Thermal Detonator/Assault Plastique is Miserable

ScytheEleven

With the change in 2.0, TD/Assault Plastique's damage gets split between kinetic and a 12-second elemental burn over time.

For those confused, let's say TD/AP hit for 3k before 2.0 (non-crit).

Now, in 2.0, split 3k in half: 1.5k kinetic damage, and then 1.5k elemental damage over 12 seconds.

This is actually a terrible change for PVP, and for PVE...it still sucks.

From a PVP perspective, it nerfs the burst. Hell, the burst was already lessened with the CGC/Plasma Cell nerf...so now PT/VG burst in PVP is just gone.

For a PVE point of view, no one in their right mind took TD/AP for a PVE build. And now, that is still the same. The other talents you can take in it's place are too good to place up (in 2.0, if you don't take TD/AP, you can take: 6% damage boost to all fire abilities, an extra 3% AIM, and an extra 3% damage boost to your Flame Burst/Ion Pulse).

In summary, TD/AP is now crap for PVP, and is still crap for PVE.

Solution: boost the kinetic damage of TD to the original level, and keep the elemental burn damage the same. Right now, dropping TD/AP in a PVE build nets you around a 50 - 60 DPS increase. By bringing up the kinetic damage to prior levels, I believe this would make it so taking TD/AP for PVE players will be intriquing.

By bringing up the kinetic damage, it would also give burst back to PVP players.

Simple solution. Please do it.

So, VG/PTS were good at one thing and thats burst damage.. you give every other class in the game INSANE burst and than take away our burst.. that being the ONE thing we were good at and now our class has been made obsolete while every other dps class runs around with more burst than we ever had.. How in the hell does that make sense? Edited by mfourcustom

Was thinking about this and what would also make TD/Assault Plastique's a bit more attractive to get if it for example had a high to a 100% chance to proc PPC/IA.

You never throw out a TD/Assault Plastique's because you only do this witin the downtime of PPC/IA..be nice if they tied it into it so its actually usefull for the spec at all times not within the 6 seconds of PPC/IAs cooldown.

With the change in 2.0, TD/Assault Plastique's damage gets split between kinetic and a 12-second elemental burn over time.

For those confused, let's say TD/AP hit for 3k before 2.0 (non-crit).

Now, in 2.0, split 3k in half: 1.5k kinetic damage, and then 1.5k elemental damage over 12 seconds.

This is actually a terrible change for PVP, and for PVE...it still sucks.

From a PVP perspective, it nerfs the burst. Hell, the burst was already lessened with the CGC/Plasma Cell nerf...so now PT/VG burst in PVP is just gone.

For a PVE point of view, no one in their right mind took TD/AP for a PVE build. And now, that is still the same. The other talents you can take in it's place are too good to place up (in 2.0, if you don't take TD/AP, you can take: 6% damage boost to all fire abilities, an extra 3% AIM, and an extra 3% damage boost to your Flame Burst/Ion Pulse).

In summary, TD/AP is now crap for PVP, and is still crap for PVE.

Solution: boost the kinetic damage of TD to the original level, and keep the elemental burn damage the same. Right now, dropping TD/AP in a PVE build nets you around a 50 - 60 DPS increase. By bringing up the kinetic damage to prior levels, I believe this would make it so taking TD/AP for PVE players will be intriquing.

By bringing up the kinetic damage, it would also give burst back to PVP players.

Simple solution. Please do it.

And why is this in the general forums? Misery loves company?

I'm not disputing the issue (obviously a PvP concern) but this should be in the suggestion forum.

And why is this in the general forums? Misery loves company?

I'm not disputing the issue (obviously a PvP concern) but this should be in the suggestion forum.

cause we are already qqing in the powertech and vanguard forums xD wanna make sure bioware sees it lol

fotm spec isnt fotm anymore?

travesty

It is. Some of us don't want to be overpowered we wanna be balanced. Also if you're trying to imply thermal detonator was what was making us overpowered you are severely mistaken. Most spec's didn't take it and even now in 2.0 it's worthless. If powertech's are really as bad as people say then we should ask for re-balancing.

Edited by Flalia

Complaining about this from a PvP stance is almost comical, pyro/assault BHs/VGs were top of the heap forever that build was head and shoulders above any other that those classes could put together. You should thank yourself lucky that the nerf was quite so mild.

Complaining about this from a PvP stance is almost comical, pyro/assault BHs/VGs were top of the heap forever that build was head and shoulders above any other that those classes could put together. You should thank yourself lucky that the nerf was quite so mild.

"quite so mild"?

The nerf was massive; it practically neutered the Powertech/Vangaurd classes in terms of DPS. We hit like a wet noodle now, and are pathetic at both PVE and PVP.

"quite so mild"?

The nerf was massive; it practically neutered the Powertech/Vangaurd classes in terms of DPS. We hit like a wet noodle now, and are pathetic at both PVE and PVP.

^^ VGS/PTS had NOTHING but our burst, we had little to no survivability little to no utility outside of our pull. we have nothing now and every other class now has insane burst our nerf was not needed and NEEDS to be rebalanced.

I mean this is just from my point of view but the patch is like 3 days old right? and i already see less and less pt and vgs we cant keep up anymore thanks to these nerfs.. its flat out not right.

"quite so mild"?

If the change to TD/AP really made that much difference to the class, as you claim, then it was OP and needed a nerf.

If the change to TD/AP really made that much difference to the class, as you claim, then it was OP and needed a nerf.

The CGC nerf was what hit PVE the most. No Pyro took TD in PVE.

PVP was hit by the TD nerf.

And yes, I should've put this in the suggestion forum, my mistake.