The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

Maybe you can ask them why they ignored all of this feedback from PTS weeks and weeks ago??

This felt like the orignial beta. Thanks for your input, we're going to literally ignore it all.

par for the course for the life of the game apparently.

bioware knows best :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an exciting day for me. Makeb launches. Train wreck on the forums. Then power out in my office building. Thank you APC and laptop battery for allowing me to enjoy the chaos. Is it wrong that I get a thrill out of days like these?

I do to :) Makes the work day interesting.

They do, in which case you are correct. But do we really all want to PvP naked?

Lol. I like my clothes :(

so just buy the orange shells of whatever you want to wear, but leave them empty = naked bolster (i assume?)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Amazing. I can see the devs listened to every word of feedback on the PTS. :confused: Seriously, what the hell, this has been a known issue for months, and as others have said it was directly stated it would be fixed while the PTS was still up, what have your PvP and combat teams been doing for the last few weeks, enjoying naked PvP?

Now I'm lucky if I live long enough to get 3 attacks off against a 38 sorc.

What happened?

From what I read this release is one step further towards WOW crap pvp, I have now read a dusin you get 2 shotted, (one step beyond WoW's oneshot)

That is simply tragic. Another thing I react on is to have the pvp bracket from 10-29, 30 - 54, and 55

instead of 10-49, 50 - 54 and 55 in its own.

When it comes to bolster something had to be done, but when you fight better naked contra having decent gear it becomes so stupid it is not worth any comment, since you get punished to wear gear.

I will not play pvp until the 2 shotcrap and bolster crap are fixed, I will not spoonfeed or get farmerd by a naked avatar with kills.

SWTOR have nothing to gain moving towards WoW, the reason we all played pvp in SWTOR is that gap and one versus one shall not pay off in group pvp, and of course miles away from the oneshot-systems similar to WoW regarding pvp.

Someone in the Bioware project have obviously not been awake as a customer I will urge this project-leader to wake up!

Chrysanthe

Edited by Chrysanthe

Why I should expect some common sense in this day and age is beyond me, but here goes my attempt at explaining why there is LITTLE-TO-NO ISSUE with current bolster. More than 50% of players complaining are WH/EWH BiS etc. THIS GEAR NO LONGER EXISTS! It is worse than obsolete, therefore pvping naked is going to be better than wearing gear that doesn't exist. Now, if you want to run around naked in warzones that's fine by me, but I prefer the look of armor and will thoroughly enjoy stabbing/slashing/blasting my naked enemies! I grind gear for appearance not stats. If you were expecting to have better/equal stats with gear that doesn't exist it's a sad day for you. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE COMPETITIVE AGAIN AS A 50 IS REMOVE ALL YOUR MODS ETC. Under 50 players might still have a slight advantage BUT 50s have all of their skills to use against them. With the new bolster system (lessening the advantage of stats provided by higher gear), this could be some of the most balanced pvp for SWTOR ever!

Why I should expect some common sense in this day and age is beyond me, but here goes my attempt at explaining why there is LITTLE-TO-NO ISSUE with current bolster. More than 50% of players complaining are WH/EWH BiS etc. THIS GEAR NO LONGER EXISTS! It is worse than obsolete, therefore pvping naked is going to be better than wearing gear that doesn't exist. Now, if you want to run around naked in warzones that's fine by me, but I prefer the look of armor and will thoroughly enjoy stabbing/slashing/blasting my naked enemies! I grind gear for appearance not stats. If you were expecting to have better/equal stats with gear that doesn't exist it's a sad day for you. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE COMPETITIVE AGAIN AS A 50 IS REMOVE ALL YOUR MODS ETC. Under 50 players might still have a slight advantage BUT 50s have all of their skills to use against them. With the new bolster system (lessening the advantage of stats provided by higher gear), this could be some of the most balanced pvp for SWTOR ever!

That doesn't make any sense at all. It has the same expertise rating, and people worked for it, people who are naked shouldn't be able to beat anyone other than other naked people.

