The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

2.0?

kozzie

- We lost 15% of our armor penetration on Rail Shot, but gained a +3% buff to our accuracy in it's place. Kinda sucks, but not too bad.

- Increased the base proc chance of CGC from Rapid Shots from 10% to 25%, but cut the damage that CGC does in half. This was the nail in the coffin for PVE Pyro's. CGC used to do around 1/3 of our damage, and was a wonderful, magnificent DoT. Now it sucks.

- TD now has half of it's damage in kinetic (initial explosion), and then the other half as a 12-second DoT. So for instance, let's say on live right now your TD hits for 3k (no crit). With the way it will be in 2.0, it will 1.5k damage in a kinetic explosion, and then 1.5k in elemental damage over 12-seconds. Kiss your burst goodbye. Fun fact: PVE Pyro's still drop TD from their build, even with this change. Lol?

Rest of the nerfs slammed AP really hard, but you asked for Pyro nerfs, not AP...so I won't list those.

2.0 is not nice to Powertechs/Vanguards.

Edited by ScytheEleven

:( i know, its horrible, i miss the armor penetration, oh yeah and the -5% damage with ion cylinder, shield chance, etc, so now we are less survivable and have less damage to actually drop folks lol great. way to ruin my first character before i even reach 50

pvp has turned in to pretty much every dps class has crazy burst now... everyone but us were as we used to have some of the best burst... not really happy with the way things turned out for my main. Really hope bioware fixs things.:mad: Edited by mfourcustom

pvp has turned in to pretty much every dps class has crazy burst now... everyone but us were as we used to have some of the best burst... not really happy with the way things turned out for my main. Really hope bioware fixs things.:mad:

i dont think EA will do that if u keep sub,

ill try it meself tonite, if pt is that really sux, ill quit, this is the last straw.

i dont think EA will do that if u keep sub,

ill try it meself tonite, if pt is that really sux, ill quit, this is the last straw.

i mean maybe i'm just a bad player.. so who knows but i cant keep up with some of my friends who in the past i used to always top in dps.. just feels like with gunslingers and commandos getting 8k hits we are just behind... really upsetting.. seeing as how pyro pts and vgs didn't ever bring much to the plate... we had our burst thats all. now we have nothing.

Why can't you just roll a new toon like sorc/sage shad/sin for example?

Understandable, if you are one of those who i make one toon and one toon only and i min max the crap out of it to be the best in the world.

Adapt, use your gamer skill to find something new to exploit within your preferred class.

and for fun sake, (this next comment is meant as a joke only and meant to make people laugh

L2P :p

Understandable, if you are one of those who i make one toon and one toon only and i min max the crap out of it to be the best in the world.

Adapt, use your gamer skill to find something new to exploit within your preferred class.

and for fun sake, (this next comment is meant as a joke only and meant to make people laugh

idk... i have a couple 50s but my vanguard was my first toon and its the one i'm most comfortable on... just stupid to see every class in the game doing amazing damage while we got nerfed.

pay them to reroll,

otherwise, just shut up, this is not ur business, go play urself :p.

idk... i have a couple 50s but my vanguard was my first toon and its the one i'm most comfortable on... just stupid to see every class in the game doing amazing damage while we got nerfed.

but we didn't get "nerfed" we were changed HUGE difference... why is it every forum QQers cannot make this distiction.

Either adapt and be a good player or quit... crying isn't going to change anything and only makes you look like a child.

but we didn't get "nerfed" we were changed HUGE difference... why is it every forum QQers cannot make this distiction.

Either adapt and be a good player or quit... crying isn't going to change anything and only makes you look like a child.

Ok sure we got changed to the point of being useless.. how can we adapt when every class in this game now does stupid good burst and we do little to none?

Ok sure we got changed to the point of being useless.. how can we adapt when every class in this game now does stupid good burst and we do little to none?

funny how the good players are not crying about burst being gone... the ones crying are teh face rollers that relied on something everyone knew was going to get changed. The burst is not gone, its simply attained in a different way. If you were a good player you would figure it out, however you rather just cry on the forums instead

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18894999/Screenshot_2013-04-10_15_28_33_027025.jpg.html

first game as tactics vanguard.... lvl 51 with warhero (not naked)

So you got the most dmg but a mediocre amount of kills...assuming Tode means kills...which I believe it does.

Thats the exact problem :(

Anywayz I did play some Tactics yesterday and it was far far better then Assault currently is....buuut I just dont enjoy the spec much.

So very sorry to have to depart from my awesome sexy Twi'Lek Vanguard :(

Ah well my Vigilance Guardian in 2.0 rekindled my love for the Knight ^^

Edited by Archaell

funny how the good players are not crying about burst being gone... the ones crying are teh face rollers that relied on something everyone knew was going to get changed. The burst is not gone, its simply attained in a different way. If you were a good player you would figure it out, however you rather just cry on the forums instead

your post makes it sound like you don't know what burst is lol. pyro powertech got some good changes but it also got nerfed harder than any other class, it was probally stronger before this patch than it is now and its the opposite for almost all the other trees. The nerf is pretty bad, warrior and sniper are probally much better than pt now when playing dps.

So you got the most dmg but a mediocre amount of kills...assuming Tode means kills...which I believe it does.

Thats the exact problem :(

Anywayz I did play some Tactics yesterday and it was far far better then Assault currently is....buuut I just dont enjoy the spec much.

