Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EA

sirullrich

As you can see people we don't have any right to complain because EA has been ranked the worst company in AMERICA 2 years in a row. Biggest issue is customer support and the lack of employees to fill the needs of there departments. They are not going to do anything about it unless we stop spending money. All of these complaints will do you no good because they don't really care unless money is to be made. They can say all they want, but what has EA done to fix any issues with this game. Also look at the fail they did on the sim city launch. I mean they were the worst company last year and still didn't change anything. Now they are the worst company again do you really think they would really spend time to fix anything about this game which is basically fail to them.

Have you seen the letter going around from their COO? or at least supposedly from him?

Even if it is not him; there are some good points made.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/37/94/c5817d6dc2d8866146dac2ccc7cab713-eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america.jpg

Yes let's throw people under the bus. That still doesn't excuse the fact that they did NOTHING TO CHANGE ANYTHING FROM LAST YEAR. It's easy to point out what other people do wrong, but as much as those people fked up they tried to fix it. I don't see EA trying to fix any issues they had or ever had.

Have you seen the letter going around from their COO? or at least supposedly from him?

Even if it is not him; there are some good points made.

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/37/94/c5817d6dc2d8866146dac2ccc7cab713-eas-reponse-to-being-named-the-worst-company-in-america.jpg

Yup, this just proves what a joke this "competition" is. I only WISHED that the people that QQ and whine on forums about video games spent half that energy QQ'ing about real issues, perhaps issues that have a wider scope than "nerf snipers dey hit 2 hard". Sure, EA sucks monkeyballs (why is Activision not even on the bracket?), but that's what the letter addresses. Which, by the way, that letter seems totally fake. Its message, however, is totally awesome.

Yup, this just proves what a joke this "competition" is. I only WISHED that the people that QQ and whine on forums about video games spent half that energy QQ'ing about real issues, perhaps issues that have a wider scope than "nerf snipers dey hit 2 hard". Sure, EA sucks monkeyballs (why is Activision not even on the bracket?), but that's what the letter addresses. Which, by the way, that letter seems totally fake. Its message, however, is totally awesome.

I guess as long you point out the stuff other people are doing wrong and not correcting yourself first is a good message. Yeah let's just teach our children that if you are wrong just point out what other people are doing wrong and all of your faults will be forgiven. Yeah nice message and that is why EA is the worst company 2 years in a row.

I guess as long you point out the stuff other people are doing wrong and not correcting yourself first is a good message. Yeah let's just teach our children that if you are wrong just point out what other people are doing wrong and all of your faults will be forgiven. Yeah nice message and that is why EA is the worst company 2 years in a row.

No. It's just that the things EA is doing wrong, just really are not that big of deal. Really. They just aren't. That isn't to take anything away from valuing customer service and if you really do not like what they are doing; you are right to speak with your wallet. That's how capitalism works and a big part of what people neglect doing when they turn and then complain about capitalism.

Edited by Technohic

No. It's just that the things EA is doing wrong, just really are not that big of deal. Really. They just aren't. That isn't to take anything away from valuing customer service and if you really do not like what they are doing; you are right to speak with your wallet. That's how capitalism works and a big part of what people neglect doing when they turn and then complain about capitalism.

So you are saying that if I am doing something that is not right all I have to do to make my self feel better is to point out something another person is doing wrong that is worse than what I am doing? What I am saying is that instead of pointing out the faults in others shouldn't they be trying to fix there own issues. Bank of America and exxon yes they did fk up, but they are trying to fix there issues. When they get confronted they don't say well Wells fargo did the same as us how come they are not higher ranked. They admit there faults and try to fix them. Also it is easy to say that what they are doing wrong is not that bad, but we don't know the whole truth.

So you are saying that if I am doing something that is not right all I have to do to make my self feel better is to point out something another person is doing wrong that is worse than what I am doing? What I am saying is that instead of pointing out the faults in others shouldn't they be trying to fix there own issues. Bank of America and exxon yes they did fk up, but they are trying to fix there issues. When they get confronted they don't say well Wells fargo did the same as us how come they are not higher ranked. They admit there faults and try to fix them. Also it is easy to say that what they are doing wrong is not that bad, but we don't know the whole truth.