Yea, this makes no sense. The gear still exists it's just you can't buy it anymore. There is no valid reason why going naked should be netter than WH/EWH and this is not how they explained how bolster would work.

Edited by JustinxDuff

Nice idea but you won't ever be able to hit a level 40 as hard as they can hit you. They also have more HP. Doesn't matter either way because you're going to be 2 and 3 shot.

...have fun.

That doesn't make any sense at all. It has the same expertise rating, and people worked for it, people who are naked shouldn't be able to beat anyone other than other naked people.

I feel your pain about grinding for the best gear in game (hell I still remember Battlemaster Bags) but the fact remains that the only way to balance pvp is to lessen the stats that higher level gear provides. This is exactly what the new bolster is doing.

Yea, this makes no sense. The gear still exists it's just you can't buy it anymore. There is no valid reason why going naked should be netter than WH/EWH and this is not how they explained how bolster would work.

What happened to WH/EWH wasn't explained properly enough by BW, I agree. It's not just that you can't buy it anymore, the new bolster system doesn't calculate the gear correctly. Therefore it puts you at a disadvantage by wearing it fully modded.

I think it is because they bolster up to the NEW recruit level, which is 55 level gear (even at low levels). But because the EWH players already have gear better than the bolster get shafted, because their gear is already at that level.

keep waiting to see a video of somebody pvping with the new system .. Naked of course... Would do it myself if I had the time.

Just recorded a naked warzone (with before and after stats at the start).

It... ain't pretty, I've been playing my operative recently, so I'm a little rusty on my commando. But it gives an idea.

Encoding now, I'll post a link when I have it.

Edit:

Edited by Jherad

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Please.

10-54 -old Bolster, but just remove any expertise from all gear old 50x

55 level - no Bolster

55 ranked - no Bolster

I did a warzone this morning on my Level 45 sage. I have the usual leveling gear - a mix of blues and oranges that I put blue planetary mods in. Only one pair of purple boots I got back at level 25 or so from a world boss but in all nothing special. I have no expertise at all except for the pvp weapon I bought from the vendor, and that's only because it has an enhancement with 17 expertise on it (or something small like that).

In the warzone, I had over 1800 expertise (1834 or so, I'm at work now but can't remember the exact number). I did not try equipping a different weapon to see if it was the one sole enhancement getting bolstered or not (will try that when I get home). But I can definitely confirm that at level 45 I had a ton of expertise.

I also had the highest health on my team, at 24950. there was a 3-man premade of 50's all in the 22k's, but I didn't inspect to see if they were wearing war hero gear or not. I assumed they were.

I didn't notice any of my other stats like crit, surge, etc. and didn't go naked to compare. Had to leave the house. Will try later, if it's not hotfixed by then

Nice idea but you won't ever be able to hit a level 40 as hard as they can hit you. They also have more HP. Doesn't matter either way because you're going to be 2 and 3 shot.

...have fun.

From my understanding, level 50s can lessen this gap by buying gear with Planetary Comms. I believe we can't get any PVP specific gear until Lvl 55.

Just recorded a naked warzone (with before and after stats at the start).

It... ain't pretty, I've been playing my operative recently, so I'm a little rusty on my commando. But it gives an idea.

Encoding now, I'll post a link when I have it.

Good man. Now we can cast aside all the doubt that people may have had and get to the solution.. besides people can see how chaotic pvp really is now.. This Bolster system didn't make it easier for anyone..well yea it did, but it takes like 2 buttons and your target is dead, and the same goes for you most of the time depending on the class. IF you are stunned forget about it.

I feel your pain about grinding for the best gear in game (hell I still remember Battlemaster Bags) but the fact remains that the only way to balance pvp is to lessen the stats that higher level gear provides. This is exactly what the new bolster is doing.

Yes, if by "lessen" you mean that lvl 50 pvp gear gives "negative" stats now so you are off better naked, you are right.

If by "lessen", however, you mean that it will simply close an otherwise huge potential gear gap and makes pvp balanced without completly ignoring item progression, then NO, this not what the current bolster systems seems to do.