Future of SWTOR question

Darth_Crasis

So, heres my main concern that will decide my future as a subscriber of SWTOR. Any member of the community should feel free to respond.

With 2.0 and RHC release upcoming, will this move out PC's out of the interlude? Are there any public plans to continue the storyline?

At this point all I see is completion of the story line on Iilum, at which point you go around and get random quests to gain craploads of coms to buy awesome looking gear. Correct me if i'm wrong. At this point I have completed the SI and SW classes, and am almost complete on IA and BH. I have HK-51. While I would like to get all of the companion story lines, I dont see any way to do that for most of them outside of buying a crapload of gifts... Advice accepted. Once these 2 classes are complete... I have no reason to stay, I don't do operations, I only do flashpoints when I have to because of group finding and timing issues (They should be integrated in the storyline like Black Talon!) I dont PvP. I dont think any of my PC's has a crew skill above 200 (my latest didnt have any until lvl 30)

So, does anyone have any guidance or explanations for me? Maybe my interest in some areas could be salvaged, if I understood what was going on...

So, heres my main concern that will decide my future as a subscriber of SWTOR. Any member of the community should feel free to respond.

With 2.0 and RHC release upcoming, will this move out PC's out of the interlude? Are there any public plans to continue the storyline?

At this point all I see is completion of the story line on Iilum, at which point you go around and get random quests to gain craploads of coms to buy awesome looking gear. Correct me if i'm wrong. At this point I have completed the SI and SW classes, and am almost complete on IA and BH. I have HK-51. While I would like to get all of the companion story lines, I dont see any way to do that for most of them outside of buying a crapload of gifts... Advice accepted. Once these 2 classes are complete... I have no reason to stay, I don't do operations, I only do flashpoints when I have to because of group finding and timing issues (They should be integrated in the storyline like Black Talon!) I dont PvP. I dont think any of my PC's has a crew skill above 200 (my latest didnt have any until lvl 30)

So, does anyone have any guidance or explanations for me? Maybe my interest in some areas could be salvaged, if I understood what was going on...

I don't get why you're saying the story completes on Illum. That's just the general planet questline that everyone gets, it's not a class story. Makeb actually *feels* like you're continuing your class story. The only differences being it's going to be basically the same plot per faction. But the story is quite good and enjoyable....it's intended to feel like the natural continuation to all of your characters.

Whether they ever do entirely class specific quests again isn't entirely certain. It's all a matter of time, money, and demand.

Unfortunately, there was a recent quote from a BW dev stating that the idea of the class story is basically dead. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed. It's a massive undertaking to create 8x as much content (instead of 2x for faction based), but I'm realizing on Makeb that the class stories are what distinguish SWTOR from other games. Once I finish Makeb, and run a few weeks worth of HM FPs at Ops at 55, I'm cancelling and moving on until the next expansion (which based on history, will be 12-18 months away). I've had a great time here, but BW's ambition is now drastically less than my expectations. It's a shame that the game wasn't able to live up to the original designer's visions....coulda been something special. Edited by MarvelZombie

chuixupu, The biggest thing was the lack of guidance. I ended up on Illum, and once I completed the FE storyline, My mission screen was blank, I had absolutely no idea why my PC existed after that. Sure I knew SectionX existed because I saw the option to transport there, but again, it doesnt make sense for me to go, its not like I had a mission that said, "go to Section X". I am going through missions against the Dread Masters, but I don't really know why (I do, but my PC doesn't).

As far as Makeb goes, I haven't participated yet, hopefully its a case where once a player complete Section X they will receive instructions to travel there, and from there directions to speak to someone. If something along those lines occurs, i'll be happy to get the expansion.