Fan Art Load screen..

EAPoe

Did an EA exec's kid do the Makeb load screen art? If so, excellent job, little guy, you show a lotta potential.. however, since I pay real money for this game, I kinda think pros should do the artwork that I have to see over and over and over and over.

It's not all profit, guys.

It looks so "meh" that I'm groaning to myself knowing I'm going to look at this all the time until the next expansion. At least get the resolution right.

In the perfect world, you could swap out that picture with something yourself. In the realistic world, couldn't they set up a random rotation of images so I don't have to look at the same damn ad that's been on the site and the launcher for the last month? Cripes.

Did an EA exec's kid do the Makeb load screen art? If so, excellent job, little guy, you show a lotta potential.. however, since I pay real money for this game, I kinda think pros should do the artwork that I have to see over and over and over and over.

It's not all profit, guys.

I pay real money for alot of things that are not perfect for me. Like last night my coffee was to hot and there was not enough salt on my frys, but you know what? I sucked it up and delt with it. You pay real money for a game, that other people design, and you can always stop paying real money if little things like that bother you. I only wish I had so few worries that some bad art on a loading screen would drive me batty.

Also the above poster gave you a work around so good luck! (Your going to need it when real life gives you a few bigger worries than a loading screen)

I actually fear the loading screen, because the chick seems scared as well. Then I realized she reminded me of this socially-awkward girl from high school that I once had the pleasure of forgetting, since her creepy, awkward behavior made me feel guilty for not being a dork in high school. So now when I log in, I think of this girl and I'm scared and racked with guilt. Thanks Bioware, at least we could have had non-threatening Ewoks or empty space even. >.<

Go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens

Replace the LoadingScreen file with one of your own.

Here is the one I use, always.

Substitute your own, and have fun!

That's a good idea. I think I'll use this one....and dream...

http://dirtypixelgaming.blog.com/files/2013/01/5f164a68c94dd27118632efe2f36f0f4431.jpg

Edited by Retsu

Go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens

Nice one, at least you start at the beginning when you play. :D

For the OP : I have to say it, Can you do better? I am asking are you a graphic designer or artist and can hand draw something better?

Is it because you hate hand draw stuff or it is because it is not HD or not at your full resolution?

Take a Intuos tablet and do one yourself if not, search the internet.

Edited by Coldjaguar

Go to:

Oh, I forgot to mention, the LoadingScreen file DOES NOT have to be the same size as the original file. The game will auto resize whatever pic you substitute. Of course, the closer to the size of the original pic, the better, but not absolutely necessary.

Go to:

Thank you so much, you are a life saver. I'm probably gonna have a different load screen every month.

And I took your advice and decided to have fun, as evidenced by my newest loadscreen, which I share with everyone in this thread. http://i46.tinypic.com/2s5y2z6.png