Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?

KostonxEld

My TESTING resulted a couple items. EMPTY shell (Rak/Col/Tion) had the missing armor ADDED back into them AND that armor was SLOT STAMPED as well the shell had the bonus removed.

Placing a 63 Armor into any of those MOVED the Set bonus and slot imprint as well to the 63 Armor. IE: If it was in a HEAD PIECE then you can only insert in another head piece later (Even if it was a generic armor originally).

Finally, if you try to insert a higher armor on TOP of an armor in that set bonus gear (Rak/Col/Tion) then it not only kills the ARMOR in the gear but the set bonus as well. (SO you can't go insert higher Makeb Armor later to pull set bonus).

Interesting... Thanks for the info!

#1 - Huh. I wonder if all the empty Tionese/Columi shells in my storage will suddenly magically gain armorings :p I guess that's so the set bonus has something to stick to.

#2 - All right, that sounds like my outlined case should be safe, I think..

#3 - That makes total sense from my understanding of the patch notes; good to see a confirmation.

Interesting... Thanks for the info!

#1 - Huh. I wonder if all the empty Tionese/Columi shells in my storage will suddenly magically gain armorings :p I guess that's so the set bonus has something to stick to.

#2 - All right, that sounds like my outlined case should be safe, I think..

#3 - That makes total sense from my understanding of the patch notes; good to see a confirmation.

Yes it was a surprise to me that all the spare sets of gear I paid to remove armorings had the empty slot filled up again. LOL

Yes.. All my existing generic 63 Armors inserted in Rak/Col/Tio gear pulled the set bonus. BUT only if done before the 2.0 migration/copy happens. Afterwards as you can see it's useless (Notes kinda said that, but not really explaining it fully). I was hoping to insert 66 Armor later into empty shells and pull bonus, but it seems that BW foiled those plans. :p Sneaky DEV's...

That is an excellent question!

No, that's a terrible question. "requires level 50" is on the shell, "requires level 50" is on the armoring/mod/enhancement.

There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to reinforce people who can't take the time to seek out easily obtainable information. That goes for the person you quoted, in-game? ask for a link in chat, not in game? google. And as for you, you took an idea that is unpossible, ran with it, and came up with a whole paragraph of never gonna happen.

Think first.

Edited by selios

I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?

I can't think of any way to get Tionese that isn't bound to your character. If you buy it with tokens it's still BoP.

I can't think of any way to get Tionese that isn't bound to your character. If you buy it with tokens it's still BoP.

You can use Legacy-bound armor and weapons to move character-bound mods to other characters in your Legacy. In other words, buy the Tionese armor as if it were for the intended character, rip the mods out, put them in a Legacy piece, and mail it over.

No, that's a terrible question. "requires level 50" is on the shell, "requires level 50" is on the armoring/mod/enhancement.

There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to reinforce people who can't take the time to seek out easily obtainable information. That goes for the person you quoted, in-game? ask for a link in chat, not in game? google. And as for you, you took an idea that is unpossible, ran with it, and came up with a whole paragraph of never gonna happen.

Think first.

Selios - Learn to READ and understand the conversation before you try to smack my hand... let me point out my "My first" coment specifically:

First I agree might be some sort of level 50 error prevents him from using the set bonus gear OR the fact they might have a script that checks <50 armor then no set bonus = instant kill set bonus on shell.

I'm not on the game right now and this in depth information is NOT in google. Yes, a level 50 SHELL can't be used by a level 10 and the level 50 Armor/Mod/Enh can't be used by a level 10. That's NOT the question. The question was putting a LEVEL 10 ARMOR into that shell and removing it with the SET BONUS intact. NOTHING preventing that from happening on a level 50 toon's gear w/lower armor and removing it, BUT I'm not sure about the Set Bonus being copied to that item (I think the answer is YES it will, but can't confirm until TUESDAY live as I'm trying it out). My level 50 can go put a level 10 armor in tionese gear today and pull it back out and move to my level 10 toon (I would use legacy gear to shuffle over to a 10 who could add/remove) for my level 10 toon.

Update: Note this would be a ONE TIME only type event as the migration to 2.0 is when the conversion happens and it will not be possible in the future to do the same thing. Not sure if the migration hits on day 1 for Pre-Order release or what, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be Tuesday 9th it happens and everyone else is "Pending" access to Makeb until the 15th date.

