2.0 Guide: Guardian DPS for PvE Raiding

Mattmonkey

I'm currently min/maxing my Guardian (vigilance spec) and I was wondering about accuracy.

I currently have 502 accuracy (99.82% melee, 109.82% force) and I was wondering if I'm really missing out by being .18% short off 100%. Should I sacrifice a Might Augment for an Accuracy Augment JUST for that extra .18% or do you think I'll be fine in an OPS?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently min/maxing my Guardian (vigilance spec) and I was wondering about accuracy.

I currently have 502 accuracy (99.82% melee, 109.82% force) and I was wondering if I'm really missing out by being .18% short off 100%. Should I sacrifice a Might Augment for an Accuracy Augment JUST for that extra .18% or do you think I'll be fine in an OPS?

No. You're just fine being under. You won't notice much of a hit being around 99.5+

502 Accuracy should put you way over 100%. Do you not have the 1% accuracy buff from companion affection? If not, then I would remedy that immediately, as you are allotting way too many tertiary points into Accuracy.

is sustaining 2000 Dps throughout SNV good enough to complete HM or what is the number to shoot for this would include down time.

Assuming the rest of the DPS is good, this should be sufficient. I've run through some alt runs on toons where I was pulling much less and we were still clearing with no issue.

Edited by ssfish

502 Accuracy should put you way over 100%. Do you not have the 1% accuracy buff from companion affection? If not, then I would remedy that immediately, as you are allotting way too many tertiary points into Accuracy.

Assuming the rest of the DPS is good, this should be sufficient. I've run through some alt runs on toons where I was pulling much less and we were still clearing with no issue.

Actually, I had no idea that there was an accuracy buff from companion affection. I guess I need to look into fixing that.

I seriously hate it. Keep doing exactly the same thing, get different results every time ranging from 2.5k - 2.8k

Similar can be seen in the top parses thread. Those with few fights in their combat log have like 2.6k, 2.7k and maybe a bit more around this and then suddenly there is over 2.9k, near 3k.

Wish i had the bloody marauder set bonus.

Does the guide ever explain the priority?! Overhead and Plasma brand love to conflict one another. Also if i have two stacks of Force Rush and Blade Storm and Overhead are possible - which first? Does PB take priority over OS?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am get better now with the addition of a 72 off hand I now have. 3 pieces of 72 gear along with a 72 hilt am able to sustain 2500 over 10+ minutes. generally drops to 2488 or so by the time I hit stop. for the first 3 minutes or so im hitting as high. as 2680 so im very pleased.Also have been able to sustain 2200 on almost every boss fight. so future is looking good for me.

Okay. Been analyzing parses and talked to the guardian friend.... He has far inferior stats than me but his abilities appear to be hitting harder than mine (without relic buffs/adrenals!!!) :/

Weird as heck. Guys. Tell me. How much should a blade storm hit ship dummy for, with it's 100% chance to crit, 1000 bonus damage, 71% surge? I find a big inconsistency in my attacks v attacks of my friend in the same situation, same target, no adrenals/relic buffs but my gear is superior. Difference is in around 500 points of damage and this also applies to other abilities, like overhead.

Enough for me to make a ticket and believe that my character is somewhat bugged.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Okay. Been analyzing parses and talked to the guardian friend.... He has far inferior stats than me but his abilities appear to be hitting harder than mine (without relic buffs/adrenals!!!) :/

Weird as heck. Guys. Tell me. How much should a blade storm hit ship dummy for, with it's 100% chance to crit, 1000 bonus damage, 71% surge? I find a big inconsistency in my attacks v attacks of my friend in the same situation, same target, no adrenals/relic buffs but my gear is superior. Difference is in around 500 points of damage and this also applies to other abilities, like overhead.

Enough for me to make a ticket and believe that my character is somewhat bugged.

Can you link the two parses?

Does the guide ever explain the priority?! Overhead and Plasma brand love to conflict one another. Also if i have two stacks of Force Rush and Blade Storm and Overhead are possible - which first? Does PB take priority over OS?

None, when you got 2 stacks, always wait for blade storm back; or you waste stacks

None, when you got 2 stacks, always wait for blade storm back; or you waste stacks

You're telling me not to use PB or OS when I have 2 stacks and BS is still on cooldown? You think this would actually improve dps? btw say I have no stacks and I am in the middle of the fight. In the opener it's always Plasma Brand first but what should I do in the middle of the fight if I have PB and OS available at the same time?

I'll try your suggestion with waiting and see if I can beat this:

http://www.torparse.com/a/373583

- 2925 dps over 4.30 minutes, no 8% MS set bonus, lacking nearly 200 Force Power cuz of g 69 off-hand armoring. I regularly get 2.8k+ on a dummy.

