Get the Tionese or wait?

DarthBama

I have a character that is just a few points away from 50. I know the conversion rate (6:1) for the Tionese comms, but don't know what that means equipment wise for 2.0. What exactly will you be able to buy with the converted 99 Tionese comms should I choose not to buy the gear pre-50?

Freshly new lvl 50? Just grab the tionese armor for the set bonuses, if you keep the coms you'll only get something around 16 classics coms, and knowing that one piece of campaign gear cost around 75-150 classics coms... well, you know what to do.

Also, unless something has changed, Tionese will be gone with 2.0. Some of the sets look nice.

Tionese will be gone, can't remember if they become craftable though. Someone said that they would but I have not played on PTS.

Get the Tionese, for the same reason everyone else is saying the conversion ratio is low. Plus side to it, Starter level 55 gear 156 rating will not have a set bonus. You can stuff the mods from the starter level 55 gear into your Tionese gear to keep the set bonus. Edited by XDrcaul

Get the free recruit gear from the PVP terminal.

Save your comms.

NO. This is bad advice IMO.

Get the recruit PvP gear AND GET the Tionese gear. You can even use the coms to get gear for companions if you like... but get Tionese before it's gone and the coms are severly deflated tomorrow.

I need to do some major level 50 maintenance tonight. I was told they no longer have the level 50 PvP gear, so I have to get that and then I have to get rid of some comms. I have hordes of them.

Reminder: Servers go down at 9:00PM Eastern for teh big patch.

Get the Tionese, for the same reason everyone else is saying the conversion ratio is low. Plus side to it, Starter level 55 gear 156 rating will not have a set bonus. You can stuff the mods from the starter level 55 gear into your Tionese gear to keep the set bonus.

Um, what? :confused: After the update, the Tionese set bonus (and all other set bonuses) will be on the armorings. Putting no-bonus level 55 gear in the Tionese shells will result in no bonus.

I also vote for get the Tionese -- for yourself or your favorite companion -- just make sure you get it done in time!

Um, what? :confused: After the update, the Tionese set bonus (and all other set bonuses) will be on the armorings. Putting no-bonus level 55 gear in the Tionese shells will result in no bonus.

I also vote for get the Tionese -- for yourself or your favorite companion -- just make sure you get it done in time!

I would look at this site first, of course they could have changed it since PTS but highly unlikely

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-commendations-system-in-patch-2-0/

Look for this sentence.

"Basic purple gear – Rating 156 with L66 mods (Level 55 starter gear, no set bonus, purchased with Basic Commendations"

I would look at this site first, of course they could have changed it since PTS but highly unlikely

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/22/swtor-commendations-system-in-patch-2-0/

Look for this sentence.

"Basic purple gear – Rating 156 with L66 mods (Level 55 starter gear, no set bonus, purchased with Basic Commendations"

That's not the part I was questioning, but this:

You can stuff the mods from the starter level 55 gear into your Tionese gear to keep the set bonus.

Unless you have gotten your level 55 gear before the maintenance tonight (???), you will NOT get any set bonus by putting the 55 mods into Tionese shells. (And if you paste them over top of the Tionese mods without extracting the old mods first, you'll lose the armorings with the set bonus attached to them!)

Get the Tionese, for the same reason everyone else is saying the conversion ratio is low. Plus side to it, Starter level 55 gear 156 rating will not have a set bonus. You can stuff the mods from the starter level 55 gear into your Tionese gear to keep the set bonus.

You can stuff the mod and enhancement in but not the armoring. A blank armoring will overwrite the set bonus on the shell and delete it.

Reminder: Servers go down at 9:00PM Eastern for teh big patch.

I'm confused now it says 1 a.m. GMT but 9 p.m eastern is 2 a.m. GMT so when is it exactly ? Also spend the 99 tionese and get your armor for you or your companions.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

DITTO! Get the Tionese and put the 63 Armor in BEFORE the outage. If you leave the armor in place the set bonus will be tied to the tionese armor. IF you get tricky and leave that armor slot EMPTY.. BW has a surprise gift for you of a fresh new Tionese Armor will be inserted for you. (IE: Nice Try, but it was worth a shot).

I ran across these two scenarios during my testing on PTS copies. Inserting on top of existing blows away set bonus and empty just gets filled. On the plus side it's a free sloted armor. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.