Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you thought Recruit Geared players were BAD, wait till you see level 30's in 30-54

DkSharktooth

If you thought Recruit Geared players were BAD, wait till you see level 30's in 30-54

Oh man will this be amazing.

On the bright side....bolster will give stats.

On the downside....half their abilitys are not yet available.

Edited by DkSharktooth

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man will this be amazing.

The bolster will help out a bit but, yeah it's probably gonna be a freakin bloodbath

It is going to be really bad for level 30 warriors/knights.

On a positive note, they might re-roll right there, which could result in less of them at 55 :) Would be so funny if everyone rolled sorc all of a sudden, one of the classes that actually can be viable at 30 and against higher levels.

All my leveling between 50-54 will take place in warzones. I'm going to take full advantage of that crap.

Edited by MidichIorian

Meh. Lowbies don't matter, and it's better than the alternatives long-term. Better than 10-54 queue, better than lumping 50 to 54 in with 55s, better than a separate 50 to 54 bracket. Not a big deal.

Meh. Lowbies don't matter, and it's better than the alternatives long-term. Better than 10-54 queue, better than lumping 50 to 54 in with 55s, better than a separate 50 to 54 bracket. Not a big deal.

I disagree. 50s havd gear. They can withstand being lumped with 55s a lot better tha a 30 will do against someone with 1000-2000 expertise. Looks to me like the 30s will just get two shotted by everybody. New PVP-centered players are just going to quit the game at 30. Not all of them will, but the dropout rate will definitely go up. I think Bioware is guessing that they will go out and level through PVE instead. Some will, but for players with a true PVP focus, they will just get pissed at the glaring oversight in design and quit the game for good.

People who can get over 1000 expertise should have their own bracket. SMH.

If you don't buy the expansion do you stay at level 50?

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco

Everyone will download the assets for Game Update 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel following our maintenance on Tuesday April 9th.

To your second question, part of Rise of the Hutt Cartel is advancing your characters beyond level 50 to level 55. If you do not purchase the digital expansion your character will remain at level 50.

-eric

edit. sorry could do the quote thing on the post from ericmusco

Edited by ErosGyne

I disagree. 50s havd gear. They can withstand being lumped with 55s a lot better tha a 30 will do against someone with 1000-2000 expertise. Looks to me like the 30s will just get two shotted by everybody. New PVP-centered players are just going to quit the game at 30. Not all of them will, but the dropout rate will definitely go up. I think Bioware is guessing that they will go out and level through PVE instead. Some will, but for players with a true PVP focus, they will just get pissed at the glaring oversight in design and quit the game for good.

sounds like you know all about how Bolster is going to work in 2.0.............. :rolleyes:

I don't care about it from a 50s perspective. I care about it from a 55 perspective. Max levels being randomly grouped with those lower to them is dumb. We tried this. It was dumb.

Further, educate yourself using the handy dev blogs they post.

So what's the difference between a 30 getting stomped by 50s and a 10 getting stomped by 49s?

Besides, it will only be bad till the PvP elites will get to 55. So for the first 2 weeks or so, sub-55 PvP will be nightmare, but it will balance out.

I don't care about it from a 50s perspective. I care about it from a 55 perspective. Max levels being randomly grouped with those lower to them is dumb. We tried this. It was dumb.

Further, educate yourself using the handy dev blogs they post.

you guys missed the point the bracket is 30-54 and 55 has it's own bracket so at 55 you will only go against level 55 people.

So what's the difference between a 30 getting stomped by 50s and a 10 getting stomped by 49s?

Besides, it will only be bad till the PvP elites will get to 55. So for the first 2 weeks or so, sub-55 PvP will be nightmare, but it will balance out.

The main difference is a lot of level 50's will have full war hero gear and rape the low levels who will only have a recruit level expertise from the new bolster the outcome is the same while as it is right now those level 49's only have better stats and more moves.

sounds like you know all about how Bolster is going to work in 2.0.............. :rolleyes:

You're right I forgot in 2.0 bolster will alter player skill to my level even if you are only level 30 and been playing for a couple days.:rolleyes:

You're right I forgot in 2.0 bolster will alter player skill to my level even if you are only level 30 and been playing for a couple days.:rolleyes:

if someone has more skill than you, they will beat you whether theyre level 50, 55, or 15. Bolster is going to put everyone on the same stat level. so are you whining about gear disparity (which will be non-existent in lowbies) or skill gaps?

if youre crying about skill gaps, i really dont know what to say. work on improving your skills rather than crying about someone beating you? :rolleyes:

And posteriorly, prenatal preemies posting about powerful premade players.

You don't think premades are going to be a huge issue? Having 4 level 50's with all of their abilities going up against 30ish players is not going to be good. You can stack the deck simply by grouping with other level 50 pluses.

They posted an article on it a few days ago. I read it. Doesn't seem to help when the gap is this huge though. Some clever players will have 82 expertise at level 35. Some will have ~16 at level 34. Even under the best circunstances, a 30 won't be walking around with any expertise, and even with bolster, the 34s and 35s will get rolfstomped. If bolster negates expertise in 2.0, then there is no reason to PVP. The article BW posted indicates the opposite.

If you can ppst me a video of a 30 stomping through soe PVP-gecar ome 2.0, I will eat my damn key fob.

At level 50 we stop bolstering characters

Guessing everyone overlooked this part in the latest article.

Higher leveled people will still have the advantage as they always have, but with the new bolster in place I think we'll be relatively fine. Stop fretting over something that hasn't even happened yet. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.