Thanks for the Double XP - I'm Bored - I QUIT

Huckili

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post :)

Why is optional double xp weekend so bad idea? The game wasnt ment to be played on double xp anyways. And some of us want to do heroics, space missions and all that stuff without being badly over leveled. You get the choice to use it or not.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is optional double xp weekend so bad idea? The game wasnt ment to be played on double xp anyways. And some of us want to do heroics, space missions and all that stuff without being badly over leveled. You get the choice to use it or not.

Why is being overleveled bad?

I get the fact that the guy wants to experience everything on one toon. The completionist bug.

I've done the same on my JK main and on the main imp BH alt. Done all the quests, explored all the maps, grabbed the datacrons. With other alts I went through the path of least resistance, lvling via space missions, pvp, class quests, FPs etc. But on my 2 mains I do a "complete run" of all new content. They're my "main canon" characters. They save the planets and rescue all of the kittens off all of the trees while at the same time other toons just do their class story bits. I had issues getting greyed out quests before legacy XP boosts, due to bonus series on some planets, so I can see how double XP on top of that would wreak havoc on a completionist run. You may want to experience the content but you also want a bit of reward for it.

Having said that, it's easy to circumvent the problem. Roll an alt and jest level that as fast as possible to experience the class story. I don't think you want to do all the content on all your toons do you?

Edited by aeterno

Answer my question first and ill answer yours. :p

Nothing wrong with it. It's just pointless. You want to do heroics? Then do heroics. You want to do every little mission? Then do it. No one is stopping you AND you'll be able to breeze though them with ease. A win on both counts.

Curly Bill Brocius says,

Well, ...bye

I'm sure someone with common sense could have found a way to avoid leveling too fast for double XP. Then one without common sense to turn around and try to blame it on others. Most people would just do the simple,fast class missions for the story since they're the main attraction and call it a day.

You know what? I don't want your stinkin' double xp! If biowares will continue with this BS I swear I'll quit :mad:

Wanna know something funny? In one thread I've been in today, there are people asking for insta-50s. In another thread (This one) there are people asking for it to take longer to get to 50. Bioware just can't win.

Wanna know something funny? In one thread I've been in today, there are people asking for insta-50s. In another thread (This one) there are people asking for it to take longer to get to 50. Bioware just can't win.

They can win by NOT FORCING their bright new ideas on everyone. Everything was fine then BAM "you will play now as we, the smartest developers in the industry, command!" At least they should provide option to level in a "classic" mode.

Edited by Zjabin

You must be trolling... or joking OP. So... let's see... if you quit now? You will be gone for about a week to 10 days right? Then patch 2.0 hits. So... then what... no more dbl xp weekends... new skill trees, new comms, new achievement system and you will be what still on hiatus? LOL!

Take it squeezy brother but I don't think you are quitting. But prove me wrong.

Edited by Rafaman

No offense OP, but instead of doing grey quests why dont you just do the class quests untill they take you to a planet where the quests are yellow?

This ^. There is a few ways for the QQs to work around this massive uber xp issue. No reason to flood the forums with rants. I hate to be a jerk but I really wish everyone that raged like this really would quit. We'd be left with a more competent community.

(4) Don't play the character I want to play - just play another one

5) Continue to make excuse after excuse. Either stop whining over something that was done as a gift to the players or just go away. All you have done so far is whine like a 4yr old and give excuse after excuse as to why you can't play. People have given you viable options. Either suck it up like a big boy; stop whining and play on; or just go ahead and quit and forego the prattling thread.

I remember at launch on my very first toon I wanted to do every single side quest for "story"

I dont remember any of them. They are all insignificant to the bigger picture. So yeah, I recommend skipping them if your over leveled cause your just gonna forget about them after a day anyways. Except the primary planet chain, every side quest is just helping some random nobody do some random nothing. Its in the game to help people level up with bare minimum context to not make it a text quest like other MMOs. Stop doing them, trust me you won't give a **** in the long run. Just do your class quest and the primary planet chains and you will not over-level.