So very sorry to have to depart from my awesome sexy Twi'Lek Vanguard :(

Ah well my Vigilance Guardian in 2.0 rekindled my love for the Knight ^^

37 kills , 5 deaths, it was a full voidstar with a lot movment so i think 1000 DPS is quite nice, in an other game after playing the spec a little bit, i reached 1300 DPS in alderaan

your post makes it sound like you don't know what burst is lol. pyro powertech got some good changes but it also got nerfed harder than any other class, it was probally stronger before this patch than it is now and its the opposite for almost all the other trees. The nerf is pretty bad, warrior and sniper are probally much better than pt now when playing dps.

i know this is prolly a hard thing for you to think of on your own, but did you ever think o trying out AP?? or doing the skills in a different order???

The game changed stop crying about it, if you lack the ability to adapt then simply quit playing because no MMO stays the same forever.

and FTY SWs and Snipers have always been better then PT in terms of PvE DPS, when played by people who know what they are doing.

FFS AP has always sucked.. IT *********** sucks still if just playing regs with AP and doing stupid fluff dps is what you enjoy, fine good for *********** you but the PTS and VGS that are pissed are the ones that had spots on ranked pvp teams the ones that played for guilds and high lvl pvp we will NEVER be taken to a serious rated pvp team now not with AP if you have fun sitting in VS and CWS spaming your flamthrower and doing useless aoe dps than thats good for you.. enjoy rolling regs but for those of us that played on serious rated teams played the game for more than just "FUN" and wanted more out of the game than just casual regs we got screwed. Simpe as that.

FFS AP has always sucked.. IT *********** sucks still if just playing regs with AP and doing stupid fluff dps is what you enjoy, fine good for *********** you but the PTS and VGS that are pissed are the ones that had spots on ranked pvp teams the ones that played for guilds and high lvl pvp we will NEVER be taken to a serious rated pvp team now not with AP if you have fun sitting in VS and CWS spaming your flamthrower and doing useless aoe dps than thats good for you.. enjoy rolling regs but for those of us that played on serious rated teams played the game for more than just "FUN" and wanted more out of the game than just casual regs we got screwed. Simpe as that.

I've seen your depressed posts in both forums vg's and pt's and really didn't care but this last one... that was my line.

I am a main pt on a ranked team and I am not pissed... do you know why? because there is a terrible bolster now in wz makes impossible to test anything. You can get facerrolled by a sniper level 36 or you can destroy 1 level 53, you never know because of the bug in the bolster.

A lot of people says that pt's are easy to play and that is just a huge lie... 90% of pt's are terrible. What is easy to do with a pt is damage, that's easy. But what it makes a difference between a good or a bad pt is the positioning, taunts, call targets, do right pulls (for example, making the guy you pull LoS his healer), don't LoSing your healers...

Play a pt was hard in rated because we had no way to get out if focused and we didn't have a proper gap closer... until 2.0. We have some nasty toys that I'm loving for my TEAMPLAY and I'm looking forward to try them in rated... example? Try this: when you have a few maras/juggers next to you: oil slick, flame sweep... then call your 2 rage buddies and rofl... and if you pull a healer before the oil slick then you rofl twice...

About our "non-burst"... my flame burst crits for +3k now, plus 7k Railshot = 10k damge in 1 GCD...

I might change my mind once mix max and tryed in rated... until then, I don't see why I should complain and I think that people should do the same... complaining without proper testing is completely useless

Just my opinion

Cheers

P.S: no offense, I never said if you were bad or good, don't know you so I can't tell, but I just want people to stop complaining and start testing

i just want this bolster fiasko to go away so i can see what's what

until then it's not really worth doing any pvp..

anyway the impression i got so far pt's are still strong when it comes to taking people down.. it's just a bit different as is to be expected with a new expac and new talent tweaks... i expect that some of the dominant classes atm will suffer when they finally sort that crap out.

Burst gone. Sustained gone. Survivability is trash (always was). Whats left? Tanking? Even that PTs are not the best at.

i know this is prolly a hard thing for you to think of on your own, but did you ever think o trying out AP?? or doing the skills in a different order???

The game changed stop crying about it, if you lack the ability to adapt then simply quit playing because no MMO stays the same forever.

and FTY SWs and Snipers have always been better then PT in terms of PvE DPS, when played by people who know what they are doing.

I am all for switching things up, but dont have the time to "figure it out" through random testing... care to explain what spec is now the most viable, and what the rotation is?

Honestly I've been doing pretty well in WZ's so far (not talking just fluff damage but getting actual kills). I think we should be looking more into alacrity as a possible option for our gearing. I only base this on the fact that I get amazing burst phases now out of explosive fuel (which I haven't heard anyone mention at all, it has become an even better skill than it was before). The only constant I've noticed is that PVP has a low TTK and most teams are reliant on a competent healer. The success of the DPS' thus far has pretty much been based on skill and ability to coordinate with the team.

I've been running an 8/8/30 build and find it pretty solid. Abuse HO guys, it's cooldown is low enough that you should be using it a third of the time you're in the wz.

Honestly I've been doing pretty well in WZ's so far (not talking just fluff damage but getting actual kills). I think we should be looking more into alacrity as a possible option for our gearing. I only base this on the fact that I get amazing burst phases now out of explosive fuel (which I haven't heard anyone mention at all, it has become an even better skill than it was before). The only constant I've noticed is that PVP has a low TTK and most teams are reliant on a competent healer. The success of the DPS' thus far has pretty much been based on skill and ability to coordinate with the team.

I've been running an 8/8/30 build and find it pretty solid. Abuse HO guys, it's cooldown is low enough that you should be using it a third of the time you're in the wz.

can u post ur fight at youtube to prove it?