ONe time password freaking annoying

Bioware really can't win.

Deal with it. Download the free app on your smartphone, or keep complaining until the physical keys are back in stock.

If they removed ANY levels of security (or allowed you to), they would be risking their own reputation as well. If your account was hacked, you'd probably come back screaming that Bioware didn't protect the accounts well enough.

I just don't understand the anger -- I always view more security as a good thing. If it is REALLY enough for you to unsubscribe, clearly you're angry about more than just the stupid security features. . .

/Signed.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

signed... yeah.. buy for me a smarthphone. Thanks.

I'm not responsible for your apparent unwillingness to cope with the real world and overcome little obstacles it presents. ;)

Thanks for demanding though. :p

Edited by Andryah

It's not effecting me and I'm a fan of the game for anyone that wants to dig through my post history, but yea, if people are having to wait for a email to enter a secuirty code everytime thye login to the game that seriously messed up. Nobody should have to buy something extra just so they don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to log in. Account security is Bioware's responability short of having your credentials breached by your own stupidity. Being able to log into the game with nothing but a username and pass should be enough security for people that don't pick up keylogggers or share their info. That's all any customer should have to do. Protection beyond that isn't my responsability.

I guess I should just be thankful I don't have to log into another E-Mail account to be able to log into my other E-Mail account to be able to log into the game.

Wonder how my E-Mail Provider handles security....

There can never be complete security. But I guess we can just jkeep adding layers until we have to go through 20 steps to finally log into the game.

What we need to add in for additional security:

Fingerprint scanner (some laptops have these built in)

Facial recognition software (again, some laptops come preloaded with software that uses the webcam for this)

DNA analyzer

Rectal examiner

Then we might have complete security.

:rak_09:

What we need to add in for additional security:

Fingerprint scanner (some laptops have these built in)

Facial recognition software (again, some laptops come preloaded with software that uses the webcam for this)

DNA analyzer

Rectal examiner

Then we might have complete security.

:rak_09:

LoooooL

-----

I will set up my android virtual device, install the APK.... and this will be my solution!

Cheers

LoooooL

-----

I will set up my android virtual device, install the APK.... and this will be my solution!

Cheers

;)

In all seriousness, though, it is a little stupid the hoops that they're creating.

And especially to those that say "Get the free phone app, and if you don't have a phone, then get one!", how about you pay that person's bills, then? Or in some cases, what if their parent(s) doesn't(don't) want them having one yet? Telling someone to suck it up and get a phone is not a solution.

The option of having the added security is great, yes. But it has to be implemented in a way that is practical to everyone.

Edited by FuryoftheStars

Seriously. IS THERE ANY PLACE BIOWARE IS ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE???

You will loose 4 players soon if not.

1. We are from Europe (no phisical security key for us).

2. We don't have smartphones you chose to be ones (I have great Symbian machine, two friend has Windows Phone 7 machines) - NOBODY WILL BUY STUPID ANDROID c...rap or IPHONE only for security key.

3. I wanted to give a try to BlueStacks - Android windows emulator but I realised that I play sometimes from friends comp, so it is completely useless for me...

It is so annoying now :mad:

;)

In all seriousness, though, it is a little stupid the hoops that they're creating.

And especially to those that say "Get the free phone app, and if you don't have a phone, then get one!", how about you pay that person's bills, then? Or in some cases, what if their parent(s) doesn't(don't) want them having one yet? Telling someone to suck it up and get a phone is not a solution.

The option of having the added security is great, yes. But it has to be implemented in a way that is practical to everyone.

you are right, i'm the first to say that! (read some post before).

But fortunatly i can install an android defice on my windows pc... so i have the security key for mobile... without a phone! XD

Seriously. IS THERE ANY PLACE BIOWARE IS ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE???

3. I wanted to give a try to BlueStacks - Android windows emulator but I realised that I play sometimes from friends comp, so it is completely useless for me...

You can use the AVD and the Android SDK. This is really better. You can just take with you, a pendrive with your AVD folder, and then log in from where you whant ;)

Get rid of it. I thought it was a one time thing, now it is happening all the time and it starts changing. Making it a pain in the *** to log in the *********** game. Please get rid of this crap , I have enough bullcrap and my own password and security questions, *** do I need this stupid thing?

Its added security for you against bad people.

you are right, i'm the first to say that! (read some post before).

But fortunatly i can install an android defice on my windows pc... so i have the security key for mobile... without a phone! XD

I'm laughing hysterically over here because I thought you were joking about the virtual Android and as such the APK standing for... uh... somethingorother probing kit. :eek:

But... knowing that you were serious... it's something for me to look into. :)

I'm laughing hysterically over here because I thought you were joking about the virtual Android and as such the APK standing for... uh... somethingorother probing kit. :eek:

But... knowing that you were serious... it's something for me to look into. :)

Yes is very usefull! The only problem is sometimes with the "correct number" that i wrote in my post.

But please feel free to ask me if you have any question ^^

Bioware really can't win.

Deal with it. Download the free app on your smartphone, or keep complaining until the physical keys are back in stock.

If they removed ANY levels of security (or allowed you to), they would be risking their own reputation as well. If your account was hacked, you'd probably come back screaming that Bioware didn't protect the accounts well enough.

I just don't understand the anger -- I always view more security as a good thing. If it is REALLY enough for you to unsubscribe, clearly you're angry about more than just the stupid security features. . .

Note: Not one single SWTOR account was ever hacked before this change. Not one.

:cool:

Troller Alert!!!

No, just sick to death of watching Andryah wave her "it's all good" flag alert.

Since the Security Key is supposed to be an OPTION, not a necessity, telling everyone who has problems with the ONE TIME PASSWORD to use it is not a valid solution, especially when people can't order the physical key (out of stock and not available outside of the U.S.) and may not have access to a smart phone to use the app.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar