New MVP Idea

Izariel

I have heard people complain about the current MVP system constantly. It is little more than a popularity contest now with only nominal rewards. Instead, why dont we make it mean something?

Automatically assign a single MVP at the end of each battle based on who performed the best in a certain role.

1. Most damage

2. Most healing

3. Most defense

4. Most objectives

Give each of these 4 MVP's an extra 50 commendations and a extra valor (im not sure how much, a good amount, but not too much). This way people cannot game the system by getting their friends to vote for them. Its automatic. It rewards 4 different styles of play evenly and helps everyone. It gives people something to strive for while making it worth their while to do so.

Additionally- make a new daily which requires you to get 3 of the 4 mvp's in one day. If you do so you get 150 commendations and valor. Just a thought.

They should just remove MVP votes...Boom problem solved.

Yeah, agree with this.

To the OP: we don't have defense medals. Are you talking about protection medals? Defender medals would count in the objective category that ou have.. It's why I ask.

That being said, how am I, as a healer, supposed to get top damage or top protection to accomplish that daily you suggest?

Yeah, agree with this.

To the OP: we don't have defense medals. Are you talking about protection medals? Defender medals would count in the objective category that ou have.. It's why I ask.

That being said, how am I, as a healer, supposed to get top damage or top protection to accomplish that daily you suggest?

Yeah you shouldn't have to respec rolls after so many warzones just to accomplish a daily.

I like the MVP votes. Not because I get a lot of them (I don't), but because they can be an effective way of telling other players, "Keep doing what you're doing in PvP, it works." And since I almost always PUG, they're not a popularity contest for me. I give them to whoever I genuinely think contributed the most. (It is a nice feeling when I do get one, as it indicates to me that I'm improving as a player.)

This would screw the person who is second in several categories and favor the person who does nothing but go for the top and forgos objectives.

Just get rid of the damned MVP votes all together.

^ This. Someone doing key things at key times can make a game-winning difference and not top any category.

The system is so petty I don't care if it's kept or canned; but as far as changes go canning makes more sense than modifying.

Leave MVP votes the way they are. It's not a big deal if you don't get your 3 extra comms at the end of the match. MVP votes aren't a big deal and it should stay that way. It's just a neat little feature that let's you say thanks to the tank that guarded you or whatever.

We do need a new daily/weekly but that ain't it. The way you suggested most Commandos are exempt from that daily. Unless I'm the only dedicated healer there is almost no way I'll out heal a Sage who bubbles everyone and has the Golden Ring of OP Healing (I kid, I kid). While I do go DPS from time to time I can only take so much of that before I remember I have a VG that's much better at it. And honestly having a Commando be your solo guard so I can get my defense medals is risky at best and completely stupid at it's worst.

Basically what I'm saying is not every class was designed to top the charts. Trying to force people to play the class against the way it was designed isn't going to work.

I have heard people complain about the current MVP system constantly. It is little more than a popularity contest now with only nominal rewards. Instead, why dont we make it mean something?

Automatically assign a single MVP at the end of each battle based on who performed the best in a certain role.

1. Most damage

2. Most healing

3. Most defense

4. Most objectives

These already exist. Its called "Medals"

You see there are medals to reward people for having high scores in all 4 of those categories.

MVP system works how it is, players choices are their own, if they choose to vote fairly than great, if they choose to vote their friends that is also great.

Fix the players not the system.

This would make mvps medals. Mvps are simply a great way to say good job in a way computer may not be able to say it. Some people want to say good job to the people who did the top damage or top healing or something, but many people don't.

Tbh, nothing warms my heart more than getting a mvp after a succesful ninja cap or something like that. Not a victory, not top damage, not top kills. That little regonition from another real person when I more or less know why I got it and it's something and doesn't show in the end stats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.