Slicing

The_Soulcist

II have slicing on one of my alts - I probably don't make as much cash as some but there are a few ways.

1) Computer nodes out in the world. Quite a few of them and they are just free cash

2) Run lockbox missions - these give cash (slight profit) but also may quite often get you crew missions - these can sell for a decent amount of cash (depending on server could be 20K plus each)

3) Run the other missions (can't remember what they are called). These give components that can sell for decent credits (especially the purple ones)

II have slicing on one of my alts - I probably don't make as much cash as some but there are a few ways.

1) Computer nodes out in the world. Quite a few of them and they are just free cash

2) Run lockbox missions - these give cash (slight profit) but also may quite often get you crew missions - these can sell for a decent amount of cash (depending on server could be 20K plus each)

3) Run the other missions (can't remember what they are called). These give components that can sell for decent credits (especially the purple ones)

The first part of #2 is no longer accurate - at best you break even over the LONG haul. The benefit lockboxes offer is that the net credits spent is MUCH less than any other crew skill, so leveling costs a LOT less.

As for #3 it is only the purple sliced parts that sell at all, because every slicer is looking for them and so the blue quality sliced parts are over-supplied.

The first part of #2 is no longer accurate - at best you break even over the LONG haul. The benefit lockboxes offer is that the net credits spent is MUCH less than any other crew skill, so leveling costs a LOT less.

As for #3 it is only the purple sliced parts that sell at all, because every slicer is looking for them and so the blue quality sliced parts are over-supplied.

So really, slicing isn't useful as it once was then?

The blue quality t6 sliced parts sell for around 12k/stack to vendors if I remember right. Doesn't seem like much, but you'll accumulate loads of them and it's really the only viable thing to do with them since there's far too many on GTN to be sold.

All I have been doing is using my 50 for like weeklies and stuff, which I got up to about a max of 200-210k and that's just not enough... :(

Are you doing all the daily quests? Because Black Hole alone should generate about 150k. There is also Section X, Ilum , and Voss dailies to do.

The blue quality t6 sliced parts sell for around 12k/stack to vendors if I remember right. Doesn't seem like much, but you'll accumulate loads of them and it's really the only viable thing to do with them since there's far too many on GTN to be sold.

use them to make augments...that's what I do.

How do people use this crew skill to make a lot of money, from what I've hear - it's possible so I was wondering about this?

It doesn't work in a vacuum, but I've been using a couple of Slicers in conjunction with an Armstech, Armormech, and Synthweaver to make mid-range level Artifact Augments for secondary stats. Crits that reward me the Artifact Slicing mat also usually reward Augment schematics which I can also sell on the GTN, along with stacks of the Prototype mats which are free beer if they sell.

I'm not making credits hand over fist (I have Cybertechers to do that), but it's been enough so that all my Augment crafters are sitting over a million credits while not doing Dailies or anything else to make money.

Edited by AlixMV

Are you doing all the daily quests? Because Black Hole alone should generate about 150k. There is also Section X, Ilum , and Voss dailies to do.

Section X got me around 120-135k, and the Black Hole got me around 50-60-70k at most, which Black Hole is starting to get on my nerves. I didn't know Voss, and llum has dailies.

slicing is certainly not what is was in days long gone, but it is still very usefull to have and does make profit.

If my understanding of 2.0 is correct, then slicing will get a sort of nerf again.

Only two kind of the new high grad mats can be "produced" by sclicing, while bio and UT?? will have 4.

Those mats will sell like hot cakes i think.

I keep hearing Black Hole gives 100+k, but I haven't seen it, am I missing something there?

Section X got me around 120-135k, and the Black Hole got me around 50-60-70k at most, which Black Hole is starting to get on my nerves. I didn't know Voss, and llum has dailies.

I read a blogpost a few months ago suggesting Ilum has the highest credits/minute ratio of any of the 1.x Daily series, but the writer had a certain pattern worked out (Imperial-only) that I couldn't duplicate.

My favorite to do is Section X Imperial side. Soloing as a Tank, I can do everything but the HEROIC in about 45-50 minutes and it grants you 19 Daily Comms to boot, the highest number in the game for a single area.

I'm curious about these 'Voss Dailies'. I know there's now a WEEKLY tied in with four HEROICs that will grant Reputation, but I didn't think those were endgame dailies or that endgame dailies were introduced along the way. Did the OP mean Belsavis (the regular planet)?

Edited by AlixMV