Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already went over your translation and fixed a couple of things, all included in the post now.

Argh missed another bit of mercian again

So before we get too ahead of ourselves, let’s start with a solid opener. After a LOT of testing on this matter, I’ve found the best opener for me to be (I’m listing the opener in a similar style to how I am laying out the priority system, using combos):

AP > EN > Adrenal+IR

HiB > CB (If Necessary > CB)

HiB > CB > RP+PG > CB

Begin Rotation/Priority System

I have noticed some funky activity with the CGC dot myself as far as number of ticks and I really have no idea what causes it... Something to do with where /when it's reapplied.

To answer your question on how to keep it going, it A) requires very low latency cuz when you use Rail shot right as it procs, any bad latency will cause it to delay just enough to drop off right before it's refreshed. The other thing is just making sure to get in those procs every 6s as a often as possible as described in the guide.

Hey! My 180 ping and I get along just fine! I even had more CGC uptime than you did! :p

Good guide though, well worth the read. 6s RS procs/usages are the key to victory!

It looks like the difference in our CGC ticks is from RS's off hand hit, I guess since you have a MH/OH hit you get 2 ticks for your rail shot proccing CGC, but with my HiB I get 1 hit so 1 tick of the dot. It seems to match up on every parse I've looked at on Torparse since the difference in dot hits is equal to the 2 hits of RS over the 1 hit of HiB.

It looks like the difference in our CGC ticks is from RS's off hand hit, I guess since you have a MH/OH hit you get 2 ticks for your rail shot proccing CGC, but with my HiB I get 1 hit so 1 tick of the dot. It seems to match up on every parse I've looked at on Torparse since the difference in dot hits is equal to the 2 hits of RS over the 1 hit of HiB.

It seems that way - with every RS, even if the OH hit misses, there are 2 instances of the CGC burn. Just did a parse on my Commando and checked and there's only 1 instance of the CGC burn per HIB.

Hey! My 180 ping and I get along just fine! I even had more CGC uptime than you did! :p

Good guide though, well worth the read. 6s RS procs/usages are the key to victory!

lol well I guess 180 ping works then, welcome to the thread!

I also updated the commandoneese post, thanks again

Edited by odawgg

Odawgg, thank you for your help in going over my parse and pointing out where I could push more dps.

While not on my merc, I did manage to break 3.7k dps on the 1mil dummy on my commando. So I know that 3.8k+ is within reach once I finishing gearing up, and tighten the rotation up a little more.

3711dps: http://www.torparse.com/a/528450/time/1387677301/1387677571/0/Damage+Dealt

Have a question. Is there same stat balance for Arsenal and Pyro? Or maybe for Pyro will need more crit?

I've never live tested different crit ratings, just simulated it with a priority system I don't actually use...these simulations showed using about the same crit rating as arsenal is just fine. My hunch, based on other crit/power theorycrafting I've done since 2.0, is that crit and power variations won't alter average dps by much either way...so I haven't been too motivated to spend time manually testing it.

Hey Pizza I was wondering if you could lend a fellow Pyro some advice. I'm parsing around 3.6k with 37-39 APM and I can't seem to push my numbers higher, whether its because I'm missing something vital I'm not sure. So I thought I'd come to you for help. I'm mostly BiS Dread Forged bar 2 Implants and 1 Relic, my current ones are pretty bad (Conq SA, Microfilament Reflex x2 lol). Although I'm sure those magically can't make up 300~ DPS in comparision to your top parse. I'm around 300 Crit Rating, I was wondering whether to drop some for power or stick to it. Breaking down logs my Hits per ability are almost identical apart from Unload, I noticed that I was around 60 - 70 hits on it, is that a DPS loss in comparison to PS > PS > PS? I use Unload in place of Filler 1 + 2 when Thermal Det is on cooldown and Incendiary Missile is still on the target. Powershot spam seems quite heavy on heat so I'm always nervous about using it more than once, unless I'm burning heat when Vent Heat is up. I'll have another go at it and upload a parse if you wouldn't mind giving it a look over? :)

Unload is a dps loss compared to PSx3 in term of raw damage, but not by as much as the tooltips would suggest due to armor penetration. Still a loss though.

But it's more heat efficient, so it makes heat management easier. Personally I only use PSx3 when Vent Heat is off (or close to) cooldown, otherwise I like Unload more. Though I have a slight bias, because I think Unload is a cooler animated ability, so prefer to use it more...