Oh yeah, what's the story with relics now? Did I waste over a million by buying clicky underworld power?

And here's a pro-tip on getting more APM : Interrupt Master Strike =] third tick hits before channeling is finished.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I've tested the 550 proc relic + force damage proc every 4.5 sec and no, it's not better. The force damage did only 12k damages over 6min. I used it insted of my +120pvp power. I lost 23 primary damages and 30 bonus forces damages.

So during 6 min 23 primary and 30 force is a way higher than 12k damages , i think !!!

EDIT:

Hmmmm im not sure if that i said before is true... i made some test on Operation dummy and im a bit lower than with my +120 power relic, but i did my test with the first pvp relic doing force damges every 4.5 sec.

There is my log :

http://www.torparse.com/a/373775/time/1375893472/1375893780/0/Damage+Dealt

The relic's damages name is " Pointe obscure" for non french speakers. You can see thats it's doing only 12k over 5min but there is a regular DPS, so i think that it helps to sustain our dps over the time.

I'll made more test to see what heppens !

Edited by uriaces

You're telling me not to use PB or OS when I have 2 stacks and BS is still on cooldown? You think this would actually improve dps? btw say I have no stacks and I am in the middle of the fight. In the opener it's always Plasma Brand first but what should I do in the middle of the fight if I have PB and OS available at the same time?

I'll try your suggestion with waiting and see if I can beat this:

http://www.torparse.com/a/373583

- 2925 dps over 4.30 minutes, no 8% MS set bonus, lacking nearly 200 Force Power cuz of g 69 off-hand armoring. I regularly get 2.8k+ on a dummy.

Oh yeah, what's the story with relics now? Did I waste over a million by buying clicky underworld power?

And here's a pro-tip on getting more APM : Interrupt Master Strike =] third tick hits before channeling is finished.

We want the Kinetic Tempest relic because we have an armor debuff. Every other force dps class would take the dark radiance.

I made some tries with Dar radiance and it's great for me. My new record is with this relic :

http://www.torparse.com/a/376429/time/1376047082/1376047384/0/Damage+Dealt

It is the pvp one not the pve. But i need to test the kinetic damages one to compare. You can see that this relic made few damages over the combat , but those damages are regular so this relic can help to sustain the dps.

I think that its a good relic for a long boss, a boss who need a good dps over the time.

So i think that you can have two combinaisons of relic:

1) 550 power proc + dark radiance or kinetic for long boss

2) 550 power proc + clicky relic to make burst.

It's my opinion !

We want the Kinetic Tempest relic because we have an armor debuff. Every other force dps class would take the dark radiance.

This is only true for focus spec, which has armor pen in tree.

Also, kinetic and internal work off of tech crit. Energy and elemental are force crit.

So vigi wants elemental and focus wants energy.

Also, kinetic and internal work off of tech crit. Energy and elemental are force crit.

So what is it then? We're dropping Boundless Ages for the sake of Elemental Transcedence?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

So what is it then? We're dropping Boundless Ages for the sake of Cerulean Nova?

I've not done the math, but I've seen some testing that showed power proc> damage proc > power onn use.

However, the on use relic is hard to calculate. You'll generally use it with other cool downs (not really a point in favor onguardian) or when a sent pops inspiration, or in phases of a fight where burst is needed. There really aren't too many fights with explicit burn phases though.

Also, as vengeance, elemental proc will be better than cerulean nova, but it's like a 5% difference of the proc damage or something, lol.

Also, as vengeance, elemental proc will be better than cerulean nova, but it's like a 5% difference of the proc damage or something, lol.

I've corrected myself, I meant Elemental Transcendence (elemental). I will definitely farm elites later once I am done with my work. Too bad I spent 400 on companion gear :p

This is what you can get over 5 minutes with Boundless Ages.

http://www.torparse.com/a/376436/time/1376092021/1376092327/0/Overview

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Straight from the tooltip on AMR: Kinetic Tempest has a 30% chance to deal X additional kinetic FORCE damage.

Cerulean Nova is energy TECH damage, Elemental Trancendance is elemental FORCE damage, and Dark Radiance is internal FORCE damage.

I'm confused as to why there are 3 Force relics and only 1 tech relic.

EDIT:

Hmmmm im not sure if that i said before is true... i made some test on Operation dummy and im a bit lower than with my +120 power relic, but i did my test with the first pvp relic doing force damges every 4.5 sec.

I've tried with the "flat" 113 power relic and I've reached 2915 without adrenal. Maybe this could help a bit doing the math :confused:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.