The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

FRUAD. - Expansion.

philmycoke

Dear sir or madam,

As you are aware false advertising or misleading advertising is not regulated online however legal proceedings can be used to compensate and reward remedies for the victims.

I am accusing you of false advertising and mislead adverts in order to exhort money out of me.

I am also accusing you of ignoring my request for help on this matter since the 08/04/2013.

you are still using “early access” and “pre order” in the main adverts on your own website.

This is to mislead the people into thinking the “early access” is still available when they date ended on the 07/01/2013. however this date is not highlighted enough to give me or others accurate information on weather the “early access” has ended. In fact it gives the impression that we can still enrol.

So I bought Rise of the Hutt Cartel on 20/01/2013 under the assumption that the advertising which stated "Pre Order to get early access" would give me early access. Now people in fleet are saying similar things.

Good luck with that. would be interesting to see how a single person is going to successfully win a court case against EA on this matter when it was clearly stated from the outset that the early access was for pre-orders before the 7th. (At least, I specifically remember there being that date when I pre-ordered mine as do others in my guild.)

Now, today is thursday. As you had paid for the expansion you will get access on Sunday. This is just over 3 days more to wait. Is it that important to you that you must have to start levelling now rather than wait another three days? Is it so great a thing that you have to come to the forums threatening legal action because of it?

If you can't possibly wait three days, then I suggest there maybe something more wrong than just access to a video game.

Good luck with that. would be interesting to see how a single person is going to successfully win a court case against EA on this matter when it was clearly stated from the outset that the early access was for pre-orders before the 7th. (At least, I specifically remember there being that date when I pre-ordered mine as do others in my guild.)

Need I cite the history of legal action taken against large corporations by a variety of single individuals who proceeded to win their court cases against said corporations?

Misleading advertisement is not illegal, but false advertisement is. Unfortunately in this case we are suffering an example of misleading advertisement as the information in question was printed on the advertisement in small print. Unfortunately because it was small print, they are not liable for people not reading the small print.

Dear sir or madam,

As you are aware false advertising or misleading advertising is not regulated online however legal proceedings can be used to compensate and reward remedies for the victims.

I am accusing you of false advertising and mislead adverts in order to exhort money out of me.

I am also accusing you of ignoring my request for help on this matter since the 08/04/2013.

you are still using “early access” and “pre order” in the main adverts on your own website.

This is to mislead the people into thinking the “early access” is still available when they date ended on the 07/01/2013. however this date is not highlighted enough to give me or others accurate information on weather the “early access” has ended. In fact it gives the impression that we can still enrol.

So I bought Rise of the Hutt Cartel on 20/01/2013 under the assumption that the advertising which stated "Pre Order to get early access" would give me early access. Now people in fleet are saying similar things.

This is what happens when you only read the first part of something, and not the rest of it. You're an idiot.

I'd love to see a judge's face when he accuses them of "ignoring him" for 3 days because he's the only person out there that apparently can't read things that have been on the site in big bold letters.

Edited by ClexMix

Need I cite the history of legal action taken against large corporations by a variety of single individuals who proceeded to win their court cases against said corporations?

Misleading advertisement is not illegal, but false advertisement is. Unfortunately in this case we are suffering an example of misleading advertisement as the information in question was printed on the advertisement in small print. Unfortunately because it was small print, they are not liable for people not reading the small print.

Never said he wouldn't win, I just said it would be interesting to see someone win. Also, I did wish him luck, although to be fair, I was being sarcastic.

And as others have stated, if he has to threaten legal action because he has to wait three days (due to the fact he didn't read the offer), something much bigger must be wrong in his neck of the woods.

And as others have stated, if he has to threaten legal action because he has to wait three days (due to the fact he didn't read the offer), something much bigger must be wrong in his neck of the woods.

