GSI dailies

Could you be a little vaguer please ;)

It's hard to help when you don't mention the specific quest you are having an issue with. Many of the GSI seeker droid missions are targeted on objects in the near vicinity, you just have to spot them, like the fossilised egg clusters near the Krayt skeletons. Some of the quest icons are a little off on the map and you have to position in a better area especially when looking for meteorite samples in the chasm.

Failing that, there are several good guides out there but I tend to rely on Dulfy.net

One of the meteorites is marked as in the wrong place (its the one by the sand people). Rather than looking east head west until you get to the side of another canyon and look there from the south side. Its easily seen as its not far down the canyon.

Did them today and it was not hard.

Ya. In Scaning The Depths there is one meteorite on the side of the chasm that is plain to see without binocs. I just can't find the right spot to look at it with binocs to get a scan going. I've tried from where the quest tells me to be (1604,405) , I've tried from the opposite side of the chasm. This is ridiculously frustrating. :(

Tatooine is the worst. Takes 2-3 times as long as other planets. The heroic and the scanning the depths are the worst imo.

Hoth can be time consuming as well, the volcanos seem to hate me! But yeah, looking down into the valleys doesn't seem to be easy to do with the camera system, making it fairly hard to find the meteorites, plus Tatooine is a lot of travel to the far corners of the map.

• 1 month later...

I'm right now at the site of the 3rd meteorite, the one marked on the wrong place near the sand people and the thing is not there, I looked everywhere from all the sides of the chasm.

Edit: I checked Duffy and was there standing exactly where they marked it and it's there, just real hard to find.

Edited by Lcamaral

• 1 month later...

I've got another problem with this: the map only shows 3 locations, but I'm supposed to collect 4 samples. Can anyone explain?

---

I now see the problem. The marked points do not correspond to the samples collected, so when I collected sample 3, for example, the location of sample 4 on the map ceased to be displayed. This is clearly a bug.

Edited by Jaren_Kincaid

• 3 months later...
This is kinda ridiculous, I have also been looking around for 20 mins and no fancy meteorite is to be found on tatooine!! Someone just create a guide with screenshots please and thank you! :D
dulfy.net

All the meteorites are there... they move around and you have to be standing in exactly the right spot to see them sometimes.

Seeker Droid and Binocular quests are a bigger waste of time than playing a MMO in general. Just delete them from your quest log 4 lyfe

I am slowly starting to realize this.....I might just complete them to in order for me to keep the awful memory of these dailies....I would rather be a good friend of the Gree anyway! haha

I understand your frustration, but let me tell you: Tatooine is the easiest and fastest planet for the GSI missions.

You need 2 or 3 times, then you know where e. g. the asteroids are. A good hint: They are all nearby a bridge. Out of memory, there are 6 or 7 bridges above the long canyon. The 4 asteroids are always nearby the same 4 bridges. If you know that, it's a first step into finding them quickly. The second step is to find the 2 or 3 spots where they usually spawn.

If you know these locations, finding them is easy. Then, step 3: Manage your mission walkthrough wisely. Quick travel helps a lot.

After a couple of times, you fly through the Tatooine missions. And then you get a headache because you need to travel to Alderaan for the next missions. ;)

I'm right now at the site of the 3rd meteorite, the one marked on the wrong place near the sand people and the thing is not there, I looked everywhere from all the sides of the chasm.

Edit: I checked Duffy and was there standing exactly where they marked it and it's there, just real hard to find.

there where ?! i looked everywhere..... the place marked on the map and the place dulfy pointed. cant find it.

I understand your frustration, but let me tell you: Tatooine is the easiest and fastest planet for the GSI missions.

I disagree. I did basically my whole rep on Alderaan and I would highly recommend it as destination of choice for GSI dailies. The indicators are all easy to see, none of it is bugged. The only time consuming bits are if no one knows where Big Red is that day (but usually someone does) and if you are unlucky on when the Heroic spawns.

But honestly, you could get all of Alderaan done in 20 mins with a bit of luck. Leave Tatooine now! It drove me mad too :)

Makeb non-heroics, easy, 3 can be done as part of your Makeb staged weekly;

Tatooine H2 plus scanning for droids and Krayt dragon eggs (H2 is soloable as long as you interrupt the heat laser on the droid);

Then Hoth for the other 3 - not the volcanos or H2.

Weekly done in no time at all

I've been able to complete all the non-heroics at least once. I'm starting to get an idea of which ones really annoy me.:) I'll pass on some of those from now on. I'll pick the "better" ones for the weekly and occasionally do some dailies on top of that. Depends on my mood. Some days I ignore GSI dailies completely.

Wow... I can solo the Tatooine ones in less than 30 minutes.. The single longest part is fighting the droid for the heroic..

The meteorites are easy as they always seem to spawn in or near the same location.. The one that gives me fits are the little eggs in the sand.. The crawlers are easy sauce as are the moister towers..

I usually either do Makeb or Alderaan for the weekly.. Of course now I have max rep with the GSI and the people of Makeb.. So.. All I can do now is sell the rep tokens.. :(

Edited by MajikMyst