Whats The Point To Expansion...Er Cash Patch?

Josewales

Yeah, because BW/EA are going to turn away from making more money. Expansions, even small ones, sell and they encourage people to keep playing and spending money.

Maybe. We'll see. Makeb is the first storyline progression in 16 months. 16 months for 2 levels of content...:)

Hey, I like vanilla SWTOR. I liked it so much I subbed for the first 5 months. I liked it so much I resubbed for double xp. I like the game so much I want it to have real expansions, not 2 levels worth of planet story stretched to fit into 5 levels that most people will be done with in 2 days.

:rolleyes:

Oh, you're one of THOSE guys. lol heard about your type.

Got your hopes up really high, played the game for a few months, rage quit in droves and now you come crawling back now that the game is picking back up again.

Get your hopes up again. Please.

Oh, you're one of THOSE guys. lol heard about your type.

Got your hopes up really high, played the game for a few months, rage quit in droves and now you come crawling back now that the game is picking back up again.

Get your hopes up again. Please.

I didn't rage quit, I love this game, I quit because I was done with the content. I'm not going to sit around and grind dailies and raids for 6 months, or if I do I'm going to do it in an MMO that is good at keeping that interesting.

I'm here for the BioWare-style story and the content, I ran out of the content, Makeb has 2 levels worth of new content which is the same for all classes, one Imp and one Rep, and that took them 16 months.

Yeah, they can and should do better than that.

You mean, I will have to do the dailies several times to just get to max level? ok, this game will not last long at all.

Bioware need to use some imagination for story and content, because its getting quite pathetic to see poorly made quests that give less then what the effort you put into completing them.

Maybe. We'll see. Makeb is the first storyline progression in 16 months. 16 months for 2 levels of content...:)

Already 3 levels for me and I have not even finished Makeb let alone done the macro-binos and the seeker doid missions.

Apparently the macro-binos line is a levels worth of xp.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Am I missing something?

Apparently, you've been missing the last 3 months. You pre-ordered the expansion and had no idea what it involved until yesterday? The expansion is exactly what they told us it would be. Why would anyone be surprised by what it is?

Good point. Can we as a SWTOR community officially call it what it is? A DLC pack. It is not, nor will it ever be an expansion.

There isn't even enough content to get you to max level. It is not an expansion.

It is what it is. Don't really get why people are obsessed with putting labels on everything. I call it an expansion....you call it a DLC pack....someone else calls it something else. Does that change the content? Does that change the features? No. All the harping on what the "label" of this should be is pointless.

^^ What he said!

You people need to stop having such a sense of entitlement, the "ME" generation is starting to take over where everyone expects that they deserve something for nothing.

The DLC or expansion or whatever you want to call is was $10 measly dollars, the price of a value meal at McDonalds FFS. The planet and extra levels and art content alone are worth that, hell people spend more than that on the CM for one set of gear.

The dev team put a lot of work into this and I think it is well worth the $10, the game is much more fun to play and more stuff to do. Pretty hard to argue with spending $10 for even a weeks worth of entertainment.

You are completely missing the entire point lol. This isnt about "measly 10 dollars", its about something called an expansion when its just content compared to a dlc, when most companies even smaller than Bioware manages to do way vaster expansions. Look at Rifts expansion how big it is for example!

rothc is a joke so far

Not that it matters in the end, but the reason companies can get away with selling small dlc packs for 10$ in todays day and age, is because no one boycotted Call of Duty when they started charging 15$ for three maps.... millions bought 60$ worth of maps....

this has set an example for major companies that we are willing to shell out too much for too little. dont blame EA, blame the idiots that justify their decisions

You are completely missing the entire point lol. This isnt about "measly 10 dollars", its about something called an expansion when its just content compared to a dlc, when most companies even smaller than Bioware manages to do way vaster expansions. Look at Rifts expansion how big it is for example!

rothc is a joke so far

Who cares what is called. Expansion or DLC...it was $10. what world do you think you are in where you are going to get an "expansion" for $10 that equates to a $50 expansion in other games? they added a new planet and levels etc...thats "expanding" the game. not by much, but it meets the definition of expansion and it was priced right for the amount of content. Stop being so hung up on the name and comparing to other games with expansions priced 5X more

In a week's time, none of you will care about this.

