HELLOooOoOO? Quality Control...anybody home?!

Machine-Elf

Hm.

Funny. I don't think I've ever played a game where I didn't feel the need to customize a UI. Except for this game, of course.

Is that right? Did you feel the need to customize KOTOR's or Mass Effect's UI? Or, in the context of MMOs, Guild Wars II's, or Secret World's? I surely haven't.

Until recently, I didn't bother touching my UI and I had absolutely no problems with it.

You mean to say you played the whole time with a single quick bar? Because, you know, once you're required to use more than one, the game's default extended quickbar mode looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/3zT3Eku.jpg

You're telling me you didn't feel the need to tinker with this layout?

Edited by Machine-Elf

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that right? Did you feel the need to customize KOTOR's or Mass Effect's UI? Or, in the context of MMOs, Guild Wars II's, or Secret World's? I surely haven't.

Actually, I HIGHLY disliked the UI in KOTOR. And Mass Effect as well. I WISH I had the ability to customize it like in SWTOR.

Haven't played TSW -- but I hate GW2s UI as well. I've NEVER played an MMO where I didn't feel the need to customize my UI. Except, of course, SWTOR. I've only changed it now, because I'm using a 12+-key mouse.

You mean to say you played the whole time with a single quick bar? Because, you know, once you're required to use more than one, the game's default extended quickbar mode looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/3zT3Eku.jpg

You're telling me you didn't feel the need to tinker with this layout?

You know, that is only ONE of the default quickbar modes. And not the one I used. I also NEVER have my companion bar up, because I feel no need to.

Why don't you tell me this -- did you really have no problems with WoWs UI? Since you've apparently never felt the need to customize a UI until now.

Edited by Kilora

Actually, I HIGHLY disliked the UI in KOTOR. And Mass Effect as well. I WISH I had the ability to customize it like in SWTOR.

Haven't played TSW -- but I hate GW2s UI as well. I've NEVER played an MMO where I didn't feel the need to customize my UI. Except, of course, SWTOR. I've only changed it now, because I'm using a 12+-key mouse.

You know, that is only ONE of the default quickbar modes. And not the one I used. I also NEVER have my companion bar up, because I feel no need to.

Why don't you tell me this -- did you really have no problems with WoWs UI? Since you've apparently never felt the need to customize a UI until now.

I never played WoW until recently, and I only did so in order to have a means of comparison with SWTOR (since they're supposed to be so similar). Ironically, before that I had entirely dismissed the possibility of playing the game by virtue of the horrible-looking, player-customized U.I.'s I had seen on show, via youtube videos.

But anyway, yes, I did give WoW a shot. While somewhat bare-boned and far from eye-catching, its U.I. suffers from none of SWTOR's glaring shortcomings.

I never played WoW until recently, and I only did so in order to have a means of comparison with SWTOR (since they're supposed to be so similar). Ironically, before that I had entirely dismissed the possibility of playing the game by virtue of the horrible-looking, player-customized U.I.'s I had seen on show, via youtube videos.

But anyway, yes, I did give WoW a shot. While somewhat bare-boned and far from eye-catching, its U.I. suffers from none of SWTOR's glaring shortcomings.

In your opinion.

Sorry -- you continue to ask as if you're correct in stating that there are UI deficiencies -- or even that they failed basic design guidlines. You continuously spoke of QA when you have absolutely no idea what the purpose of QA is.

You're speaking solely about your opinion. They have not failed anything other than to meet your expectations. End of story.

In your opinion.

Sorry -- you continue to ask as if you're correct in stating that there are UI deficiencies -- or even that they failed basic design guidlines. You continuously spoke of QA when you have absolutely no idea what the purpose of QA is.

You're speaking solely about your opinion. They have not failed anything other than to meet your expectations. End of story.

I've laid out several reasons for why this statement simply isn't true, but if believing it gives you that special, warm and snuggly feeling when you go off to sleep at night, I'll be more than happy to indulge it: yes, it's just my opinion. BioWare is not at fault in any way, shape or form; they are master-developers whose knowledge and wisdom dwarves that of us mere mortals.

Edited by Machine-Elf

I've laid out several reasons for why this statement simply isn't true, but if believing it gives you that special, warm and snuggly feeling when you go off to sleep at night, I'll be more than happy to indulge it.

Sorry, you haven't laid out anything of substance.

Your words, your opinions. 0 facts.

You've failed at whatever pathetic attempt this was. Although, I'll give you an 8/10 for trolling. Per usual.

Sorry, you haven't laid out anything of substance.

Your words, your opinions. 0 facts.

You've failed at whatever pathetic attempt this was. Although, I'll give you an 8/10 for trolling. Per usual.

Yes, of course, dear. You are absolutely, unequivocally correct.