The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

increase the drop rate of cartel market certificates

Skiffs don't really match my characters either, except for one of my inquisitors, but they simply fit her character, her outfit, her whole personality as a former upper class slave-concubine (opposed to my other two inquisitors, who were both slaveworkers at some non descript mining station). But for some reason, the things do seem in demand.

Slave-Concubine?

What did she do to her former master after she became a member of the council? Or do I not want to know what happened to her/him?

Slave-Concubine?

What did she do to her former master after she became a member of the council? Or do I not want to know what happened to her/him?

Some Sith customer/client broke the no-torture rule of the establishment where she worked, and she accidentally fried him in self defense. That's how they discovered her force sensitivity, and found they had no other option than to send her to the academy. She was quite spoiled during her previous life, and because of that is still extremely snotty and greedy. Not dark sided, but just greedy and lazy. Takes the path of least resistance, most wealth, most luxury, and most pleasure. Which resulted in a pretty interresting storyline. :)

They should reduce the cost , 10 certificates is a little steep. Easier to just buy the masks and all but one mount and pet from the GTN.

FINALLY!!!! Breaking news... got a certificate. Since I had a large inventory of packs I got from the GTN under 200k each, I opened more as has my wife (she has a separate account). Between us, we opened up 40 packs,.... and I was the lucky one getting a certificate.

so, out of 40 packs... 1 certificate.

Based on that, you will need to open up 400 packs to get to 10... and still hope you have "legendary" status as well by that time.

Edited by Themanthatisi

No, still need legend reputation status XD

lol its that legend status thats keeping me away from Revan's mask D: already got the 10 certificates (dont ask how much money it cost me.....) im probly still another 80 bucks away from legend rank

FINALLY!!!! Breaking news... got a certificate. Since I had a large inventory of packs I got from the GTN under 200k each, I opened more as has my wife (she has a separate account). Between us, we opened up 40 packs,.... and I was the lucky one getting a certificate.

so, out of 40 packs... 1 certificate.

Based on that, you will need to open up 400 packs to get to 10... and still hope you have "legendary" status as well by that time.

for me the certificate ratio is about 1:4-5 atleast thats how it was for me. and i opened alot of packs. granted i do think that ratio is too low for how much money ive spent irl i do like the concept of an in game cartel rep store. and i hope they add more rare items to it as well. perhaps some rare color crystals or rare mounts. 2.1 will add alot of content so who knows.

So i was really lucky when i got 1 from my 1st pack?

I have not updated in here in a week.... Yes and no. As you read how poor I did on certificates in my earlier posts, some new news is here.... I found several packs on GTN for 150k each, so, I decided to open them (6 total) and got 2 more certificates and 3 more jawagrams. Now, if I could get 1 per every 3, that would be nice... but like I also mentioned earlier, anything that requires 10 certificates, also requires Legendary status with the Cartel.... probably just as daunting, as I am only a friend level with 7 total certificates since I started with them when the last packs came out, but when or if i ever get 10, I am pretty sure, i wont be able to use them because I will not be legendary yet.

The reward system is a nice idea, so i will not knock BW on doing it....but until the last 6 I opened, the recent drop rate was horrible!

Edited by Themanthatisi

• 4 years later...
must keep thread alive and hope that bioware notices it and makes the changes to the rarity rating of those stinking certificates......its not that im paranoid that they wont notice i just want to make a 100% sure that they notice..:D

worst thing is they don't care about what we think unless we spend a **** ton of money to them i wish they would at least make the percentage to like 3-10% per roll of the pack and at max 3-4% chance for the machines for those who don't wanna end up with like 50 copies of 1 armor set and apparently these certificates are less then 1% i've gotten 4 from them slot machines but apart from that nope and i rolled it like 5000 times to get these 4 all because the old packs are being sold at prices i can't afford but on the up side at least i got my rep to max on the resale but now i just want the god damn certificates but they wont change it if anything they will make them even rarer to get then they are now