The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Watchman Sentinels, not snipers, should have the +30 levels of stealth detection

KettleBelll

Whats delusional is you and others thinks with a one track mind, and think there is only one traditional way to make a team comp in ranked.

Some of you need to think outside the box and mix it up, being biased about a spec don't make that spec less or more.

In the hands of a great player any spec can work, in a group of 8 good players most team comps can work.

Games don't get won by classes or specs, they get won by teamwork and skill.

Does thinking outside the box include not wearing the jug pvp set currently for the 10 percent bonus damage after charge?

You sure are a revolutionary thinker!

Edited by biowareftw

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If raiding is your thing? Watchman/annihilation is an excellent spec. Then again? If you like raiding, you probably wouldn't be in the pvp forum to begin with.

Hey now, raiding is my thing, and I'm still here =P

Whats delusional is you and others thinks with a one track mind, and think there is only one traditional way to make a team comp in ranked.

Some of you need to think outside the box and mix it up, being biased about a spec don't make that spec less or more.

In the hands of a great player any spec can work, in a group of 8 good players most team comps can work.

Games don't get won by classes or specs, they get won by teamwork and skill.

You might think its stupid, I disagree on it not being viable in a team comp.

Your being biased about it.

So prove it. Make a ranked team that thinks outside the box and prove us all wrong. Great players do what they can, within the rules, to win. Certain comps and specs lend themselves to winning. Some are more of a liability. Just the facts of the game man.

Hey now, raiding is my thing, and I'm still here =P

So prove it. Make a ranked team that thinks outside the box and prove us all wrong. Great players do what they can, within the rules, to win. Certain comps and specs lend themselves to winning. Some are more of a liability. Just the facts of the game man.

Well to be fair annihilation currently is "ok" for rated IF you have the token carnage/combat marauder for sprint as well.

They can lock down healers and their dots hit hard. In 2.0 dot's hit less, you have a long ramp up to = the same dps as you do now, and healers got new escapes/immunities (say goodbye to all those dots), in addition to already being able to cleanse damage that has no protection.

So an "ok" spec became awful. I tried to explain it to him, but he wears the sentinel set in pvp, and talks about training dummies. I am just wasting my time. ;)

When he gets called out for being completely wrong and wearing the wrong set in pvp, he just calls people stupid...

Seems legit. Maybe he is the dev who came up with team bubblestun. Would explain some things.

Edited by biowareftw

When he gets called out for being completely wrong and wearing the wrong set in pvp, he just calls people stupid...

I said I was wrong about the set bonus, and I didn't call anyone stupid.

All I said is your wrong for saying Watchman isn't viable.

I am sorry if you don't understand that.

Trying to make yourself look better about your opinions also don't change my fact of Watchman being as viable as the other 2 trees does it.

So please do us a favor and stop trying to act tough, I know its the internet but geeze.

Thanks.

Edited by Caeliux

I said I was wrong about the set bonus, and I didn't call anyone stupid.

All I said is your wrong for saying Watchman isn't viable.

I am sorry if you don't understand that.

Trying to make yourself look better about your opinions also don't change my fact of Watchman being as viable as the other 2 trees does it.

So please do us a favor and stop trying to act tough, I know its the internet but geeze.

Thanks.

You don't play the class, if you did you would have known what pvp set we wear. You have no idea what is going on with the class. You probably have a friend who tops dmg as annihilation/watchman currently. This doesn't make the spec AWESOME, it means he is a good player, and much better then you.

I often spec annihilation and lead dmg with it. I won't be doing that in 2.0. These changes are killing any viability it had. IF I still play the class I will do it as carnage only and I have to play with the spec to see if I even like it.

Current carnage/combat is the most boring spec in the world for melee. You get a thirty stack and spam one button (mine is set to mouse wheel up) in between a force scream proc. With 2.0 at least we get another proc and get more windows.

See if you DID play the class? You would know that carnage/combat is actually the most faceroll/easiest spec. Smash actually requires 2 more buttons (leap/crush). Both specs use scream. Annihilation/watchman doesn't use more buttons then smash specs. In fact it uses 1 less, and really it is 2 less, because scream is horrible on the spec.

