SWTOR CE Purchasers

L-RANDLE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And of course we are baddies because we have money and expect certain things for paying a premium... If any CE own says they were 100% satisfied with their purchase then ill shut up.

My CE was totally worth it when my grandson said, with admiration and jealousy, " That's a really nice Darth Malgus statue you have there Nana!"

And of course we are baddies because we have money and expect certain things for paying a premium... If any CE own says they were 100% satisfied with their purchase then ill shut up.

The only reason I got my CE was for the stuff in the box. My Malgus statue sits on my desk next to my Shae VIzla Minibust. And the Security key. Which everyone should have.

It said that you would have exclusive access to content and vendors

You do. Only a CE owner can access the CE vendor. That = exclusive.

Maybe you meant to complain that it's not enough for you. ;)

AND... I see that the CE Vendor is today's chew toy in the forums AGAIN.

Edited by Andryah

You didn't preorder you don't get the benefits for preordering it. I didn't buy the CE i don't get the benefits. You have the CE you get the benefits. Its not Bioware fault you don't like them.

QFT.

note: I am a CE owner, and I do not share the rage, anger, and QQ about it.

Ahhh.... Ahhh..... AHCHOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry im allergic to BULL. Allow me to destroy you 1 point at a time:

-BW confirmed ages ago wookies would never come because no gear would display correctly on them.

- Unconfirmed about "Yodas Race" but it would face the same gear issue as the wookies and what would they call it lol (no one knows what the race is called) and this would take a massive **** on the games lore.

- Droids are programmed by someone so this isnt going to happen like ever seriously... Someone puts a restraining bolt on you then what are you gonna do? (And yet again gear wont display).

/whoosh :rolleyes:

Do u think a statue, keychain, and comic book worth 3x the cost of the digital download?

The whole point of the CE was to get exclusive access to content, which I have not seen as of yet. And the vendor we have access to is a joke... So my request is reasonable. Early Access to 2.0.

Not exclusive access to content, but rather, access to exclusive content. Your CE vendor. Enjoy. :t_tongue:

You didn't preorder you don't get the benefits for preordering it. I didn't buy the CE i don't get the benefits. You have the CE you get the benefits. Its not Bioware fault you don't like them.

That is my reasoning. There was and never has been any "benefits" to having it. None of the vendor items provide any benefits that are not attainable in game.... So what the hell is the point of the CE then? Hell, crystals were added to the vendor, but the freaking cartel crystals had the same stat allocations and only needed lvl 10 to use them AND THEY WERE CHEAPER!!!!.... Pay $160+ for a plastic statue, comic book and my tauntaun minipet?

*** is this world coming to? I don't go to Red Lobster for a Big Mac..

And reexamine "entitlement". Its means you want it for no work or for free. I work hard for my money and I paid for the edition, so it is well within my rights to say I got led astray..

The irony....:rolleyes: commies devaluing entitlement....:rolleyes:

That is my reasoning. There was and never has been any "benefits" to having it. None of the vendor items provide any benefits that are not attainable in game.... So what the hell is the point of the CE then? Hell, crystals were added to the vendor, but the freaking cartel crystals had the same stat allocations and only needed lvl 10 to use them AND THEY WERE CHEAPER!!!!.... Pay $160+ for a plastic statue, comic book and my tauntaun minipet?

*** is this world coming to? I don't go to Red Lobster for a Big Mac..

And reexamine "entitlement". Its means you want it for no work or for free. I work hard for my money and I paid for the edition, so it is well within my rights to say I got led astray..

The irony....:rolleyes: commies devaluing entitlement....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing anything about CE owners getting exclusive early access to expansions upon their release when I was considering which version to buy way back when. All the features of the CE were spelled out and you bought it anyway. It's your own fault that you imagined (incorrectly) that you would get more. You knew what you were getting. Don't get all ragey because over a year later you decided that you don't like the deal.

Those of us who proudly supported the expansion, knowing it was well worth $10, and ordered early will enjoy a few days on Makeb without you. And that's the way things are.

I see the problem.

You think that the items that the vendor sells for CE need to be better than anything anyone else can get. It isn't enough that the items skin/color cannot be obtained anywhere else, but if the stats are the same as something that anyone can obtain, it is somehow no longer exclusive.

You got exactly what you paid for. You are just not happy about it anymore, and so you want to throw a tantrum and stomp around because of it.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

There is what you got for the CE. Says nothing about any exclusive content outside the (crappy) store.

And yes, I did pre-order ROTHC and yes I am getting my early access, because I didn't care about what was coming in the expansion. I knew I would be getting it, so why wait?

Since you were so kind as to do some research to support the claims of those that are pro or against the request of the CE purchases to have their vendor updated I would like to point out just a couple of paragraphs on the page you so graciously linked under the section titled "Collector's Edition":

Collector’s Edition:

In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.

• Mouse Droid. This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.
  • Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

Now maybe I am missing something but my understanding of "regular updates" as written by Bioware in their own article on their own website advertising their own product is that it would be updated more than 1 time during the existence of the game.

I don't think any CE owners want anything game breaking or unbalancing but as someone who LOVE to stand out in a crowd for having hard to get items I too thought we would have access to things like adaptive armor shells not available elsewhere or more pets or mounts or even companion skins. I feel Bioware has failed in this regard & I think it is unfair for those who didn't purchase the CE to ridicule those that did & want what they paid for.

