Opinions about the new TK

Hakkology

Hello there guys. I'm just checking TK sage and trying to get its gameplay. It looks a lot of fun, too many stuff going on but i have reasons to believe it's currently broken.

1)I'm a bit disappointed about accuracy. It seems we need 432 with the math to not to miss, and very few stats left even at endgame to alacrity or surge. At this early point, we are all doomed with accuracy. I'm not loving this at all, casting MC for 2 seconds is just wrong and dissatisfactory. What was Bioware thinking ? Don't you want us to make use of other secondary stats ? No alacrity ? No surge ? How are we going to optimize this ? Give us a talent that increases our hit chance please !

2)I'm seeing very large numbers, i'm taking A LOT of aggro, not even able to manage cloud mind most of the time but the dps in combat is horrible, seeing 1900-2000 at most. Makes me feel sage dps is ALL eye-candy, it can be pushed but not too high.

3)I'm the most insane aoe damage dealer around but i'm also the most squishy rdps ever to come. Every time i decide to aoe, i find myself checking the cd of barrier or forcespeeding away after using aoes. It's not the tanks fault, considering the aoe damage i deal it is what it should be.

4)It was extremely dependent on procs already, now it is worse. We need to use MC to lower the cd of Mental Alacrity and you can never tell it's exacty cd timer since it keeps decreasing. It is like three different cooldowns on a different pace now, Relic, Mental Alacrity, Force Potency.

So, anyone else enjoying TK right now ? How are you optimizing ? Should we go full accuracy ? Am i just looking at the empty side of the glass ? Any comment is welcome.

Thanks for reading.

All the best.

Edited by Hakkology

On the aggro problem, do you end up pulling off the tank mostly on trash pulls or on boss fights as well?

Both, single target is mostly managable with cloud minds but sometimes 40 sec is just too much to keep it.

Trash is just a disaster anyway...

Hello there guys. I'm just checking TK sage and trying to get its gameplay. It looks a lot of fun, too many stuff going on but i have reasons to believe it's currently broken.

1)I'm a bit disappointed about accuracy. It seems we need 432 with the math to not to miss, and very few stats left even at endgame to alacrity or surge. At this early point, we are all doomed with accuracy. I'm not loving this at all, casting MC for 2 seconds is just wrong and dissatisfactory. What was Bioware thinking ? Don't you want us to make use of other secondary stats ? No alacrity ? No surge ? How are we going to optimize this ? Give us a talent that increases our hit chance please !

2)I'm seeing very large numbers, i'm taking A LOT of aggro, not even able to manage cloud mind most of the time but the dps in combat is horrible, seeing 1900-2000 at most. Makes me feel sage dps is ALL eye-candy, it can be pushed but not too high.

3)I'm the most insane aoe damage dealer around but i'm also the most squishy rdps ever to come. Every time i decide to aoe, i find myself checking the cd of barrier or forcespeeding away after using aoes. It's not the tanks fault, considering the aoe damage i deal it is what it should be.

4)It was extremely dependent on procs already, now it is worse. We need to use MC to lower the cd of Mental Alacrity and you can never tell it's exacty cd timer since it keeps decreasing. It is like three different cooldowns on a different pace now, Relic, Mental Alacrity, Force Potency.

So, anyone else enjoying TK right now ? How are you optimizing ? Should we go full accuracy ? Am i just looking at the empty side of the glass ? Any comment is welcome.

Thanks for reading.

All the best.

for point 1 refer to nibbon's sage dps theorycrafting post since you missed the memo about how much accuracy we need to optimize. yes it is alot compared to what we are used to (rofl at the used to part) but it does not mean its the end of the world.

for point 3 if your not using cloud mind off cd (especially on trash pulls) your bad and if your not giving your tank ample time to get aggro before you open up you are really bad and if all else fails use force barrier to save yourself and give your tank a whole 10 seconds to get aggro back and prevent you from taking ANY REPEAT ANY damage.

for point 2 refer to elidhu's sage dps 2.0 and you can look at logs from him and nibbon (them in particular though there are other good sages) and you will see with the best gear our dps is more then competitive with what other classes are doing not only with dummies but in raid bosses as well ( i think your not noticing much because of gear)

for point 4 yes its a pain man especially since there are no really good proc watchers and dot timer addons with good visual displays available to use for this game that are not considered an exploit ( it is my biggest problem with this game), This does not include the cooldown timer you can set up in your UI in the preferences section ( which you can customize to show a timer for your relics, adrenals, ability that have cd;s etc) but I still do not like the display. best advice I can give you is do the best you can as every other sage is basically dealing with the same thing you are and if its really too much for you respec to balance or a hybrid where you will not have to rely on so many procs

As far as I've seen, I'm in full coloumi gear, and starting with weaken mind on an enemy, a cast of turbulence does an instant crit and with the crit I get a chance for a second cast, which then gives me chance to insta cast TK wave which also has a chance to double cast.

I am finding that u can easily do 7K+ damage in the first 5 seconds of an encounter. Am wiping out the black hole trash mobs in less than 30 seconds.

