Did the TTK..... Just get shorter?

UltimateKrucible

Yeah, people are dying ridiculously fast now, lol.

Just go naked, you'll live longer.

Yeah, I do this, I even have a weapon now thats only a skinn, so I get as much boost as I can.

I still get killed by 4 hits though, and I must say that it looks SILLY when 16 NAKED toons try to do battle!

Plz plz plz BW, FIX the PvP, its not fun to play anymore!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was wainonomememememen or something like that.

Yeah, that was me, Wainonomememememen. Almost right, just needed to remember to cap the w.

Thanks for the kind words (and from others), glad people found it interesting.

I'd like to be able to do something similar for the new Live too, but first I was a) waiting for my wife's non-prepurchase ROTHC so we could do the Makeb story together ("aaaaaahhh...."); then b) gone on a course with no SWTOR access. As a result I've only played a bit in the 30-54 bracket, with lots of gear switching as I was looking at Bolster, and haven't really been able to gather much relevant combat log data.

One thing I did notice was that Smash didn't seem to be ruling the roost in the way it was, either on previous Live or PTS. Smash (though still big and common) was only around 20% of the biggest hts rather than 90%. All from a pretty small sample though, so not conclusive, note use of "seem", etc.

Didn't feel TTK was lower either. Maybe because I mostly play Scoundrel/Op and am used to being squishy. I did feel like the basic power of characters was more equal - which is the whole point of bolster, so yay - but that there were a LOT of inexperienced players, or people who didn't know what to do or react quickly enough.

On the request for data from Bioware - I'm all for it and would urge people to take part if they can. If you want to improve PvP in the game, here's your chance to do something constructive. Bioware theoretically have all the info, but that's probably part of their problem: they have an enormous amount of potential info to dig through, and help picking out important detail is useful.

Anyway, I'm lurking in breaktime from said course, wish I could join you kicking Imps, but have fun without me.

Edited by Wainamoinen

For those of you who are critically hitting with certain abilities for over 9000 damage in bolstered PvP situations, please post the following information:

1. Which advanced class is your character that is able to critically hit for over 9000 damage in PvP situations?

Sniper

2. What level is this same character?

30 last week - 42 now.

3. Which ability or abilities are critically hitting for over 9000 damage in PvP situations?

Ambush. Though take down regularly hits for 6500.

4. About how often would you say the above ability or abilities critically hit for over 9000 damage in PvP situations?

When it crits (about 30% of the time or so), it will hit between 4k (against heavy tank) and 9400 depending on who I am shooting at. Light armor takes the most damage, tank takes the least. Non-crit against a medium armor it hits for around 4-5k.

5. While in a PvP zone and under the affects of bolster, what does your character sheet show for the following stat values?

A. Expertise (while bolstered) = 2004

B. [Melee/Ranged] Bonus Damage (while bolstered) = 567.8

C. [Melee/Ranged] Critical Chance (while bolstered) = 34.31

D. [Melee/Ranged] Critical Multiplier (while bolstered) = 75.23

E. [Force/Tech] Bonus Damage (while bolstered) = Not sure - looking at one of my videos. Haven't PVP'd today.

F. [Force/Tech] Critical Chance (while bolstered) = Same.

G. [Force/Tech] Critical Multiplier (while bolstered) = Same.

6. In that same set of equipment, how much expertise does your character have while NOT in a PvP area and NOT under the affects of bolster?

A. Expertise = 0

B. [Melee/Ranged] Bonus Damage = 222

C. [Melee/Ranged] Critical Chance = 24.29%

D. [Melee/Ranged] Critical Multiplier = 58.42%

E. [Force/Tech] Bonus Damage = 354.1

F. [Force/Tech] Critical Chance = 27.41

G. [Force/Tech] Critical Multiplier = 58.42

7. What kind of equipment are you wearing? Please list any modifications you've made to your equipment (for example, please note if you have added any augments to it or switched out any of the armorings, mods, enhancements, color crystals, etc. - and note what type of augment/armoring/mod/etc. that you have swapped into each slot of each piece of equipment).

Adaptive gear with planetary commendations. I'm also using stims.

We know it can be frustrating when changes are made to statistical values that have become accepted and expected, and we thank you for your help and patience as we further diagnose this issue!

Answers above.

Edited by dcgregorya

The healers themselves got boosted. Rare is the game I don't break 600k in healing. If they were any more powerful then stacking healers would be unbreakable. Healing isn't the problem tbh, the pace of the game is just messed up now. I'm not even sure how they can fix it because a blanket buff to HP or damage reduction would just make healers even more powerful.

They could implement diminishing returns on power?

That would affect both dps and heals equally, and tone it down across the board.

I think healers are a bit... too strong in pvp right now.

I agree. Any team with three competent healers is pretty much impenetrable right now in Regz. Even moreso if they have a Tank to swap guard and taunt.

It's very difficult to make a definitive statement about TTK right now. I've only played 55 Regz for 2 days. Lowbies are a nekkid farce at this point so I sincerely hope nobody is making any TTK conclusions based on their gameplay in those.