Edit: Also, when you're comparing your logs to odawggs, look at crit percentages. The outlier parses have some absurd crit rates going on, which can make up for a lot.

Odawgg, what is an average parse for you currently you think?

Edited by MVaglin

question, you have this posted:

Power/Crit: Using the trusty ole' Keren's Simulator, it's seen there is a rather large sweet spot for crit in full 78 gear. You can fall anywhere between 200-360 crit and not see a noticeable difference in average dps output.

what is the actual crit chance I should be looking for? I have every datacron in the game and at 210crit rating I'm at 26.72 crit chance. I thought the cap was around 20. and same for crit multiplier. thought cap was 70 my surge is at 376 makes my crit mult. 70.54

Hey Pizza I was wondering if you could lend a fellow Pyro some advice. I'm parsing around 3.6k with 37-39 APM and I can't seem to push my numbers higher, whether its because I'm missing something vital I'm not sure. So I thought I'd come to you for help. I'm mostly BiS Dread Forged bar 2 Implants and 1 Relic, my current ones are pretty bad (Conq SA, Microfilament Reflex x2 lol). Although I'm sure those magically can't make up 300~ DPS in comparision to your top parse. I'm around 300 Crit Rating, I was wondering whether to drop some for power or stick to it. Breaking down logs my Hits per ability are almost identical apart from Unload, I noticed that I was around 60 - 70 hits on it, is that a DPS loss in comparison to PS > PS > PS? I use Unload in place of Filler 1 + 2 when Thermal Det is on cooldown and Incendiary Missile is still on the target. Powershot spam seems quite heavy on heat so I'm always nervous about using it more than once, unless I'm burning heat when Vent Heat is up. I'll have another go at it and upload a parse if you wouldn't mind giving it a look over? :)

I didn't used to have to ask this question. But is 3.6k with or without armor debuff and on 1mil, 1.5mil, or no HP limit dummy? :) In any case it's not bad, and really good without debuff. 39-40 APM is the goal if you have the right distribution. I wouldn't worry too much about crit, sounds like you're in the right place...

Like MVaglin said, you should use triple PS if Vent heat is off cd or some sort of burn phase, but use UL in place of it under all other circumstances...yeah post a parse so I can see what you're doing exactly.

question, you have this posted:

Power/Crit: Using the trusty ole' Keren's Simulator, it's seen there is a rather large sweet spot for crit in full 78 gear. You can fall anywhere between 200-360 crit and not see a noticeable difference in average dps output.

what is the actual crit chance I should be looking for? I have every datacron in the game and at 210crit rating I'm at 26.72 crit chance. I thought the cap was around 20. and same for crit multiplier. thought cap was 70 my surge is at 376 makes my crit mult. 70.54

crit and power don't play a crucial role in average dps, but I would recommend to just check the links in the guide for both the KD and DF BiS stat distribution and see where you fall based on your current gear level...around 110 in 72s, 200 in 75s and 300 in 78s and ur good....just stay with 5 pieces of accuracy and 5 of surge and that will keep you in line.

Guys what do you think, why Commando's don't pull same numbers as Merc, is it because Power Shot have 2 hits, thus more chance for PPA proc?

Granted there have always been more Mercenaries on the leaderboards compared to Mandos, but at the present it is completely dominated by Mercs.

Guys what do you think, why Commando's don't pull same numbers as Merc, is it because Power Shot have 2 hits, thus more chance for PPA proc?

Granted there have always been more Mercenaries on the leaderboards compared to Mandos, but at the present it is completely dominated by Mercs.

I don't know the answer to that, but my opinion is that mercs have a slight edge over mandos due to some of the advantages associated with offhand hits. I don't believe that difference is very much, I'd be surprised if it's more than 50 dps.or so

• 2 weeks later...

Numeric Ammo readout :rolleyes:

Edited by AMightyKnight

dammit! ;) I'm still trying to figure out how to pull higher numbers on that one, one of these weeks...our tanks don't do our dps any favors lol don't get me wrong we have good tanks, I'd just like to see them bunch adds more often hehe

What dummy is best for parsing on?

I keep procing CoF on Full Auto and the proc misses all the shots except the last hit seems to land. What would be causing this? I have full accuracy.

Edited by Amboheart
Change in Q