese and Campaign set bonuses combine because I'm wearing a mixture of that and I've got the full set bonus. I would guess that since one is level 50 gear and one is level 55 that is why they don't mix but I'm not a developer (nor do I play one on TV) so don't quote me.

When you say "It has never worked that way before" what game are you speaking of? Surely not SWTOR -- because this is the first time it's happened. . . .

You're talking about the set bonus from a piece of lvl 50 end-game gear and another set bonus from a piece of lvl 55 end-game gear. I wouldn't think they would conbine. Tio/Columi/Rakata/Campaign/DG are all lvl 50 -- so I could see them combining.

Just my /2-cents

It's the same set bonus's, nothing changes.

and Dread armorings currently list as Rakata when examined.

Tio-Columi-Rakata was set 1

Campaign-Dread was set 2

Arkanian-Verpine is set 3

Sets 1 and 2 still mesh today. Set 3 doesn't. All of the set bonus's across all 3 of the sets are identicle. Why WOULDN'T they mix if the other 2 still do?

Campaign-Dread was set 2

Sets 1 and 2 still mesh today. Set 3 doesn't. All of the set bonus's across all 3 of the sets are identicle. Why WOULDN'T they mix if the other 2 still do?

Yet you are completely ignoring the fact that Arkanian and the other new set -- LEVEL 55. NOT level 50. Why WOULD they mix? They're completely different levels!

Edited by Kilora

Yet you are completely ignoring the fact that Arkanian and the other new set -- LEVEL 55. NOT level 50. Why WOULD they mix? They're completely different levels!

Then they should give new set bonus's. The set bonus is the set bonus and they are the same across all of the sets. I'm not ignoring it. Tionese-Rakata aren't even in the game anymore. And the campaign armorings level rating may be useable 'at' 50 but the rating is much higher.

Again, it's the same set bonus. i have 4 pieces equipped that have the bonus's. I should get the bonus. just my opinion

Then they should give new set bonus's. The set bonus is the set bonus and they are the same across all of the sets. I'm not ignoring it. Tionese-Rakata aren't even in the game anymore. And the campaign armorings level rating may be useable 'at' 50 but the rating is much higher.

Again, it's the same set bonus. i have 4 pieces equipped that have the bonus's. I should get the bonus. just my opinion

I wasn't aware they were exactly the same -- so it's very possibly this is an oversight. Kind-of depressing that they couldn't figure out a new bonus. . .

That's what really threw me off -- haven't looked at the new gear yet. But in other games, when level cap increases and new gear is added -- set bonuses don't carry from one level set to another.

Some of the 55 set bonuses were "updated." Not all, but some now give different effects on level 55 sets than they did on level 50 sets. Since Bioware is lazy, they just cloned all of them, whether they were updated or not, and made them all "new" bonuses, even if they're just the same. That approach does have the single advantage that at least everyone gets screwed, rather than only those who got "new" bonuses.

some of the decisions the devs are making in this expansion are really starting to worry me

we were on the right track with gear stats and modification and travel and now with rothc we have taken a complete 180 and are heading back down the road of tedious gameplay decisions that saw the huge exoduses in the early game. and already people are starting to notice and are unhappy with all the 1000's of tiny changes made in the wrong direction with the expansion

this is not a good sign

Some of the 55 set bonuses were "updated." Not all, but some now give different effects on level 55 sets than they did on level 50 sets. Since Bioware is lazy, they just cloned all of them, whether they were updated or not, and made them all "new" bonuses, even if they're just the same. That approach does have the single advantage that at least everyone gets screwed, rather than only those who got "new" bonuses.

Agreed. Equal screwing for all.

That would explain it if the 55 were different than the 50's but i thought the rakata/dread versions of the bounty hunters that changed were changed too, not just the 55.

so it is the same between the sets there too. i think the old armorings shouldnt have the rakata tag, a set bonus is a set bonus, and this is fairly well undocumented.

Like I said Rakata was tier 1 Dread was tier 2 and they still mesh. Tier 3 should mesh as well.

Like I said Rakata was tier 1 Dread was tier 2 and they still mesh. Tier 3 should mesh as well.

Tiers aside, all the pre-2.0 set bonuses were the same regardless of tier. The new 55 stuff is the first round of gear that has actually introduced "new" bonuses.

Tiers aside, all the pre-2.0 set bonuses were the same regardless of tier. The new 55 stuff is the first round of gear that has actually introduced "new" bonuses.

Fair enough, but thats not true for Sorc/Sage healers. our bonus's are the same across the board.

Fair enough, but thats not true for Sorc/Sage healers. our bonus's are the same across the board.

You're right about the effects being the same for some classes. They're only "new" in that they were just arbitrarily cloned and assigned new effect IDs in the database, so that some of them could actually have different effects. They just didn't get around to making all of them different.

Just looking at the end result, you're right that it makes no sense at all.

I wonder if you can double the 2-piece set bonus.

Dread Guard Eliminator Set

2-piece is +15% Grav Round crit

4-piece is -6 High Impact Bolt ammo cost

Arkanian Eliminator Set

4-piece is +8% High Impact Bolt damage

If I wore 2 pieces of DG and 2 pieces of Arkanian, perhaps I'd get +30% Grav Round crit?

Arkanian Eliminator Set

If I wore 2 pieces of DG and 2 pieces of Arkanian, perhaps I'd get +30% Grav Round crit?

It's worth trying if you have the pieces. Given that bonuses which have the same nominal effect don't combine between the pre-2.0 and post-2.0 pieces, I am guessing they might just stack.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Yeah, I made sure that I got set bonuses on all of my toons (fresh alts) before 2.0, assuming they would be updated to the new set bonuses, though was suprised when none of them were. This is annoying, as it will be quite a while before I get to gearing some of them out. I also send extra set pieces won in ops to alts via legacy gear, and now these new 2.0 bonuses won't play nice with the old ones. Please update this.

• 2 weeks later...

Arkanian Eliminator Set

Worked on the PTS for Operative heals; no reason to think it won't on live.

Campaign-Dread was set 2

This may be true for your class, but some classes set bonus' DID change, that's why they don't mix. Case in point Juggernaught DPS (Vindicator)

Old set -

(2) Lowers the cooldown of Enrage or Combat Focus by 5 seconds.

(4) Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.

http://www.torhead.com/item/8IX5gm2/tionese-vindicators-chestguard

New Set -

(2) Reduces the minimum range of Saber Throw by 10 meters.

(4) Increases the damage dealt by Force Scream or Blade storm by 8%

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/swtor-arkanian-underworld-vindicator.jpg

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

BUMP! Come on Bioware, at least address this issue with a staff post! And be ready for some major commando assault cannon-fire back if this is actually intended!!

It's working as intended. Nothing to address. Some bonus change dramatically (see above) in order to keep things fair if some classes will lose their set bonus when they change then they all have to keep class balance. As long as they only do this once a year or with every expansion/level cap increase then I don't see it as a big problem.

It's working as intended. Nothing to address. Some bonus change dramatically (see above) in order to keep things fair if some classes will lose their set bonus when they change then they all have to keep class balance. As long as they only do this once a year or with every expansion/level cap increase then I don't see it as a big problem.

I think it's ridiculously stupid, but that is just my opinion. An upgrade is a downgrade - just look at a vanguard tank. Lose 2% defense for the sake of minor increases in aim, endurance and armor?

I just plain disagree with it. They should have kept the set bonuses the same across the board and allowed them to stack. Now I gotta wait for 4 Arkanian pieces before I can actually use the armorings in them?

Horrendous.