Pay $160+ for a plastic statue, comic book and my tauntaun minipet?

• The game itself
  • The statue
  • The collectable metal case the game came in
  • The Journal/comic thingy
  • Galaxy map
  • Authentication Key
  • Music CD
  • Collectors edition box (yes the box itself)
  • Ingame pet thing
  • Access to ingame vendor
  • And the digital upgrade items.

Why do people keep listing only 3 of the CE items and then the Vendor?

The game itself didn't come free with the CE pack, it was part of the price. And so was the Digital items.

Heck even the special box it all was in is part of the CE items you payed for.

You might only have wanted the CE Vendor, but you still payed for everything else.

And I still agree the CE vendor should be updated.

Edited by ClaudiusDK

I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing anything about CE owners getting exclusive early access to expansions upon their release when I was considering which version to buy way back when. All the features of the CE were spelled out and you bought it anyway. It's your own fault that you imagined (incorrectly) that you would get more. You knew what you were getting. Don't get all ragey because over a year later you decided that you don't like the deal.

Those of us who proudly supported the expansion, knowing it was well worth $10, and ordered early will enjoy a few days on Makeb without you. And that's the way things are.

There was no rage until the word "entitlement" flew out... It was a simple suggestion for those who felt shafted by the CE purchase, to which BW has never really appeased. Even the owner that chimed in, that does not share the rage, has probably gotten over it, but probably still feel it didn't live up to the price tag... Most people who didn't purchase it, don't even know what is at the CE vendor... trust me, it has been worthless from DAY 1...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Since you were so kind as to do some research to support the claims of those that are pro or against the request of the CE purchases to have their vendor updated I would like to point out just a couple of paragraphs on the page you so graciously linked under the section titled "Collector's Edition":

Now maybe I am missing something but my understanding of "regular updates" as written by Bioware in their own article on their own website advertising their own product is that it would be updated more than 1 time during the existence of the game.

I don't think any CE owners want anything game breaking or unbalancing but as someone who LOVE to stand out in a crowd for having hard to get items I too thought we would have access to things like adaptive armor shells not available elsewhere or more pets or mounts or even companion skins. I feel Bioware has failed in this regard & I think it is unfair for those who didn't purchase the CE to ridicule those that did & want what they paid for.

Please, go re-read all my posts. Not once have I said that the CE Vendor should NOT be updated. No where have I said that they should not have access to exclusive cosmetic items through the CE vendor. I have said that it does need to be updated and I have said a number of time that Bioware has failed to do so.

What I HAVE said is that just because someone is a CE owner, they are not entitled to gain access to content (read: non-CE vendor content) simply because they are a CE owner. Still need to do the same thing as everyone else to gain access to content.

CE owners got everything they have paid for, with the exception of the regularly updated CE Vendor.

Please, go re-read all my posts. Not once have I said that the CE Vendor should NOT be updated. No where have I said that they should not have access to exclusive cosmetic items through the CE vendor. I have said that it does need to be updated and I have said a number of time that Bioware has failed to do so.

What I HAVE said is that just because someone is a CE owner, they are not entitled to gain access to content (read: non-CE vendor content) simply because they are a CE owner. Still need to do the same thing as everyone else to gain access to content.

CE owners got everything they have paid for, with the exception of the regularly updated CE Vendor.

Most of the threads I have read about are people asking for the vendor to be updated followed by the disenchanted bashing them for doing so...just like here,

Most of the threads I have read about are people asking for the vendor to be updated followed by the disenchanted bashing them for doing so...just like here,

The OP had nothing to do with the CE Vendor. It was brought up initially by me because I stated that was the only thing that CE owners were promised which was not delivered.

The OP was wanting to have early access to ROTHC added for CE owners by virtue of being CE owners, not added to the CE vendor.

I do not think anyone in this thread feels the vendor should not be updated with more exclusive cosmetic items, but this thread was about something else entirely.

I pre-ordered several copies of the CE. I love the box and everything that came in them. I like collecting them. I still have the box and everything that came with the SWG CE in 2003.

The vendor though? Yeah, that was crap. I mean real real real crap. I know they changed directions but they could do *something with it.

Please show the link for a CE owner asking for EA...

Misunderstanding. I mean do we really need a new thread asking for EA to add to all the other "Gimme because I was gullible enough to spend 160 dollars at launch and then proceeded to LORD it over the people who tried to buy it but were too late" group.

Maybe you didn't do that but considering how CE owners acted just before launch and telling people "QQ MOAR! You should have gotten it when you had the chance!" won't get much sympathy when the preorder for RotHC was only 10 dollars AND to boot UNLIMITED supply.

Misunderstanding. I mean do we really need a new thread asking for EA to add to all the other "Gimme because I was gullible enough to spend 160 dollars at launch and then proceeded to LORD it over the people who tried to buy it but were too late" group.

Maybe you didn't do that but considering how CE owners acted just before launch and telling people "QQ MOAR! You should have gotten it when you had the chance!" won't get much sympathy when the preorder for RotHC was only 10 dollars AND to boot UNLIMITED supply.

Generalizing is rarely a good thing. :)