The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT 2.0 overly nerfed, not viable

Siphorus

In the aspect of 8v8 rwz's and from what I have seen form regular warzones. Powertechs just arnt pulling their own weight. Half burst damage from TD in compensation for a dot, and dots dont kill people, burst does. CGS was orverly nerfed, I believe if TD was reverted back to normal and +50% damage back on CGS PT's would be fine.

In the aspect of 8v8 rwz's and from what I have seen form regular warzones. Powertechs just arnt pulling their own weight. Half burst damage from TD in compensation for a dot, and dots dont kill people, burst does. CGS was orverly nerfed, I believe if TD was reverted back to normal and +50% damage back on CGS PT's would be fine.

They nerfed CGC because of Volatile Ignitor (Flame Sweep 100% chance to proc CGC).

Better way would've been to just get rid of that ability. I'll take the AoE we currently had before 2.0 over some weak-*** DoT any day

They nerfed CGC because of Volatile Ignitor (Flame Sweep 100% chance to proc CGC).

Better way would've been to just get rid of that ability. I'll take the AoE we currently had before 2.0 over some weak-*** DoT any day

Its useless in pvp.

Yeah what the hell bioware im a new player 2 levels from 50 and even dropped cash on a sub

Yet now we have some ultra weak burst going in tank spec. It was at least semi decent before. My juggernaut feels like he does more damage at his level in tank spec than my pt ever will like ive seen them before. Now it takes even longer to down a mob. Give us back the armor penetration on rail shot. Or at least dont debuff our damage with ion cylinder. Soresu form doesnt have a damage penalty attached that i can see in the tooltips. Way to keep a subscribers lol i really like my class and concept but. I will not be resubbing to this crap. No additional shield.chance. no good burst. No good cooldowns. Lol our high damage is flamethrower. Gl getting that off in pvp. Way to have us carrying pea shooters now.

Edited by Vidfinnx
addition

You guys are being drama queens. I'm still topping damage in ever wz I'm playing. Just because other classes can burst now too, doesn't mean we can't keep up with them.

Wow you must be playing with/against bads if you're topping damage.

You guys are being drama queens. I'm still topping damage in ever wz I'm playing. Just because other classes can burst now too, doesn't mean we can't keep up with them.

Its because we are nolonger EZ Mode!

People do need to just man up! so what it takes a little longer to kill sumthing we still hit very hard!!

Pros adapt & The Bads & QQ'ers will roll snipers and slingers... then we can have some peace n quite :p

If it's not already stated, allow me to make it clear to everyone: The latest changes, when compared with how the other classes were done, makes it official that Bioware absolutely hates the Trooper and Bounty Hunter classes. Not just the Mercs and Commandos, they hate even the Powertechs and Vanguards now.

Before 2.0 it was rare that I wasn't top damage. Played 9 level 55 warzones today. Won all 9 matches. Was only top damage in 1 of them. Assassins, Snipers and warriors have no problem hitting for 7-8k but I struggle to get a 6k railshot at times. Pretty disappointed to see this class absolutely gutted.

Before 2.0 it was rare that I wasn't top damage. Played 9 level 55 warzones today. Won all 9 matches. Was only top damage in 1 of them. Assassins, Snipers and warriors have no problem hitting for 7-8k but I struggle to get a 6k railshot at times. Pretty disappointed to see this class absolutely gutted.

absolutely gutted is an understatement....

this....my railshots deal same dmg as pre 2.0 between 5k to 6k(rare), while i`m witnessing 10k mauls,9k ambushes and 7k dispatches and takedowns, oh great they fcked my THERMAL DETONATOR! i loved that burst, jumped on my operative(47 also i got 27k hp on this guy *** right?!:D) and sniper(50) and i was shocked at how i can 3-4 shot anybody, pyro is not burst anymore and having played all trees in 2.0 i think tank is the best spec now for PT Edited by iDraxter

And what numbers are you pulling hm? And are in even in the 55 bracket yet?

I'm not 55 yet, I'm 53, but I have played a bunch of WZs after the patch. I still put up top damage, unless a good gunslinger or DPS sage is in the game. But anyone who's done rateds, and I have, knows that burst is king. We have absolutely zero burst now. My biggest hit in WZs is usually under 7k. Meanwhile Smashers, Slingers, Sins, Mercs, Sorcs...literally every other DPS AC is putting up 8.5k or more biggest hits. We also have less sustained damage. And because Energy Rebounder was moved to the AP tree, we have even less survivability than before.

Class is absolute trash atm and I only expect that it gets worse at 55 against good players/organized teams.