In Wz the other night I took down jugs and marauders with ease. As long as I had force barrier up B4 initial contact, I was unbeatable for the first time ever. So far I am more than pleased with the changes.

for point 1 refer to nibbon's sage dps theorycrafting post since you missed the memo about how much accuracy we need to optimize. yes it is alot compared to what we are used to (rofl at the used to part) but it does not mean its the end of the world.

for point 3 if your not using cloud mind off cd (especially on trash pulls) your bad and if your not giving your tank ample time to get aggro before you open up you are really bad and if all else fails use force barrier to save yourself and give your tank a whole 10 seconds to get aggro back and prevent you from taking ANY REPEAT ANY damage.

for point 2 refer to elidhu's sage dps 2.0 and you can look at logs from him and nibbon (them in particular though there are other good sages) and you will see with the best gear our dps is more then competitive with what other classes are doing not only with dummies but in raid bosses as well ( i think your not noticing much because of gear)

for point 4 yes its a pain man especially since there are no really good proc watchers and dot timer addons with good visual displays available to use for this game that are not considered an exploit ( it is my biggest problem with this game), This does not include the cooldown timer you can set up in your UI in the preferences section ( which you can customize to show a timer for your relics, adrenals, ability that have cd;s etc) but I still do not like the display. best advice I can give you is do the best you can as every other sage is basically dealing with the same thing you are and if its really too much for you respec to balance or a hybrid where you will not have to rely on so many procs

1) But even for end game gearing, its %66 ! How is it going to be with early gearing like ours ?

That's what Nibbon's theorycrafting says also, that's where i got the number. 432 accuracy is a must.

3) In HM flashpoints, you get to kill mobs so fast, Cloud Mind will ALWAYS be in cooldown. I'm not even going to talk about the barrier cooldown. 40 seconds is a curse. You really think i don't use it ? I'm smashing the button after every second TK wave proc aoe ! And have you tested how FAST you can die ?

It's like approximately 16k (6k + 4k + 6k)damage within five seconds as in aoe, no time is going to be ample enough for that :D.

The funny part that i noticed is, i even get threat when my target resists my attack. Is this true ? This is just an observation, not a proven fact.

2) Okay i know this part, and this is what saddens me. I was a pretty good sage back then but i'm not seeing the numbers i used to see on parses and i miss a lot. I always preferred alacrity coz i hated the long MC casts. Now i am doomed to stack accuracy instead of alacrity. Long MC casts are the ones that are discouraging.

I think i should give this some time, you are right about this.

4) The right thing would be to activate anything when it comes on, right ? Not wait for them to synergy with each other.

I gotta work on this, i hated cd timers on wow but i never had this many seperate cooldowns :).

As far as I've seen, I'm in full coloumi gear, and starting with weaken mind on an enemy, a cast of turbulence does an instant crit and with the crit I get a chance for a second cast, which then gives me chance to insta cast TK wave which also has a chance to double cast.

I am finding that u can easily do 7K+ damage in the first 5 seconds of an encounter. Am wiping out the black hole trash mobs in less than 30 seconds.

In Wz the other night I took down jugs and marauders with ease. As long as I had force barrier up B4 initial contact, I was unbeatable for the first time ever. So far I am more than pleased with the changes.

My issue is more with the sustained dps but yes, we have amazing burst now. Thanks for the response anyway.

My final solution is, i'm going to try 432 accuracy first, then about 50 or so alacrity, that's how much i can get with black markets.

Edited by Hakkology

432 accuracy leaves room for 288 other (this is at arkanian, which is the current SM drops in S+V and TFB, so not that hard to get over a few weeks)

don't forget you have implant x2, earpiece - then you have head, chest, hand, pants, boots, main, off

as for MC - yeah you have the long cast. You can try starting the fight with mental alacrity then going into your rotation. The burst will be unbelievably high when you start with dots (which is a slow start) then go into the big moves - this also helps manage aggro to a degree, but again, it will build quickly.

Remember, I am normally speaking from a single target, high end raiding perspective.

For AOE - you shouldn't worry about dots too much - just do your quake AOE and your TK wave. Drop threat immediately after quake - if you get aggro throw up your force barrier and stop attacking for a few seconds. If you pull aggro every time then ... wait 3-5 seconds before you start attacking :)

edit: what is the 66% number you are referencing?

Edited by Nibbon

432 accuracy leaves room for 288 other (this is at arkanian, which is the current SM drops in S+V and TFB, so not that hard to get over a few weeks)

don't forget you have implant x2, earpiece - then you have head, chest, hand, pants, boots, main, off

as for MC - yeah you have the long cast. You can try starting the fight with mental alacrity then going into your rotation. The burst will be unbelievably high when you start with dots (which is a slow start) then go into the big moves - this also helps manage aggro to a degree, but again, it will build quickly.

Remember, I am normally speaking from a single target, high end raiding perspective.

For AOE - you shouldn't worry about dots too much - just do your quake AOE and your TK wave. Drop threat immediately after quake - if you get aggro throw up your force barrier and stop attacking for a few seconds. If you pull aggro every time then ... wait 3-5 seconds before you start attacking :)

edit: what is the 66% number you are referencing?

It's a close number for Arkanians, 66% (432/288) it is. It's more like 60% if i'm correct. Thanks for responding mate.

Didn't know that spreadsheet was for Arkanian, we'll see how it goes. Also i'm starting to think maybe having some more secondary stats and having like 1% accuracy miss chance might give better dps values. Optimization is going to be so much fun !

AoE is terrible, yes. I so understand why we have the barrier now. But i'm getting used to it. I just go slow when Cloud Mind is in cooldown.

Dps value are getting much better as i keep picking gear, just saw 2350 today on Gil with still %107 accuracy.

Overall things are getting better but i'm still not liking the squishiness and the intense need for accuracy. I only wish we had small amount of hit chance coming from our talents. I'm also getting used to using all three cooldowns but MC still doesn'T feel right. I always had very high alacrity back in vanilla and now it's getting worse.

We'll see, it's not thta hopeless :p.

Edited by Hakkology

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.