Rage time

*** is wrong with Hoth!?!? I am trying to do the BH class quest(s). EVERY SINGLE time I die. I am FORCED to the medcenter. No matter where I am on this planet. I can't res where I am. I've reloaded the client. Something is seriously wrong with this planet. Now I have to fight my way back in again, because everything keeps respawning when I die. Putting in a ticket is useless. Customer service forums are useless.

Yes, I am QQragecrying. I am angry and I don't give a )(&()&& what the trolls thing.

/endrant

*** is wrong with Hoth!?!? I am trying to do the BH class quest(s). EVERY SINGLE time I die. I am FORCED to the medcenter. No matter where I am on this planet. I can't res where I am. I've reloaded the client. Something is seriously wrong with this planet. Now I have to fight my way back in again, because everything keeps respawning when I die. Putting in a ticket is useless. Customer service forums are useless.

Yes, I am QQragecrying. I am angry and I don't give a )(&()&& what the trolls thing.

/endrant

Try grouping up for quests.

I leveled on it a lot on the double XP weekends and never had a problem.

Times where medcenter rez is forced:

- If you jump/fall off a cliff (Hoth has a number of places where this might be a problem) then it won't offer local rez. This is to keep people from shortcutting around the planet by jumping off cliffs.

- F2P are limited to a number of rezs so this could be problem (but problaby not).

I actually encountered this issue on my Bounty Hunter this past weekend. This was inside class story instances, death from NPCs, and as a subscriber. So it does exist.

I actually encountered this issue on my Bounty Hunter this past weekend. This was inside class story instances, death from NPCs, and as a subscriber. So it does exist.

He never claimed it didn't exist.

And I can imagine that it will not let you respawn in the lava works for example

I think there are just a few missions in class story that are designed this way. I seem to remember two or three of these leveling my assassin.

Definitely shouldn't be for a whole planet, though.

I highly doubt that a conscious decision was made to make these areas unavailable for the medical droids. More likely is that a few class areas were forgotten to be flagged for their usage for whatever reason.

I am doing Fire and Ice. However, when I fell off a cliff and landed on a flat surface right be the entrance to said instance. I kept respawning back at the medcenter. Also all the mobs keep respawning eveyrtime I die. That can't be intended.

You can't use medical probes when you die due to falling.

Edited by CelCawdro

I am doing Fire and Ice. However, when I fell off a cliff and landed on a flat surface right be the entrance to said instance. I kept respawning back at the medcenter. Also all the mobs keep respawning eveyrtime I die. That can't be intended.

So... you're not actually IN the instance? Falling death leads to med center. Mobs outside of instances respawn regularly. This all sounds pretty normal to me. :t_confused:

If you're falling off a cliff then that's your problem, as my original post suggested. Why are you repeated falling off a cliff during the fight? (I leveled my BH ages ago and don't remember this quest).

Falling = no med center trip.

But as to the quest: yeah, it's a pretty big pain and the debuff sucks.

I ended up gaining an extra level or two and trying again - worked ok. I also avoided unnecessary mobs and went straight for the guy I was supposed to kill.

Yes, there are some quests that will always kick you out to a medcenter. I had particular issues with the final Sith Warrior class quest on Corellia. It only took three tries (as a Tank Juggernaut), but each one required a full run through the quest area.

Of course: that doesn't seem to be the case here: You seem to be dying outside the quest... due to falling damage.

Have you tried not jumping off cliffs? I haven't found any place in the game that required me to ever do it. If you're trying to take shortcuts and dying... maybe you should try not taking shortcuts?

The only way I can see having that many problems on Hoth is if you are underleveled. I had no problem on Hoth just a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to finish my leveling for my BH. I was only 2 levels above the zone on that planet and it wasn't a double xp weekend either. So check your level and your gear. If you are undergeared for the planet, it will chew you up.

No no no. That was happening as well. When I died in the instance it takes me back to the medcenter. I go back inside and all the mobs were respawned.

I've had this happen when I died during an instanced class quest. There was no medprobe and everything respawned.

/endrant

Two comments:

1) some class quests work like this (don't offer rez on location). It happens in instanced content. Don't know if it is a bug or intended. So it' takes you 2-3 minutes to get back to where you were... it's not the end of the world.

2) The forum is not your personal tissue-box to cry all over when virtual life is tough for you. Next time.. write on a piece of paper, wad it up in a ball, and toss it in the trash. Seriously... this general forum, not /rant-central-station.

Edited by Andryah

Should never have to group for class quests.

That being said, use your Heroic moment. It absolutely trivializes any fight.

When I was leveling my Merc, Hoth never seemed a problem and the only fight I needed my Heroic Moment for

was when I was rescuing my whiny BH wannabe comp :)

I've hit Hoth with all eight classes so far, and honestly, the BH was one of the easier ones :) Just make sure you're the right level for the planet quests and you should be fine (I used Mako for the heals).

Two comments:

1) some class quests work like this (don't offer rez on location). It happens in instanced content. Don't know if it is a bug or intended. So it' takes you 2-3 minutes to get back to where you were... it's not the end of the world.

2) The forum is not your personal tissue-box to cry all over when virtual life is tough for you. Next time.. write on a piece of paper, wad it up in a ball, and toss it in the trash. Seriously... this general forum, not /rant-central-station.

"GENERAL" forums. Means you can talk about anything, with in reason. Raging isn't against the rules. Being a d-bag is. No one forced you to read the post. It did say RAGE TIME. That's a pretty clear indication that I planned on griping about something.

Fail troll is fail. Good day to you sir.

Also, thanks for all the help everyone else.