Just like a few weeks ago, it was all 'rawr cartel packs rawr'

And just last week , it was 'raaawrrr apac server merger petition rawr'

and last month, it was ' rawwrrr whar Makeb whar rawr'.

All they gotta do is just wait a few days and the forums will move on to a new topic to whine and cry about.

I predict that it'll be 'rawr HC too short, call it a dlc not an expansion rawr'

It feels to me like what they call in Star trek online a "season"....a small DLC upgrade of content usually a fraction of the content in an expansion...and in STO they are free.....

I come from Eq2 and use their idea of expansions as a baseline....." a large amount of content and usually a level increase coupled with new gear and zones to explore and new endbosses and endgear.

This content feels a litte light........20 dollars or 10...either way

Again I am comparing another set of MMO's to this one and that might not be fair but it is MY experiences.

Edited by Garravesh

In a week's time, none of you will care about this.

Just like a few weeks ago, it was all 'rawr cartel packs rawr'

And just last week , it was 'raaawrrr apac server merger petition rawr'

and last month, it was ' rawwrrr whar Makeb whar rawr'.

All they gotta do is just wait a few days and the forums will move on to a new topic to whine and cry about.

I predict that it'll be 'rawr HC too short, call it a dlc not an expansion rawr'

Infernixx, a number of your posts have been well-though-out responses to some of the things people post in the forums.

This is not one of them.

While I don't condone needless whinging, there are many people that posted about all three of those topics in a logical and respectful way (myself included). The fact that you're lumping everyone (i.e. "the forums") together is really insulting.

Edited by Khevar

It feels to me like what they call in Star trek online a "season"....a small DLC upgrade of content usually a fraction of the content in an expansion...and in STO they are free.....

I come from Eq2 and use their idea of expansions as a baseline....." a large amount of content and usually a level increase coupled with new gear and zones to explore and new endbosses and endgear.

This content feels a litte light........20 dollars or 10...either way

Again I am comparing another set of MMO's to this one and that might not be fair but it is MY experiences.

Speaking of which. They will be releasing their first expansion for free next month.

Y'all will pay more for a value meal at mcd's then for this and you will spend way more time on this then that burger. Stop complaining about EVERYTHING!

You are full of crap not seen any MCdumpsters combo meal over 20 dollars or even 10 dollars when large sized.......except at the 2 most expensive McDumpsters in the world......

and people complaining about people complaining....truely a gem

Id rather spend the 50 bucks on a "TRUE" expansion. 5 levels and a new planet that will only have its luster for no longer than a week isn't good. Loyal players true to the game would wait months for a true expansion with everything people are looking for. But then again, i'd like to see a true expansion, and make F2P have to subscribe with an expansion.

Id rather spend the 50 bucks on a "TRUE" expansion. 5 levels and a new planet that will only have its luster for no longer than a week isn't good.

Developers do that in other games, and the players still blow through the content just as fast, and still have the same complaints about there not being enough new shiny things to do to keep them subscribing.

Here's the model they want to you to play by: Make new characters, replay the content, and do the "end content" with your max level characters. If they wanted people to keep going with a few characters, you'd see a lot more class story content. They're broadening the pool faster than they are deepening it, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that approach. It's just the path they've chosen, and most games, believe it or not, do that as well.

Frequent level cap increases and adding new zones doesn't always work the way you think it does. Keep in mind the game is barely a year old, and much of that time has been spent adjusting what's already in the game, as much as making new things. New content is slower in the first year or so of a game's life as they work out kinks, and then, once their footing is set and they know they'll be around for a while, the Devs really get going into content. If they haven't announced a larger expansion by the end of the year, then maybe you could start worrying more about the "small" additions we're getting.

I would rather pay $100 for a real expansion then $10 for a 1-day DLC that doesn't even have enough content to get you to the new level cap. But that's just me.

If you did all of this in 1 day then you need to get off the computer. There is more to life than video games.