You're assuming EA is not trying to fix their issues based on what you see personally.

Besides that; it really isn't EA making themselves feel better by pointing out other companies are worse. They are just pointing out how ridiculous it is that of all things, EA was voted as the worst. It wasn't EA that compared themselves to the other companies; it was that consumerist site that did.

I would to. I mean; naked PvP or on a cruise with no power and surrounded by full sh!+ buckets? Kind of makes that poll seem a bit illegitimate.

You're assuming EA is not trying to fix their issues based on what you see personally.

Besides that; it really isn't EA making themselves feel better by pointing out other companies are worse. They are just pointing out how ridiculous it is that of all things, EA was voted as the worst. It wasn't EA that compared themselves to the other companies; it was that consumerist site that did.

I would to. I mean; naked PvP or on a cruise with no power and surrounded by full sh!+ buckets? Kind of makes that poll seem a bit illegitimate.

What ever I already unsubbed so its w/e. If it didn't matter to EA they would not have had to issue statements. My personal experience is this game. NOT once did this game ever fix any of the real issues. Even if you feel it is illegitimate it was big enough to be in every major news site. Also I am not saying that other companies are better what I am saying is EA is not going to do anything for us in this game. The biggest issue that EA has is customer support and what I am saying everyone knows that EA'S customer support is bad and we as paying subs will not get any of our issues resolved. I could give a **** about exxon or bank of America because they do not affect me. I can go to a different bank or get oil from a different company, but I can not let me repeat I can not go to a different game company to play SWTOR.

You don't know ****. :p

One company (EA) makes video games. Sometimes, the people that buy those games don't like them.

How do you even begin to compare that to corporations that had a direct hand in crashing our economy, or corporations that control our food and agriculture and want to patent new forms of genetically engineered plants that are only compatible with their own brand of pesticide? You do realize that this is a competition of the WORST company, so yeah, it does kind of matter (in this case) that someone else is worse. That's what a competition is.

Seriously, stop trying to justify your gamer hate. I don't think you need to convince anyone here that EA is a poorly run corporation, anyway.

One company (EA) makes video games. Sometimes, the people that buy those games don't like them.

How do you even begin to compare that to corporations that had a direct hand in crashing our economy, or corporations that control our food and agriculture and want to patent new forms of genetically engineered plants that are only compatible with their own brand of pesticide? You do realize that this is a competition of the WORST company, so yeah, it does kind of matter (in this case) that someone else is worse. That's what a competition is.

Seriously, stop trying to justify your gamer hate. I don't think you need to convince anyone here that EA is a poorly run corporation, anyway.

How do you begin to compare? The article that consumerist came out with listed it pretty clearly with a set of core issues common to companies and evaluated the companies based on the actions/inaction that took place over the past year.

At least hat is my understanding after reading both articles.

From the beginning I said that it was ranked the worst company in AMERICA 2 years in a row. What I said from the beginning was that this game is not going to fix any issues for us. It was you guys who brought in the other companies. SO YOU DON'T KNOW ****!!! Keep to the subject. I do not care about those other companies. I am not comparing **** you guys are.

How do you begin to compare? The article that consumerist came out with listed it pretty clearly with a set of core issues common to companies and evaluated the companies based on the actions/inaction that took place over the past year.

At least hat is my understanding after reading both articles.

He is a tool. He is comparing the companies and gets upset about it when I am not doing that. LOL

That's funny, that letter or fake letter from COO.

It is not worse than those companies simply because it's a game company but it's pretty funny to see it rated such because of its business practices. And I fully agree, EA is the worst gaming company I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, and I wish this game had never been under its umbrella.

Edited by Monterone

What ever I already unsubbed so its w/e. If it didn't matter to EA they would not have had to issue statements. My personal experience is this game. NOT once did this game ever fix any of the real issues. Even if you feel it is illegitimate it was big enough to be in every major news site. Also I am not saying that other companies are better what I am saying is EA is not going to do anything for us in this game. The biggest issue that EA has is customer support and what I am saying everyone knows that EA'S customer support is bad and we as paying subs will not get any of our issues resolved. I could give a **** about exxon or bank of America because they do not affect me. I can go to a different bank or get oil from a different company, but I can not let me repeat I can not go to a different game company to play SWTOR.

