The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 03: Lord Vitiate vs. Darth Plagueis

Aurbere

How exactly....?

I mean really I just can't think of any way Plagueis could pull off a win...would I root for him in the fight? maybe...but Vitiate is just so far beyond what Plagueis was into...I mean think about this.....Plagueis never achieved immortality despite spending his life trying....I'll grant you that he achieved a version of life one could consider near Immortal but he was not actually immortal. Meanwhile Darth Vitiate achieved complete death defying Immortality while still well into his youth.

Its not a fight I see Plagueis winning anyway other than a straight up assassination...because if it breaks out into open combat he has nothing to counter the sheer waves of power that Vitiate is capable of summoning.

What exactly are you asking how exactly to? :p

And that was the whole purpose of this thread, to discuss just that.... No point going into it again, if there was a point to sway his decision, it should have been made when he asked for it :/

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking how he made the right call in your opinion when Plagueis has nothing to counter Vitiate...and I only found and replied to this thread because I am killing time while waiting for ROTHC to download. Edited by JoeOrno

Mainly, the things out forward for plageus to be honest....

Many arguments were put forward for how plageus could kill vitiate, and they weren't ever really proved wrong, but not many arguments were put forward for how vitiate could win....

Vitiate's will may be stronger, but Plagueis is simply smarter, which is one of the reasons he won this.

Vitiate is more powerful, but Plagueis is faster and smarter. In a straight up fight, Vitiate has a huge advantage, but this isn't a straight up fight thanks to the environment.

And Selenial, my post in the home thread was in regard to Vitiate vs. someone else, but I changed it early on. I honestly didn't know who would win this one.

Vitiate's will may be stronger, but Plagueis is simply smarter, which is one of the reasons he won this.

Vitiate is more powerful, but Plagueis is faster and smarter. In a straight up fight, Vitiate has a huge advantage, but this isn't a straight up fight thanks to the environment.

And Selenial, my post in the home thread was in regard to Vitiate vs. someone else, but I changed it early on. I honestly didn't know who would win this one.

Ok well that makes more sense..Vitiate being assassinated is believable although one most note that he has great precognition compared to most other Force Users so Plagueis would have to strike fast and true without any flaw in his attack because if it falters for even a second Vitiate would completely turn the fight around.

Honestly I liked Plagueis and really enjoyed the book back when it came out...its just they apparently made Vitiate a God amongst men and called it a day. :rolleyes:

Exactly how was Plagueis mental skills more powerful than those of Vitiate who had the mental capacity to dominate dozens of Sith and Jedi alike and retain his sanity?

I like Plagueis but really...Vitiate would tear him down at range and assuming Plagueis gets close enough to use his lightsabers and assuming Vitiate isn't as proficient as Plagueis in saber combat...Vitiate is still going to be able to move away while constantly barraging Plagueis with smaller attacks...all in all even if Plagueis lands a mortal blow on Vitiate it won't kill him...not to mention the fact that if Plagueis lets down his guard for even a fraction of a second its over for him. In order to keep his pace in saber combat his mental guard WILL falter...Darth Bane was one of the most powerful martial fighters among the ranks of the Sith and even he lacked the capacity to press his opponent martially while keeping his mind completely shielded. * Which led to his defeat at the hands of Darth Zannah.*

I would also like to point out that Darth Bane was almost without a doubt stronger than Plagueis in the ways of saber combat...and Darth Vitiate is without a single doubt stronger than Darth Zannah in the ways of the Force....yet Zannah beat Bane.

Vitiate wins this...Plagueis just doesn't bring anything to the table that counters Vitiates sheer power.

Yeah, this is pretty much the situation we're looking at here. It's silly to think that Plagueis will be able to just power through Vitiate's attacks and ignore his mental domination and eventually emerge victorious.

Mainly, the things out forward for plageus to be honest....

Many arguments were put forward for how plageus could kill vitiate, and they weren't ever really proved wrong, but not many arguments were put forward for how vitiate could win....

Alright, that is just a simplistic thing to say. The only argument for Plagueis was "He'll stab Vitiate with his lightsaber, because he's really fast and might not die from lightning!"

The arguments for Vitiate were:

He's flattened numerous force users with his lightning and dominated the minds of thousands of powerful Force users who are at least the equal of Plagueis. His lightsaber skills are adequate for short term defense at the very least, and his mastery of the dark side is almost unfathomable after centuries of study.

Really, I'm kind of annoyed at Beni for talking up Plagueis so much. He's not that impressive or accomplished. Most of the information on his combat abilities comes from a single confrontation with non force using assassins that he barely lived through anyways. His one credited kill in a duel is the partially trained apprentice of Tenebrous, "Darth" Venamis.

The basis for this outcome seems to be that lightsaber mastery overwhelms all else, which is just silly. Power and knowledge over the Force will crush an inferior Force User nine times out of ten, just ask Yoda or Sidious.

The mere possibility that Plagueis could survive Vitiate's attacks seems to have outweighed numerous advantages, the least of which is PRECOGNITION. That's a pretty essential component of lightsaber combat, which can only partially be compensated for with extreme speed.

Add to this the supposition that Plagueis can withstand Vitiate's incredibly powerful telekinetic attacks and lightning barrages without any room to evade, and that his respirator will also hold up during the "lengthy" fight, and it appears that the entire argument for Plagueis' victory revolves around Beni making a very big deal out of Plagueis' performance against Non Force Users. Very disappointing outcome, even though I hate both of these characters, and can understand the desire to downplay a clearly overpowered character like Vitiate.... there's still the fact that he's tremendously overpowered!

I stole it from some disney show my kids watch. I was sitting here playing swtor with them watching tv in the living room and I had to make them rewind it. I laughed so hard. Gravity Falls is the name of the show.

Heh, nice. I wouldn't have expected something like that off the Disney channel, although they do have a long tradition of inserting subtle jokes and asides to keep the adults entertained while the kids are watching.

I just want to remind everyone that I did not make this decision lightly. This was a very hard decision to make. I understand that the outcome will upset some of you, but the decision has been made.

Truthfully, it could have gone either way, but I had to choose the most likely victor.

By the time Plagueis is done fighting thru Vitiate minions and his Wrath he will be... already dead. But if he does make to Vitiate, whilst I think Vitiate will straight on wipe the floor with Plagueis, it comes down to planning and the Force. The will of the Force wins this round.