The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear for Cartel Market

I really liked the original endgame gear for some of the classes and it seems like a shame for them to just simply disappear forever. I think that empty shell versions (adaptive, no armorings, mods or enhancements) should be put on the cartel market. Maybe make them only accessible for 1-50 or restricted to just 50's. Anyway that's my thoughts on it.

Although just having them a while after RotHC may seem like a status symbol to some, signifying how long someones character had been around.

Given that there are people that put in effort to get those models, I'd have to say I disapprove of giving them away.

However, if enough people insist, I think a potential compromise is to go for a "Golden Tionese" set, like the Golden Scalene. Ideally that also color-unifies the other way with primary and secondary colors, to both increase the possible looks that can be created, and to have absolute distinction between the two.

Edited by Jagrevi

Situation - We hate current gear, looks stupid, we want a new one, other one, perfect one!

Result - Yay, we have the new one, great but we miss the old one, damn, put them back!

LOL

Well, thats why I collect all my old gear in stock. Whole rakata set on my jugg and sorc, tho sorc set is pain for the eyes. :D

I cant see reason why BW would have to put old armors back to cartel but if ppl want to buy it for the real money, go BW, go and satisfy them. :D

• 1 month later...
I think it would be better if we can get them as schematics so players can craft them. In all honesty it feels like with every new piece of gear that you can get on the CM the players that make gear aren't really able to sell some the stuff they crafted because people want CM gear more. If they sell the old gear as schematic sets on the CM for a limited time (like a few days) it would be a real help for the crafters.

I agree. I loved these sets. Now the only way to get them is in ops, and you have to compete for them with like 8 other people. If not, at least add them back into the Classic Comms vendor.

Sorry friend, but I think you are mistake here. Those gears are no longer available, not even in Ops. They were completely removed from game, as well their mirrors like Xenotech/Exotech and Energized (I think it's that).

Answering the thread, I have already raised many threads about this. I would really appreciate to have the option to get/purchase those gears for my other toons.

I have a crazy idea: Throw them in as a new set...on THE LEGACY VENDORS.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy them if they hit the Cartel Market, but I'd rather they have use somewhere a bit more exclusive.

Or you could put them in boxes on the Collector's Edition Vendor, that'll brighten CE Owners' day...

So there's been feedback on Animal mounts, why not this thread? Its the least amount of work that needs to be done for a product that many would purchase (at least based on the numbers represented on the forums).

• 1 month later...
I'm a fairly new player but one of the reasons I really wanted to play was the look of the rakata, tionese and columi sets on the sorcerer. I didn't start again till after till after the 2.0 patch so I had leveled my sorcerer to level 42 before finding out that the rakata, tionese and columi sets we're discontinued. Masssssssively disappointed to the extent I stopped playing my sorcerer for a month or two. And as of now Darth Baras is taunting me with his own similar set. So personally if BW re-introduced these sets as a orange shell or whatever, crafted, cartel market or whatever I would and i'm sure many many more would be extremely happy to throw my money at them..

I would also like to see these make a comeback. I have a few sets on the sage and her companions but I would like moddable belts/bracers since the originals didn't come with them. I am one of those people that was lucky enough to get some of the sets for a few alts but others didn't make it to 50 in time. It doesn't devalue the work I put into getting them originally to have them come back. There were a few sets I didn't like (Consular...Sage in particular) but most I really liked.

• 3 weeks later...
I personally loved the Kngiht and Warrior end game gear, couldn't wait to have my Jugg hit 50, get the comms, and get the awesome Tionese gear. But that didn't happen :(. So I love the idea of the armor sets (for each class) as adaptive just to comeback or as they were before the expansion.

• 5 months later...

This thread is terrible.

The schematics are in game.

Crafters that saved their proffession even though it pinalizes them for operations content need a deserve this boon.

Make the energized and exo tech sets BOE bioware.

If you put them up on the CM and dont change the schematics, im afraid it would be a final straw for me. It would be another drop in the bucket of **** that you have offered us from the start.

DO NOT PROFIT FROM THESE MODELS IN THIS WAY. Your current team didnt design them because they were around before FTP and the employee shake-up.

You dont deserve it, while the founder player base does.

Ok so we're all aware that the people that earned this gear at lvl 50 cap have had their time to shine, it's now a case of the "have and have-Nots". Now the level cap is at 55 and there are new sets there's a new goal new set bonuses..

There is absolutely no reason to get rid of these vendors.. They are old news to raiders and Min-Maxers out there because the mods in them are useless now ...yes Mods/armors/enh -this is mainly why they were valuable.

So let's say someone had an entire set except for one piece like um a helmet that's a pretty big deal that u can't even attempt to complete the set, nope Train left the station for no reason.

OLD NAXXRAMAS ring anyone's bell, blizzard did the same thing once and now those gear sets are some of the most valued in game just for their exclusiveness ..people didn't see those sets available for years and now u gamble for maybe one piece

..BIOWARE just make the sets into shells and make them cost the same as current gear u buy with basic/elite/ultimate commendations ..so once someone has all the stats he/she wants now there's another motive to continue completing daily/weekly quests. Hell, make them cost a 99 stack of 10 different rare purple craft mats Idc ..just allow those who want to work for them have the possibility.. The Cartel market would be a VERY un-creative way to re-introduce the gear.. CM should be for fresh material not seen yet.

Given that there are people that put in effort to get those models, I'd have to say I disapprove of giving them away.

However, if enough people insist, I think a potential compromise is to go for a "Golden Tionese" set, like the Golden Scalene. Ideally that also color-unifies the other way with primary and secondary colors, to both increase the possible looks that can be created, and to have absolute distinction between the two.

I agree with this in a way. I think they could be maybe a reputation thing like Legend status with Oricon. Why Oricon? I've seen a number of people struggle with soloing Oricon quests for different reasons. I've had some struggles myself, but I like the "Dread War Veteran" title (forgot the Empire's title) and the Strike Force Tauntaun looks friggin' sweet, so I keep pushing with it. I love the Rakata look for the Agent and find the new gear doesn't have the same appeal to me. I like most of it, but the Agent gear was my favorite look with Sith Warrior Arkanian gear and some of the old Jedi Knight PvP armor coming close behind that.