The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Recuperate

Evalyn

I was just thinking this! I would really love new out of combat health regen animations available in the cartel market, either as "items" or as cross-class unlocks. Especially with Force users, the default animations can seem quite out of place depending on if you are playing more light side or dark side. For example, I can't stand the regen animation on my Sith Warrior, who I play light side.

But please, make them ones that last for as long as the default does! I bought the Life Day Orb, and though it usually gets the job done, its shorter duration is disappointing and can be inconvenient at times.

Especially with Force users, the default animations can seem quite out of place depending on if you are playing more light side or dark side. For example, I can't stand the regen animation on my Sith Warrior, who I play light side.

I support this also. Would be great to be able to use my Jedi Knight's meditation on my Juggernaut alter ego.

I was just thinking this! I would really love new out of combat health regen animations available in the cartel market, either as "items" or as cross-class unlocks. Especially with Force users, the default animations can seem quite out of place depending on if you are playing more light side or dark side. For example, I can't stand the regen animation on my Sith Warrior, who I play light side.

But please, make them ones that last for as long as the default does! I bought the Life Day Orb, and though it usually gets the job done, its shorter duration is disappointing and can be inconvenient at times.

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was thinking too! My Sith is light side too. :)

As a Legacy Unlock, I would love this. As a Cartel market, not really. It seems like something suited to Legacy.

Although, I have a hard time imagining anyone else than the Trooper using the Reload animation (or Smuggler's "coin shooting")

As a Legacy Unlock, I would love this. As a Cartel market, not really. It seems like something suited to Legacy.

Although, I have a hard time imagining anyone else than the Trooper using the Reload animation (or Smuggler's "coin shooting")

Ah yes, that's where I got stuck too.

Force users are easy, but you need a gun for the smuggler and trooper. :/

Well, since Agents can already come up with a blaster out of nothing during cutscenes, I don't see a problem here :p

I would love to have the Jedi/Sith Recuperate animations available for all characters... might be out of character, but I just love them. I don't really like the animations of non-force-users.

I agree that it would fit most as a legacy unlock.

Good point you guys have there. As much as I would prefer alternate animations available via Legacy unlocks, I can see why that would be hard to add as the animations are only really interchangeable among Force users. :/

It would be easier in the Cartel market though I think, they could offer:

- Force user regen animations that are nearly identical to the default ones -- maybe a slightly different color, like a paler yellow/white for the Consular's and a more vivid one for the Inquisitor's, etc. These could be given as items that unlock an ability upon use and then vanish, much like pets and mounts. Allow each to be used by any Force using class.

- Non-Force user regen animations. Since not all no-Force users carry an appropriate gun, these would probably have to be an item like the Life Day Orb. It could be a small blaster (so you can imagine your character fits it in their pocket, even if they use a giant assault cannon) or a pocket knife that they twirl around idly. For the sake of balance, these would be non-Force user only.

- "All purpose" regen animations that do not involve any sort of weapon or Force display. These could be an item like the Life Day Orb, maybe a kolto pack your character is shown applying to themselves or something like that. Or, as an ability you unlock by using an item, they could simply be a sitting or resting animation of some sort, maybe even a non-glowy meditation type of thing.

Probably has some flaws, but hey, a girl can dream! :p

Edited by Gwena

Good point you guys have there. As much as I would prefer alternate animations available via Legacy unlocks, I can see why that would be hard to add as the animations are only really interchangeable among Force users. :/

It would be easier in the Cartel market though I think, they could offer:

- Force user regen animations that are nearly identical to the default ones -- maybe a slightly different color, like a paler yellow/white for the Consular's and a more vivid one for the Inquisitor's, etc. These could be given as items that unlock an ability upon use and then vanish, much like pets and mounts. Allow each to be used by any Force using class.

- Non-Force user regen animations. Since not all no-Force users carry an appropriate gun, these would probably have to be an item like the Life Day Orb. It could be a small blaster (so you can imagine your character fits it in their pocket, even if they use a giant assault cannon) or a pocket knife that they twirl around idly. For the sake of balance, these would be non-Force user only.

- "All purpose" regen animations that do not involve any sort of weapon or Force display. These could be an item like the Life Day Orb, maybe a kolto pack your character is shown applying to themselves or something like that. Or, as an ability you unlock by using an item, they could simply be a sitting or resting animation of some sort, maybe even a non-glowy meditation type of thing.

Probably has some flaws, but hey, a girl can dream! :p

Thanks so much for the reply! I really love the knife one! :D That would be awesome!

I really hope they see these posts! <3