Watchman/annihilation however was probably the most fun and interesting. The spec got nothing in 2.0, has a bigger ramp up time and the new ability will be worse on watchman/ann then on the other 2 trees (passive armor pen, and full armor pen). Carnage has no problem staying on a target so the new escape mechanics other classes got don't matter. Rage/focus got leap out of root. In addition to all this? Crit got nerfed, which means less passive healing, so the change to our shield healing us? Wasn't a change at all.

Now stop discussing a class you don't play. You look more foolish with every post. We will all be playing carnage or rolling jugs/guardians. Most have already done that.

Edited by biowareftw

The amount of fail from bad maras in this thread is astounding.

Sents/maras are gonna be fine, and they have always been and will always be way more than 'a cheerleader'. I think we have l2p issues here... if you guys can't get a spot on ranked as mara the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.

I would also like to request the devs change the name 'Watchman' to something less confusing.

The amount of fail from bad maras in this thread is astounding.

Sents/maras are gonna be fine, and they have always been and will always be way more than 'a cheerleader'. I think we have l2p issues here... if you guys can't get a spot on ranked as mara the problem is between the keyboard and the chair.

I would also like to request the devs change the name 'Watchman' to something less confusing.

LOL at you thinking that carnage/combat is in anyway complicated. The WORST player on your team should be playing the spec.

Yeah the spec that uses two less buttons then rage and spams the most (one button) is super challenging. Noone is questioning whether carnage/combat is viable. We are waiting to see if it FUN in 2.0. Right now? It is the most boring of the 3 trees.

Y

Current carnage/combat is the most boring spec in the world for melee. You get a thirty stack and spam one button (mine is set to mouse wheel up) in between a force scream proc. With 2.0 at least we get another proc and get more windows.

Oh my. I've been pressing way too many buttons on my combat sentinel.

LOL at you thinking that carnage/combat is in anyway complicated. The WORST player on your team should be playing the spec.

Yeah the spec that uses two less buttons then rage and spams the most (one button) is super challenging. Noone is questioning whether carnage/combat is viable. We are waiting to see if it FUN in 2.0. Right now? It is the most boring of the 3 trees.

if you are only pressing two buttons you are doing it very very wrong.

Yeah i'm not sure why snipers are getting direct counters to their direct counter but not losing out against anything else... *** is that BW?

How so? Even with improved stealth detection, the stealth just need to approach from the rear and use their gap closer and then alpha strike. Sins/Shadows already had Force Speed and Operatives/Scoundrels got a roll forward ability. The Sniper/Gunslinger stealth detection only makes bads who approach from the front badder. And remember it takes 30 seconds of being a sitting duck to ramp up to the full stealth detection.

And, yes, I have a sniper and a stealth class. Love them both, limits and all.

Now stop discussing a class you don't play. You look more foolish with every post.

I play a Watchman and play very well with it, so what are you talking about.

Where did I post I don't play Watchman?

You have no idea what is going on with the class. You probably have a friend who tops dmg as annihilation/watchman currently. This doesn't make the spec AWESOME, it means he is a good player, and much better then you.

Notice now you are geting defensive trolling me when I said you are wrong about it being viable?

Your post there is from ages 5-13 years old, you can grow up a little talking to me please, thanks.

Watchman/annihilation however was probably the most fun and interesting. The spec got nothing in 2.0, has a bigger ramp up time and the new ability will be worse on watchman/ann then on the other 2 trees (passive armor pen, and full armor pen). Carnage has no problem staying on a target so the new escape mechanics other classes got don't matter. Rage/focus got leap out of root. In addition to all this? Crit got nerfed, which means less passive healing, so the change to our shield healing us? Wasn't a change at all.

Ok here you are comparing what combat and focus got, but want to blame crit/surge being nerfed.

But didn't you know 55 will provide more damage, and the damage increase to all classes due to bolster will pan out all your assumptions?

