Armor with effects

Flintfire

I had an idea that i thought was cool. Armor that actually does stuff. All of these would be moddable so all levels could use them. For example:

Kolto Armoring: Every ten seconds heals randomly from 1% to 5% of max health. Increases healing output and healing recieved slightly.

Insolating Armor: All energy attack damage recieved is lowered by 5%.

Conductive Armor: All energy attack damage you put out is increased by 5%.

Rejuvenating armor: Increases rate of recovering your resource pool.

Pure Durasteel Armor: Lowers kinetic damage by 5%.

Terentatek Hide Armor (for non force users): Increases damge you deal against force users such as sith and jedi and lower damage they deal to you slightly.

Flexible Blastproof Armor (for force users): Increases your damage against foes such as troopers, bounty hunters, agents and smugglers, and decreases damage from blaster fire slightly.

Cortosis Energy- Dampening Armor: Blaster fire and lightsaber attacks have decreased damage.

Comments? Questions?

The only way this would be a good idea is if they make augments that add those stats, not actual gear.

If they release specific armor that has those effects, they would destroy whatever is left of the market for Synthweavers and Armormechs, it would essentially make all other gear useless and would negate the whole "look the way you want" idea behind Orange gear. And I'm not even going to talk about the fact that Cartel Market will either die off or start a new round of complaining and "P2W!P2W!" comments.

Edited by TheNahash

I kind of like the idea of additional things in augments. Reminds me of TERA with crystals - you had a lot of different crystals for different things like PvP, PvE, damage against weak monsters, damage against normals, damage against strong, damage against elite, etc etc. It made it so that you had to change crystals for different situations, which was interesting.

Use unique augments that fit in the upgraded augmentation slots (the lowest slot in the user interface). So we're not talking about mods, enhancements, armor rings, blaster barrels or lightsaber hilts, but the augmentation kit slots that have a chance of appearing on an item or can be added via augmentation kits.

When you add a certain augmentation to the gear, the effect of that augmentation type should apply a colored graphic effect or insignia to the augmented gear item. For example, the medic augment could add a medical insignia to the chest plate or make it glow green.

Edited by SilentWave