Well I imagine it is more like he wants a refund. And seeing as how we are in the largest worldwide recession in recorded history, I can't really blame him for wanting a refund, but he is unlikely to win this particular case.

well i am gonna say this, in a way bioware did rob us i dont care what anybody else says. but look at it like this, you did not pre-order before the dead line, i have no problem with this but im sure alot of people were thinking that when the patch hit theyd atleast be able to level...we are only able to gain xp to 50.9. we cannot level crew skills.. in my opinion this should of been done for ftp people, not to be who are paying 15$ a month and pretty much cant do anything until public access. i wouldnt have such a big problem if we could atleast level. this is not fair in my eyes and until the 14th subscribers are sitting ducks until the 14th..anyone agree with this?

well i am gonna say this, in a way bioware did rob us i dont care what anybody else says. but look at it like this, you did not pre-order before the dead line, i have no problem with this but im sure alot of people were thinking that when the patch hit theyd atleast be able to level...we are only able to gain xp to 50.9. we cannot level crew skills.. in my opinion this should of been done for ftp people, not to be who are paying 15$ a month and pretty much cant do anything until public access. i wouldnt have such a big problem if we could atleast level. this is not fair in my eyes and until the 14th subscribers are sitting ducks until the 14th..anyone agree with this?

Question. Has Bioware actually stated anywhere that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be added to the list of features that is available to Free to Play players? I mean I don't recall seeing it listed anywhere as being the case... but if it is, then why would anyone in their right mind pay for the expansion pack in the first place, unless all they wanted were the cool special features you get for purchasing the expansion pack? Because honestly playing the expansion pack a whole week before the rest of the population is not that huge of a perk when everyone can do it. Especially when PvP is now tiered the way it is and the level 55 people can't interact with anyone below that level in warzones.

Nope.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel's release date is 04/14 for everyone and 5 days earlier (04/09) for those that pre-orderered before Jan 7.

Leveling to 55 is part of the expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Therefore it's only natural that you do not get to level to 55 before the expansion is out and the people who have early access do.

A word to the wise: next time, when you are given a date for pre-ordering past which you will not get a certain reward you are interested in, pre-order before that date.

"Assuming" things and "what people were thinking", more times than not, lead to disappointment

Edited by TheNahash

thats a good point but i dont apreciate that im paying 15$ a month and i cant do anything but dailys to cap xp.. which takes just over an hour..they never mentioned that you wouldnt be able to level or cap xp from what i saw.. i was under the impression that id be able to level but would be at a very much slower rate then going on the new planet... Edited by J-showdo

This is why we're taught to read the fine print and why reading comprehension is part of our general education in the United States.

This is also why you don't take a week off from work for a VIDEO GAME, not that the OP did... just saying.

This is why some people should develop patience. Too many fast food places have given SOMEONE a false sense of gimme gimme gimme NOW!!!!!

You are obviously upset and wouldn't really go to court over this, unless you're just a really rich person with nothing better to do in that case i have absolutely NONE, ZERO, NADA, ZILCH empathy for you.

Grow up and wait 3 more days, quit being jealous of everyone else, ALSO, i have to wait till sunday to play makeb too but you don't see me here on the forums asking for my poopy diaper to be changed like you are sir.

Dear sir or madam,

So... you are upset that you did not read about the product that you purchased. It was clearly stated when the promotional period would end. Nobody's fault but your own if you did not bother to read the product page.

Move along. :t_confused:

thats a good point but i dont apreciate that im paying 15$ a month and i cant do anything but dailys to cap xp.. which takes just over an hour..they never mentioned that you wouldnt be able to level or cap xp from what i saw.. i was under the impression that id be able to level but would be at a very much slower rate then going on the new planet...

Yes, they clearly stated that the expansion was required to level beyond 50. Anyway, since the expansion hasn't even officially launched, what would make you think that you could level now?

Hey OP, really man get a grip, wait a few days, life goes on, "white peoples problems!" too coin a phrase and bring you back to perspective, or have a peurile little hissy fit and thrash around on the floor like a spoilt brat. Fek humanity needs a wake up slap.

Dear sir or madam,

LOL ok even when it clearly states that ending for early access was the 7th of January if you actually looked for more than 3 seconds and technically you can still pre-order since it isn't actually released at the moment so yeah :)

I agree about the subscribers are sitting ducks. I was a fairly active player in the 3 months I've been a member of the SWTor community and have leveled 4 50s and have a 5th on its way at 37. Unlocked all the class-buffs and that kind of 'stuff' if you will. In addition, I've joined an 'operations' guild that runs fairly regularly the NI versions of KP/EV and sm TFB and occasionally makes some attempts at HM Denova etc. That combined with fairly-profitable GTNing has left me with two of my characters at 50 in (61) gear and (63) gear in most of my slots.

