Please Remove Achievements from Guild Notifcations In Next Patch

SomeJagoff

Title says it all. Since logging in, I've seen about a thousand achievement popups in my guild panel, this is unbelievably annoying. Only option right now is to turn off guild information, except if I do that, I lose when people login/logout. Please at least give us a toggle, otherwise just remove it completely. I can't be the only one who is greatly annoyed by this.

Why not just ask for the ability to turn Guild Chat Achievement Notifications off in Preferences? Why kill the whole thing? Edit:[Nevermind, I see you did mention a toggle...sorry!] Edited by Plicitous

Instead of requesting a change that completely ignores the possibility that there are people who want to see that information, why not ask for the ability to turn Guild Chat Achievement Notifications off in Preferences?

It's not all about you.

+1,

I would like the optino to turn that off

Are these suppressed if you uncheck the "Guild Notifications" thing in the chat settings? Or are you stuck with them as long as you just have "Guild Chat" set on for a tab?

You would miss the login/logout and join/quit notifications, but if turning off Guild Notifications works, then at least it will suppress the achievement spam until they add a separate toggle for it, or redirect this junk to a different chat filter.

I agree. An opt-out would be nice.

It's not just the instant achievements upon login, with 15+ guildies online leveling/playing their high and low level characters it gets meaningless and just amounts to spam. No one cares or bothers to check what the achievements mean.

Are these suppressed if you uncheck the "Guild Notifications" thing in the chat settings? Or are you stuck with them as long as you just have "Guild Chat" set on for a tab?

You would miss the login/logout and join/quit notifications, but if turning off Guild Notifications works, then at least it will suppress the achievement spam until they add a separate toggle for it, or redirect this junk to a different chat filter.

I have had my Guild Notifications in a separate chat tab for weeks now. It would be nice if there was a separate filter for these, but "hiding" the notifications works for now.

+1

It was interesting for a few seconds, but it quickly becomes a bunch of white noise and I end up turning off guild chat, which I'd rather not do.

yeah, I've had a couple of guildies stop to ask me what I did in terms of some achievements, so I was like, "uh, I dunno?....killed something in pvp I guess"

All I see now is a wall of dark green text.....then a guildie saying something, then another wall of dark green text.

So in essence, guild chat is becoming TL;DR.

Edited by SomeJagoff

I agree, please include the option to switch that off.

Preferrably two separate options:

1) Suppress other people's achievement messages in chat.

2) Down show own achievement messages to others.

Simply none of their business. I'm not an exhibitionist. :)

Why are you in a guild if you feel no comradery with your guildies or no pride in your guild. These announcements are great for guild morale and are long overdue in this game.

When you see the same bloody achievement come up every 5 minutes its not.

I mean wooo hoo you killed a 100 mobs, excellent work

Why are you in a guild if you feel no comradery with your guildies or no pride in your guild. These announcements are great for guild morale and are long overdue in this game.

Seriously?

How is it great for guild morale when this happens:

<player1 has logged in>

Khevar: Hey player1 hows it going?

<player2 has killed 10 mobs on Section X>

<player3 has killed 10 mobs on Section X>

<player4 has killed 10 mobs on Section X>

Khevar: player1?

<player5 has killed 10 mobs in Section X>

<player6 has killed 10 mobs in Section X>

<player7 has killed 10 mobs in Section X>

Khevar: nm

A bunch of guildies were doing dailies and the alerts were actually getting in the way of friendly conversation. "Guild morale" is achieved by being in good communication with one another and by doing things together.

But hey, I get that you think this is a good idea. I'd just like the option to disable the achievement notifications, but still get an alert when someone logs in the game.

ALL nobs, you can remove them in the chat setting... so many noob around...

You can remove ALL notifications in the chat setting. I'd like to have <player1 logged on> continue to show up.

Or did you perhaps misunderstand what is being written here in your rush to call us all "nobs"

You can remove ALL notifications in the chat setting. I'd like to have <player1 logged on> continue to show up.

Or did you perhaps misunderstand what is being written here in your rush to call us all "nobs"

Use two different chat tab in different position, one even smaller, wait until the put something to filter it. Problem solved.

One more note, in the next month the notification will drop by 95%, as every game.

Never play an MMO neh? :v

Use two different chat tab in different position, one even smaller, wait until the put something to filter it. Problem solved.

Not sure what this means: "wait until the put something to filter it"

On the off-chance that there is actual bona-fide solution to this issue, could you clarify this? How do you filter out achievement notifications and NOT filter out guildies logging in.

Edited by Khevar

yeah as I mentioned before, I'd still like to see when people log on and off, without having to keep checking guild member info to see if somebody dc'd or something mid conversation.