ToFN DPS Leaderboard 2.0

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which really makes me think that lordgorzul's parse was a valid one. possibly extremely lucky, but valid.

I am not talking about the amount of crits. Yeh, he was really lucky on crits but that's another story. The crit hits on Merciless Slash are to high in the gear he has. That's what we tested yesterday. He has less surge and power than me, but is critical hitting for more than 8k all the time up to 8640.

He was using the same gear yesterday and he never came above 7.3k again. That's why something is messed up with the parse he uploaded and he agreed on that when I talked to him yesterday.

It really feels bad to say it, but, I gotta say that well done tman for checking up on that and I hope you guys can cotinue to stay good friends even thought this little missunderstand occured. Regardless, me and I guess a few of the random lurkers over here awaits another awesome parse from LordGorzul with adrenals and stuff, you can do great stuff!

Hello all, well as Tman said we got together and he asked me to use my abilities on the dummy and upload my parse for him to do his thing as I waited patiently. Tman clearly understands the theory, numbers and math far better than I do, and if according to his calculations there was a crit bug on behalf of some merciless slash hits, I can't argue with that as the intricate details of the math go way above my head, but I trust his opinion.

I am not talking about the amount of crits. Yeh, he was really lucky on crits but that's another story. The crit hits on Merciless Slash are to high in the gear he has. That's what we tested yesterday. He has less surge and power than me, but is critical hitting for more than 8k all the time up to 8640.

He was using the same gear yesterday and he never came above 7.3k again. That's why something is messed up with the parse he uploaded and he agreed on that when I talked to him yesterday.

im talking about luck on crit damage. having the right **** proccing at the right time while the ability does max damage can explain it. and him only doing max 7.3k yesterday could just be bad luck.

do you use power proc relic btw ? cant find anything pink in your log that lasts for 6s. and cant you make the parses in english? makes it much easier.

16:53:23.517 Tman's Gnadenloser Hieb hits Operationen-Trainingsdummy for 5460 Energie damage, causing 5460 threat.

if that'd crit it wouldve done 5460*1.68= 9.2k (assuming you have 68% surge)

this was with adrenal and power clicky relic. (i presume that because of Angriffskraftschub. lasing 30s)

him reaching 8.6 with only power proc seems quite feasable then.

beside's that

both on power surge.

16:05:49.671 Lordgorzul's Merciless Slash hits Operations Training Dummy for 4415 energy damage, causing 4415 threat.

but riylo has a power boost aswell (power clicky relic)

10:21:21.211 Riylo's Merciless Slash hits Operations Training Dummy for 4031 energy damage, causing 4031 threat.

400 damage difference on a normal hit. seems like lord just got quite some more power then this guy and this guy already nearly did an 8k crit.

which is why i'll say it again; him reaching over 8k on luck is quite possible.

he only did about 3 or so 8k+ crits in the beginning? which can be explained by the 15% dmg buff from mara's. then 2 barely 8k+ abit further in (on power surge) rest were 7-8k.

doesnt matter if he has less power then you. luck on parses can make all the difference.

Edited by nitria

which is why i'll say it again; him reaching over 8k on luck is quite possible.

Never said it's not possible. The example you gave about my non crit hit was with attack adrenal, power surge from relic and Inspiration. He is constantly hitting over 8k all the time with less power and less surge, which makes it (with an understanding about maths) impossible that he can hit for these numbers. I checked his gear yesterday.

Never said it's not possible. The example you gave about my non crit hit was with attack adrenal, power surge from relic and Inspiration. He is constantly hitting over 8k all the time with less power and less surge, which makes it (with an understanding about maths) impossible that he can hit for these numbers. I checked his gear yesterday.

''with an understanding about maths'' you cant say that it is impossible untill you have verified(calculated) it. which i assume you didnt 'cause you wouldnt have to have him parsing again if you did and you wouldnt get into these kind of arguments with people like me if you did(and showed it). :D

and it depends on the scaling of the ability with bonus damage. but one way or another it does make it less likely. and even though bugs do happen. i havent really seen (invisible)bugs that basicly increased damage. which is why im still really hesitant to call it a fake. and will keep calling it an incredible streak of luck(even though it keeps getting less likely) untill someone has some undeniable evidence of it being a bug. (either through calculating it, can be found on mmo-mechanics on how to do it. or bioware being like ''hey, we tried to fix something but we made it worse'')

the 2x power proc relic was a bug same as the energy regen for lethality from internal relic crit.(at 50) but that atleast showed up in the log. maybe the bug isnt fixed and it just doesnt show up in the log anymore. ^^ wouldnt surprise me with swtor coding >.>

Just a guess, but it would seem like a pretty basic solution for the Quanta/Tman -mystery: someone was hitting the same dummy as Quanta, and that happened to be a class that had armor reduction skills.

i think he knows that isnt allowed. but it is a possibility.

Edited by nitria

Update with 109% accu:

Lucky with procs also xD

wow, and i cant get myself over 2300... with lots of mistakes cuz im not used to it, just started. but ***

though, powertech or operative?

Edited by Aerilas

I started to gear up my alt sentinel, a bit away from BIS 72, but she does have 100.36% acc, 71 surge, 28 crit chance, and 1380 force bonus damage. I am looking at the accuracy rating sweetspot at the moment and I am finding some interesting results. I have a 12 minutes 2.7k parse in 36 8 2 and I am looking at my miss table.

Miss: 5.24%

Dodge: 3.23%

total: 8:47%

this is for an accuracy of 100.36%

Now I am looking at T-Man's log and Lordgorzul. Lets take the former first :

T-Man : Miss ->6.8% / Dodge : 1.39%, TOTAL: 8.19%/

now the latter: Lordgorzul: Miss: 5.48% / Dodge : 1.38% / Total: 7.87%.

Can you guys explain how I miss less than they do but the dummy dodges more? I doubt T-MAN has the amount of accuracy I have yet the total miss stats are in his favour. The same with Lord, he misses more than I do, but the dodge is just insane.

Edited by Leafy_Bug