The only two things I saw that seemed out of whack in 55 Regz was triad healing and Smash damage. Smash's aoe auto-crit is just easily outpacing any other DPS spec and their output at this point.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Healing is in a VERY good place right now. Adding more to the cap that expertise gives it would not make commando any better compared to Sage/Scoundrel as they would benefit to and that would be catastrophic. There probably could be a little balancing done within healers, but adding expertise benefit would not accomplish that.

Agreed. If they want to adjust TTK they should increase raw HP, so damage can still cancel DR on similar EXP players...

TBH I think healing needs a slight nerf though...:o I would add a few percent to trauma debuff...:o

Edited by L-RANDLE

Part of the 9k hit problem is also the spikes people get with the new +400 power relics. This was a terrible idea and will create these spikes, especially when both of them proc for +800 power.

This issue will just get worse as people start getting geared with more of the stupid proc relics, and start actually paying attention to their procs. We will see Mauls over 10k, Smashes are already over 10k so they'll be 12-13k, HSMissiles, Dispatches... all this is gonna be hitting over 9k easily.

Remove the proc relics in PVP! Flat power stat, flat bonus, no spikes.

Part of the 9k hit problem is also the spikes people get with the new +400 power relics. This was a terrible idea and will create these spikes, especially when both of them proc for +800 power.

This issue will just get worse as people start getting geared with more of the stupid proc relics, and start actually paying attention to their procs. We will see Mauls over 10k, Smashes are already over 10k so they'll be 12-13k, HSMissiles, Dispatches... all this is gonna be hitting over 9k easily.

Remove the proc relics in PVP! Flat power stat, flat bonus, no spikes.

Do you mean the ~+400 damage add on proc? I have not seen a +400 power proc relic, and it would only a 80HP on any attack if there were..

Edited by L-RANDLE

I agree. Any team with three competent healers is pretty much impenetrable right now in Regz. Even moreso if they have a Tank to swap guard and taunt.

It's very difficult to make a definitive statement about TTK right now. I've only played 55 Regz for 2 days. Lowbies are a nekkid farce at this point so I sincerely hope nobody is making any TTK conclusions based on their gameplay in those.

The only two things I saw that seemed out of whack in 55 Regz was triad healing and Smash damage. Smash's aoe auto-crit is just easily outpacing any other DPS spec and their output at this point.

Dinged up to 55 and my comments and previous post remain the same about the lower bracket. Not sure if bolster is working differently in the 55 bracket. TTK STILL SEEMS LOW for most classes in 55 but I have found well guarded healers quite difficult to take down.

Do you mean the ~+400 damage add on proc? I have not seen a +400 power proc relic, and it would only a 80HP on any attack if there were..

I'm talking about the new pvp relics, I'm not able to play now so I can't look them up. They add a bunch of expertise, medium endurance, low power and a proc for +400 power for 6 seconds every 20 seconds. Two of these can be used of different tiers, perhaps even same tiers now, and they can proc from +400 to +800 power for 6 seconds.

That's a huge boost and will create huge spikes. Let's look at the new level 55 Overkill Augments -- they add 20 end and 32 power. 14 item slots times 32 pwr is 448 power.

So when both of these proc, it's like having almost two full additional sets of lvl 55 overkill augments. Actually to be correct it's an extra 25 out of 28 purple 55 augments. A bit overkill, huh? ;)

Edited by Monterone

I'm talking about the new pvp relics, I'm not able to play now so I can't look them up. They add a bunch of expertise, medium endurance, low power and a proc for +400 power for 6 seconds every 20 seconds. Two of these can be used of different tiers, perhaps even same tiers now, and they can proc from +400 to +800 power for 6 seconds.

That's a huge boost and will create huge spikes. Let's look at the new level 55 Overkill Augments -- they add 20 end and 32 power. 14 item slots times 32 pwr is 448 power.

So when both of these proc, it's like having almost two full additional sets of lvl 55 overkill augments. Actually to be correct it's an extra 25 out of 28 purple 55 augments. A bit overkill, huh? ;)

It's interesting because I thought they previously changed relics so they would NOT give such a spikey boost. Were they not clickable before? Allowing you to use them to add lots of power every now and then. Could be confusing them with the old PvP adrenals.

It's interesting because I thought they previously changed relics so they would NOT give such a spikey boost. Were they not clickable before? Allowing you to use them to add lots of power every now and then. Could be confusing them with the old PvP adrenals.

Yeah, and that was dumb too and we abused it in warzones so they removed it. Now they made the same mistake, only you can't click the relic, it auto procs on damage once every 20 seconds.

And if they make them where they don't stack together, you still get one whole set of power augments for 6 seconds every 20. And then you have to take a second relic you don't even want, which is again a bad choice.

Edit: I'm home now, I'll check out the name of the relic I was talking about.

Edited by Monterone

Anyone else find it ridiculous that Bioware needs to rely on a 10000 foot view via stat collection to determine something thats painfully obvious?

30%+ increase in damage via bolster and stat creep + new damaging abilities from 5 extra skill points > 20% increase in health pools.

Play your own game once in a while, developers!

(To be fair I suspect TTK may be balanced around fully geared level 55 pvp, in which case adjustments in lowbie bolster could be made and hotfixed within a day)