The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it worth it?

trentman

just started a vanguard, only lvl 10 but I've been hearing a lot about nerds. I pvp a lot and tank for flash points but I don't want to start a class that is going to be nerfed. how will the nerfs affect a new vg like myself?

Vanguard dps and tank spec as well as the mirror classes will be perfectly viable for pvp and pve in 2.0. They do

outstanding dps and hold aggro very well. In fact, parses for Vanguard/PowerTech were the highest for dps of all

classes at one point.

Tanking as well would not be a problem. I healed a Tank spec PT in 2.0 and losing aggro was never an issue, tho to

be honest it never really was.

If the class is fun for you then play it. Don't worry about nerfs. I've been around for awhile and I've heard a ton about how this class or that class is over powered. How his class or that class will be nerfed, etc.

The differences usually aren't as huge as people make them out to be, and what is over-powered during one patch might be changed in another. The thing that matters the most is this: do you enjoy the class and game play? If so then go for it.