Don't take this the wrong way buddy, but they affect you far more than you seem to know. You really should do some more research on what these corporations have done, not in terms of the service they provide their customers but in the power they hold in our government and their reach. You're complaining about a little rain leaking through your roof when the real problem is that your basement is flooded. You just haven't realized it yet.

He is a tool. He is comparing the companies and gets upset about it when I am not doing that. LOL

How about you try reading the news once in a while you uninformed ignoramus. See, I can call you names too.

You totally missed the point I made. That's ok, just keep talking because you're certainly not doing yourself any favors.

Don't take this the wrong way buddy, but they affect you far more than you seem to know. You really should do some more research on what these corporations have done, not in terms of the service they provide their customers but in the power they hold in our government and their reach. You're complaining about a little rain leaking through your roof when the real problem is that your basement is flooded. You just haven't realized it yet.

Dude please I am just talking about how EA will not do anything for us. Man read my first post. The second reply was the guy saying there were companies doing things worse than EA. But again man I am not talking about it. I am just saying EA will not do anything for you. OMG man this dude and his propaganda. I am not going to research what these companies are doing to me because I am talking about EA. Maybe I am wrong but does exxon or b of a have anything to do with my enjoyment of SWTOR?

How about you try reading the news once in a while you uninformed ignoramus. See, I can call you names too.

You totally missed the point I made. That's ok, just keep talking because you're certainly not doing yourself any favors.

HAHA fine man I don't read the news enough I don't research enough. Yes I am in ignoramus, but I still don't see how reading the news is going to make my game FROM EA better.

Dude please I am just talking about how EA will not do anything for us. Man read my first post. The second reply was the guy saying there were companies doing things worse than EA. But again man I am not talking about it. I am just saying EA will not do anything for you. OMG man this dude and his propaganda. I am not going to research what these companies are doing to me because I am talking about EA. Maybe I am wrong but does exxon or b of a have anything to do with my enjoyment of SWTOR?

No, but maybe if you took the time to enlighten yourself you would see things in a different perspective. Because now, you just seem petty. BTW, I'm not defending EA. They're terrible. But I am attacking some of the assertions you made. If you want to be the only one in the room with an opinion, then go ahead, knock yourself out.

No, but maybe if you took the time to enlighten yourself you would see things in a different perspective. Because now, you just seem petty. BTW, I'm not defending EA. They're terrible. But I am attacking some of the assertions you made. If you want to be the only one in the room with an opinion, then go ahead, knock yourself out.

Did you read my first post? Did I ever mention any other company? I'm not defending any other company what I am saying is EA will not do anything for us. I did not make call out any other company. It was you saying I don't know ****. All I said was EA is throwing other companies under the bus. I didn't say that what the other companies were doing was right. You just want to show me how good you are at searching the internet. When you were in school and got in trouble for something did you ever say, but he/she is doing it too. Your teacher or your parents probably replied does that make it right? What I said was it doesn't make it right for EA to not treat there customers properly by using what other companies are doing wrong. EA is EA and the other companies have there own issues. What I'm saying is EA should be worried about what they are doing not what the others are doing.

Just to agree on what someone said: I wish this game would not have fallen in the hands of EA, even BW. I did not know about them being voted worst company in america for 2 years in a row, that's embarrassing and they should feel ashamed for running a joke of a company that clearly JUST wants your money and provides sub-par products.

Thanks to the 1st person that linked this into forums.

-Seeng

Just to agree on what someone said: I wish this game would not have fallen in the hands of EA, even BW. I did not know about them being voted worst company in america for 2 years in a row, that's embarrassing and they should feel ashamed for running a joke of a company that clearly JUST wants your money and provides sub-par products.

Thanks to the 1st person that linked this into forums.

-Seeng

Exactly!! I only care about what EA has done to this game that I really like. People bringing in other companies to prove there point is not what I wanted. EA will not do anything until they start losing money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.