I saved my Rakghoul event black green crystal

Talsalus

The only thing I could find regarding the removal of stats from color crystals was a comment from Damion Schubert regarding the lvl 10 color crystals on the cartel market just prior to the CM going live, and quoted in an online article. I havn't been able to find the original post, but here is the relevant paragraph.

"Currently, these crystals appear in cartel packs with a level 10 requirement, and on the store with a level 35 requirement, in order to access stats roughly equal to a standard level 50 color crystal. It’s worth noting that color crystals are something that the itemization team stopped improving the itemization of shortly after launch, because people really hated losing their signature lightsaber color because it was no longer Best in Slot. We have, incidentally, seriously entertained removing all itemization from color crystals entirely (it makes many problems go away for us), but we didn’t have the time to make such a large change on itemization before this patch went live."

The link to the article is http://oceanicgamer.com/2012/10/swtor-color-crystals-bioware-clarify-future/