Don't you know how a class works in the hands of a good player, or are you going to tell me the PTS said so and we should believe what you say?

Bottom line is all we are geting from you and these people saying Watchman fail is assumptions, a PTS, and what others classes got.

What the other 2 trees got didn't or won't make Watchman less, it will be just as good as it is now.

What tree some ranked teams want as a sent don't change facts, it only means there is a preference in style and what they want a sent to rep in a match.

Combat is a great class and I play it in some warzones to provide the skills it has, but when I play Watchman I make a healers day a hard one and if not peeled its gg for that healer.

We will all be playing carnage or rolling jugs/guardians. Most have already done that.

I don't care what other people are doing, all I know is Watchman will be just as good or better than now in PVP come 2.0.

Edited by Caeliux

How so? Even with improved stealth detection, the stealth just need to approach from the rear and use their gap closer and then alpha strike. Sins/Shadows already had Force Speed and Operatives/Scoundrels got a roll forward ability. The Sniper/Gunslinger stealth detection only makes bads who approach from the front badder. And remember it takes 30 seconds of being a sitting duck to ramp up to the full stealth detection.

And, yes, I have a sniper and a stealth class. Love them both, limits and all.

More escapes to get away from them, more ways to get away from the melee the less damage they do...

And i'm not sure if you've noticed but stealth in this game is pretty terrible. You see people in stealth at like 15m away if they're approaching from the front and in mid for alderaan or hypergate it's a bit of a problem. Lets not get started on huttball at all.

And i'm not sure if you've noticed but stealth in this game is pretty terrible. You see people in stealth at like 15m away if they're approaching from the front and in mid for alderaan or hypergate it's a bit of a problem. Lets not get started on huttball at all.

Sneak/blackout is for that. Put it on and you can jump on people and they won't see you.

Also, the range is far from 15m, more like 5-10m. Try to hunt a stealther as a stealther and you'll surely notice it.

Sneak/blackout is for that. Put it on and you can jump on people and they won't see you.

Also, the range is far from 15m, more like 5-10m. Try to hunt a stealther as a stealther and you'll surely notice it.

It's too far to be noticed from without the improved stealth cool down popped for anyone is the point. In other games I remember walking through other players to get them to notice me.

It's too far to be noticed from without the improved stealth cool down popped for anyone is the point. In other games I remember walking through other players to get them to notice me.

Haven't noticed this being a problem, not to mention that at least some skill trees (scrapper scoundrel and the operative mirror skill tree) can finish the cd of sneak simply by getting out of stealth and then back to stealth. The fact that you don't have to jump on people in order to get them notice you may give you a little headache if you try to use the same strategies as in those "other games" you mention, but I'm sure you'll be able to figure out new ones for this game.

It isn't trolling when you correct someone that has no idea what he is talking about.

I gave you the reasons why watchman will be much worse off in pvp (not pve) then it is currently. You? Have just exposed how little you know about the class you are supposedly great on...

Training dummy doesn't = pvp.

I gave you the reasons why watchman will be much worse off in pvp (not pve) then it is currently.

Training dummy doesn't = pvp.

You gave me biased opinions about 2.0 notes and a pts.

I agree a training dummy and dueling don't = pvp, remember that when you see a Watchman in 2.0 in a ranked team burning down a healer.

Some will say combat and focus is still better, I assume to some they are.

But in the hands of a person that plays well with watchman its a different story not to mention a healers nightmare.

You gave me biased opinions about 2.0 notes and a pts.

I agree a training dummy and dueling don't = pvp, remember that when you see a Watchman in 2.0 in a ranked team burning down a healer.

Some will say combat and focus is still better, I assume to some they are.

But in the hands of a person that plays well with watchman its a different story not to mention a healers nightmare.

More escapes, immunities for other classes, nothing for watchman, more mobilty for rage/focus (leap from root), higher ramp up time for sustained dmg, less healing from dots due to crit nerf.

Those aren't opinions. Those are facts. You believing that tin foil and mylar at Roswell was aliens is opinion. This is hard fact.