So running HM FPs at the moment, is kind of useless. I am getting classic commendations which contribute towards... (61) gear that's worse than the gear I have equipped and all the gear will be outdated by lvl 52-blues. I did my weekly hm fp quest for the few basic comms, did the sec x // belsalvis dailies and now.... I'm just kind of sitting around twiddling my thumbs for an entire weekend. I'm quite disappointed by this outcome. I'm paying to be a sub but have nothing to 'do' that benefits any of my characters. I can't even really roll an alt for additional class buffs as I have all the classes. Being stuck at 50.99 is rather annoying. I would have at least liked to train crewskills or lvl to 55 since I've bought the expansion. I dont mind being unable to go to Makebh.

I mean, the pre-order ppl can go mine all the good slicing boxes, bioanalysis nodes and what-not to lvl their crew-skills faster, so its not like they aren't being given an advantage. Presumably too the quests in Makebh give more xp so they'd be lvling 'faster' than a non-pre order and even if we reach 55 which would take till ...what...sunday :p if your running a few characters, early access pre-orders would still have been able to run the hm fp first and have better-gear than us pre-ordered subs without early access. I just feel really... disappointed in Bioware's launch of this expansion. I would have pre-ordered before January 7th too since I pretty much pre-ordered 2-3 days after I started playing but as I said I've only been in the game for 3 months or so.

Dear sir or madam,

Your use of the 1980's edition of "formal letter guide for people who don't write formal letters" was good for a chuckle.

The problem you would have would be proving it was false and since it clearly stated early access if you brought the expansion by January 7 you would have no case. In fact the attorneys I know would most likely think you were joking and laugh about it until they figured out you were serious and then explain to you that you have no case.

I mean, the pre-order ppl can go mine all the good slicing boxes, bioanalysis nodes and what-not to lvl their crew-skills faster, so its not like they aren't being given an advantage.

It's not an advantage. It's a reward for pre-ordering by a specific date that was known to everyone and taking the risk of spending 10$ in something that could potentially turn out to be awful.

As for the nodes...it's not like the "good slicing boxes and bioanalysis nodes" are not going to respawn and be there for you to gather when you get the expansion... :rolleyes:

Presumably too the quests in Makebh give more xp so they'd be lvling 'faster' than a non-pre order and even if we reach 55 which would take till ...what...sunday :p if your running a few characters, early access pre-orders would still have been able to run the hm fp first and have better-gear than us pre-ordered subs without early access.

Of course they do: they are higher level quests than, say, Black Hole Dailies.

But how can you compare leveling to just capping out on level 50? Once you reach -1 XP from level 51 you can't get more, so it's not "faster" since you are not comparing two equal ways of leveling: your way is not leveling, it's capping out so you get to start Makeb as 51.

As for the better gear thing, really? It's 5 days, not 5 months. Unless you spend 24/7 playing this game, you will always be outgeared by someone.

And that's even besides the point. 1-2 months down the line these 5 days will not make any difference whatsoever.

I just feel really... disappointed in Bioware's launch of this expansion. I would have pre-ordered before January 7th too since I pretty much pre-ordered 2-3 days after I started playing but as I said I've only been in the game for 3 months or so.

You have to understand something very basic about how a company approaches incentives when it comes to pre-ordering something: they are not trying to please customers who might join and might stay 2-3 months later, they are trying to keep their current customer base.

When the expansion was announced the incentives (esp. 5-day early access) were something for people who were already playing the game and those who had recently joined. The prospect of playing the expansion earlier than others was the carrot on the stick, mainly because we didn't really know that much about the expansion back then so there was no other reason to pre-order it if you were on the fence.

Let me give you some examples:

Those that pre-ordered the game before launch (and I'm talking about the original release) got a black-yellow crystal. Those that bought the game after its release didn't.

Then, the people who stayed subbed to the game, got the "Founder" title. Those that joined later on, didn't.

Also, the people who stayed subbed got a Tauntaun Ram Pet. Those that come after April 25, 2011 didn't.

Rewards are a way for companies to make people want to stay, or pre-order or whatever. People that come or sub after those reward periods are over, don't get them. Otherwise, there is no reason for people to pre-order something. They will just play it safe and buy/re-sub if and when the expansion proves that it's worth it.

Edited by TheNahash

This is currently the most idiotic thread on the forums. If you think that a judge is going to side with you because you did not look down the page to the info that happens to be in all caps by the way, then you are clearly dumb. It has always been marked with a cut-off date. That is why so many of us made sure to get out pre-order in. That is why there have periodically been threads on these forums of people crying because they missed the cut-off date for whatever reason.