Edited by dscount

You would buy it on a level 50 toon, insert the lower level Armor. Then wait for 2.0 upgrade to happen. The same level 50 toon removes (with set bonus hopefully) and move via like sloted legacy gear. (IE: If it was in Tionese Head Piece you would move to level 10 via a legacy head piece).

You can use Legacy-bound armor and weapons to move character-bound mods to other characters in your Legacy. In other words, buy the Tionese armor as if it were for the intended character, rip the mods out, put them in a Legacy piece, and mail it over.

Kinda like Jenovan was saying, except you wouldn't mail 50 level items to your level 10, just the level 10 armor w/set bonus you would use. (Im not sure "2.0 Live" is Tuesday and just not open for everyone, but I would make sure you have it ready before then just in case thats the migration day)

Edited by dscount

Selios - Learn to READ and understand the conversation before you try to smack my hand... let me point out my "My first" coment specifically:

First I agree might be some sort of level 50 error prevents him from using the set bonus gear OR the fact they might have a script that checks <50 armor then no set bonus = instant kill set bonus on shell.

I'm not on the game right now and this in depth information is NOT in google. Yes, a level 50 SHELL can't be used by a level 10 and the level 50 Armor/Mod/Enh can't be used by a level 10. That's NOT the question. The question was putting a LEVEL 10 ARMOR into that shell and removing it with the SET BONUS intact. NOTHING preventing that from happening on a level 50 toon's gear w/lower armor and removing it, BUT I'm not sure about the Set Bonus being copied to that item (I think the answer is YES it will, but can't confirm until TUESDAY live as I'm trying it out). My level 50 can go put a level 10 armor in tionese gear today and pull it back out and move to my level 10 toon (I would use legacy gear to shuffle over to a 10 who could add/remove) for my level 10 toon.

Update: Note this would be a ONE TIME only type event as the migration to 2.0 is when the conversion happens and it will not be possible in the future to do the same thing. Not sure if the migration hits on day 1 for Pre-Order release or what, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be Tuesday 9th it happens and everyone else is "Pending" access to Makeb until the 15th date.

Your lack of critical thinking skills doesn't affect my ability to read. There is no depth to what you're saying. I get it, YOU have not PERSONALLY seen that it's not possible. Add in the lack of critcal thinking skills and you are not able to take human nature, creativity, the time 2.0 was on the pts and form a logical thought process. The very next post after the one I'm quoting has you hoping this is going to happen and that's all this boils down to, you hope.

Your lack of critical thinking skills doesn't affect my ability to read. There is no depth to what you're saying. I get it, YOU have not PERSONALLY seen that it's not possible. Add in the lack of critcal thinking skills and you are not able to take human nature, creativity, the time 2.0 was on the pts and form a logical thought process. The very next post after the one I'm quoting has you hoping this is going to happen and that's all this boils down to, you hope.

First off.. REPORTED... I really don't take too kindly to an individual trying to tell me I'm lacking thinking skills, creativity and unable to form a logical thought because they want to look cool on the forum slapping down someone. (Yea - I'm pretty sure most those items are a tad impartial to TROLLING and/or against forum rules) I posted a "Learn how to read" after your already blatant violation of those same forum rules. Meanwhile...

So based on your response then my original "Excellent Question" is confirmed! (TYVM) You are basically doing a back pedal job while trying to draw attention away from that fact with a slew of unfounded and frankly incorrectly placed personal attacks against myself. Well done sir! Well done. You should stop while you are behind on this commentary as your thought process seems slightly flawed as this question was just posted... how exactly should I have tested it on PTS (After its offline)?

Its a VALID Question that needed to be tested and I stand by my comment that it was an excellent question. Your dribble about me looking into something that doesn't exist in game or google is a waste of typing space. I've shared plenty of information in the last couple posts while you have not really added anything but hate and discontent. I suggest you use the time wisely while you are hopefully banned to think about why you are such an angry person. :D

And a gentle reminder.. READ the FORUM RULES.. apparently you seem to be lacking some consideration for people's questions & answers while not able to grasp what is supposed to be a fairly friendly FORUMS.

Maybe you should spend more time SHARING your vast knowledge of the game and/or things you have tried in the game with people on the forums instead of trying to insult them.

Edited by dscount