/Salute Eric Musco

Drebs

Wut???

General forum is the only place people read things... I didn't know where he was going with that either. If he meant the SUGGESTION BOX forum, well that's another story. That's where threads go to die and be forgotten. (Look at the view counts on most of threads there, it's pathetic compared to General forums)

Sidenote: Reid is over at Marvel Heroes... He has been since the exodus of the original dev team from this game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be our continued goal to communicate as often and transparent as we can. Know that we can't always answer anything and everything but we will do our best.

-eric

First, kudos to Amber and Courtney as well. We don't mean to exclude them.

Can I ask Eric, is this something YOU have decided to be a goal as the Community Manager, or has this been the 'policy' of the previous CMs as well? (transparent and great communication)

This is obviously something you seem truly 100% dedicated to, so much so, that I get the impression that this must be your idea and your goals for yourself. You don't simply say you'll do more, you actually DO IT! I'm just curious if this was a goal you had personally set for the Community Team?

If dramatic improvement means burying an entire APAC community's future in the general forum that hardly any player actually reads....it's worse than I feared.

Although I agree with you guys in concept, it's 100% better to hear the answer you don't want - then not hear anything at all.

Great job Eric/Courtney/Amber. Hope the people managing you allow you to continue to be this active.

I agree with TUXs. :D

TGIF!!! I must be off this week, because we (almost) never agree...;)

You know what's funny, Eric probably plays a bigger role in our agreeing more lately, than he knows. Since Eric's arrival, he's given this community the one thing that no other CM had...HOPE! He talks about the future, he sets realistic expectations, he answers questions -even ones we wanted a different answer to, he teases us with promos...we start looking to the future with optimism, not the negative uncertainty we were plagued with for over a year. I feel the entire forums have become a better place recently and I think it's reflected in many posters.

We still have some negative posts, people still have problems, bugs still exist...all of the same issues are still here...the difference is that Eric actually TELLS us they're aware of it, or that it's not coming now, but in 2.0, or whatever. Communication...It's really that simple. People just seem more hopeful lately (generally).

Edited by TUXs

TGIF!!! I must be off this week, because we (almost) never agree...;)

You know what's funny, Eric probably plays a bigger role in our agreeing more lately, than he knows. Since Eric's arrival, he's given this community the one thing that no other CM had...HOPE! He talks about the future, he sets realistic expectations, he answers questions -even ones we wanted a different answer to, he teases us with promos...we start looking to the future with optimism, not the negative uncertainty we were plagued with for over a year. I feel the entire forums have become a better place recently and I think it's reflected in many posters.

We still have some negative posts, people still have problems, bugs still exist...all of the same issues are still here...the difference is that Eric actually TELLS us they're aware of it, or that it's not coming now, but in 2.0, or whatever. Communication...It's really that simple. People just seem more hopeful lately (generally).

That's a huge change. "Yep, that's a bug and we plan to deploy the fix in patch _____." The first time he did it stunned me to silence for a moment because it had never been done before in this game. Really, that's an indictment of the previous communication style, but still it's good to see.

I unsubbed awhile back and the reason I resubbed was the noticeable increase in communication from the "Powers that Be" to the players.

Thanks Eric, Courtney, and Amber for staying positive and the effort you put forth to communicate with us.

The people highlighted in yellow need to be reading this thread IMO, if they are not already doing so. :)

I absolutely am reading this thread. Though I don't typically post, I do frequently read the forums. Not only will I allow them to continue to be this active, I strongly encourage it. :D

• Dev Post
First, kudos to Amber and Courtney as well. We don't mean to exclude them.

Can I ask Eric, is this something YOU have decided to be a goal as the Community Manager, or has this been the 'policy' of the previous CMs as well? (transparent and great communication)

This is obviously something you seem truly 100% dedicated to, so much so, that I get the impression that this must be your idea and your goals for yourself. You don't simply say you'll do more, you actually DO IT! I'm just curious if this was a goal you had personally set for the Community Team?

It is absolutely something I decided as Community Manager, yes. Some have mentioned to look at my history and how I got here and I actually agree, I think some of my background is why I try to communicate in this way with all of you.

For those that don't know my history, I have actually been following SWTOR since day one. My friend and I started what was literally, the first SWTOR dedicated fan site and podcast. I did that for two and a half years before being hired here. I know what it is like on your end, waiting to get information from BioWare, waiting to get your questions answered.

I try to be aware of that every day and to communicate with all of you the way I would want to be communicated with as a player.

-eric

I absolutely am reading this thread. Though I don't typically post, I do frequently read the forums. Not only will I allow them to continue to be this active, I strongly encourage it. :D

Whoa...there's a name...dating back to Wing Commander...

You did well with putting Eric here Grant, and you've had an amazing career. Thank you for letting us know you're reading :)

I have been here since christmas 2010 before launch and i dont care what anybody say, Musco is

the best community manager this MMO have ever had ! Eric actually talks to the community like a human.

Sean Dahlberg was a great guy in communicating but we never saw what he could do post launch.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

To be fair, he is just doing his job though. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, but I am under the impression being the company's link to the community is the job of the community team.

Not saying we shouldn't appreciate someone doing their job though. Musco and co. is doing an increasingly good job and that's worthy of recognition.

To be fair, he is just doing his job though. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, but I am under the impression being the company's link to the community is the job of the community team.

While true... I think you are missing a key point of human nature:

Showing gratitude > then taking someone for granted.

Edited by Andryah

This thread has to be a troll...

Actual crafting complaints threads :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=611760

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=613337

-> nothing.

Stupid thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612212 -> stupid post.

Yeah, great... should I say not only this proves the OP is wrong but this very post just feels insulting for those who actually really like to craft to be useful and not for some unneeded credits selling gear on par with what vendors sell if not worse?

I remember long, long ago (Guild summit #1?)... someone pretended to aim for a solid IG economy, is that what you call a solid IG economy, seriously?

-> nothing.

Stupid thread : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612212 -> stupid post.

Yeah, great... should I say not only this proves the OP is wrong but this very post just feels insulting for those who actually really like to craft to be useful and not for some unneeded credits selling gear on par with what vendors sell if not worse?

I remember long, long ago (Guild summit #1?)... someone pretended to aim for a solid IG economy, is that what you call a solid IG economy, seriously?

Did you lose your way while crossing the troll bridge...? Seems like you're in the wrong thread...

-> nothing.

Just because you feel what you consider to be important issues goes ignored does not make the OP a troll. Nor does it make someone's threads or replies "stupid". This thread has nothing to do with what you try bringing into it...

Edited by Pscyon

Did you lose your way while crossing the troll bridge...? Seems like you're in the wrong thread...

I'm not in the wrong thread, I point the OP is wrong with an example.

As a community manager, your job isn't to show up as soon as someone say something positive and hide when you could at least explain why you "break" something and what the plans are in the long run.

I'm not in the wrong thread, I point the OP is wrong with an example.

As a community manager, your job isn't to show up as soon as someone say something positive and hide when you could at least explain why you "break" something and what the plans are in the long run.

Honestly recent design decisions and the reasoning behind them have been communicated very well by Eric, Courtney and Amber. Just because one may not agree with an explanation or reasoning, does not mean it has not been communicated well.

honestly recent design decisions and the reasoning behind them have been communicated very well by eric, courtney and amber. Just because one may not agree with an explanation or reasoning, does not mean it has not been communicated well.

qft :)

-> nothing.

Did I miss something here, I didn't see the op mention anything about crafting, I think you clicked reply on the wrong thread.