I understand the argument, and thus I understand the flaw. You guys are missing the point that those optional quests are specifically made to help people level, to give you extra options for gaining experience. There is more content in the game then experience needed, if you do all of it then you will over-level, regardless of double xp. That is working as intended. Either pick which content you like most and stay at the right level, or go ahead and do everything but accept that, by design, you will be over-leveled. End of story.

It doesn't even baffle me anymore that people will literally complain about anything. This is one of the most generous things Bio have done in this game, allowing you to get to the significant content faster and skip the insignificant grind fluff, and people still find reason to complain. Its just par the course I guess.

And that arguement would be trivial and nitpicking in the EXTREME. Just get over it. It's beyond obvious you're not interested in being reasonable, you're interested in self absorbed whining. A friend in another MMO used to have a sig which said: "If the game spit out 20 dollar bills, some people would complain that the serial numbers weren't in order."

This is you.

You pretty much nailed it.

These threads really amaze me.

So many people that have nothing constructive to say and just keep repeating the same offensive lines over and over.

Why do you get so worked up and aggressive just because some of us want the option to NOT have our weekends ruined four weeks in a row?

And before you start the same rant all over again.

No - I don't want to skip content, I like playing the game. That means spending time in the game doing stuff.

If I skip whole planets to try and keep up with my xp I will hit 50 a lot sooner and run out of things to do.

I am not even the slightest interested in grinding for gear. I'd rather run around some planet for the nth time.

And just because you don't want the same thing doesn't give you the right to be rude to me.

And no - I prefer if my quests and mobs aren't all grey, going through these planets with absolutely no challenge at all actually makes them boring.

Very few of us have attacked your way of playing, most of us only ask for a way to opt out ourselves - and people act as if we're trying to steal their candy. Or worse, call us idiots simply because we don't want to play the game the way YOU do.

Is it that hard to read and comprehend what we're actually saying? Really?

So the content you skip on this toon you play though in your next toon when double xp is not in place, dear god what a travesty. Its like your being forced to not play, are you ok?

Edited by Hyfy

These threads really amaze me.

So many people that have nothing constructive to say and just keep repeating the same offensive lines over and over.

Why do you get so worked up and aggressive just because some of us want the option to NOT have our weekends ruined four weeks in a row?

And before you start the same rant all over again.

No - I don't want to skip content, I like playing the game. That means spending time in the game doing stuff.

If I skip whole planets to try and keep up with my xp I will hit 50 a lot sooner and run out of things to do.

I am not even the slightest interested in grinding for gear. I'd rather run around some planet for the nth time.

And just because you don't want the same thing doesn't give you the right to be rude to me.

And no - I prefer if my quests and mobs aren't all grey, going through these planets with absolutely no challenge at all actually makes them boring.

Very few of us have attacked your way of playing, most of us only ask for a way to opt out ourselves - and people act as if we're trying to steal their candy. Or worse, call us idiots simply because we don't want to play the game the way YOU do.

Is it that hard to read and comprehend what we're actually saying? Really?

Put simply...Yes. It is that hard to comprehend what you're saying, when what you're saying is to ask for the game to be changed on your behalf when you are A) plainly the tiniest of minorities whose preferences run contrary to the vast majority of the playerbase and B) your basic problem can quickly, obviously, and simply be solved by either not playing during the weekends, or using an alt. And you refuse to do either. These are not unreasoable solutions. Asking for the game to be changed and reprogrammed, (go ahead, say it's an easy change I dare you. A hundred programmers will tell you there is no such thing as an easy change to an MMO's game code) to accomodate you when you're unwilling to make even the smallest of compromises to avoid the need for such is unreasonable.

Bottom line, the OP's complaint is the essence of self absorbed whinning over first world problems. Rejecting the multiple easy, obvious fixes to his problem is the height of unreasonable inflexibility. I really do have a hard time fathoming that someone can actually be that rediculous, so don't come in here trying to spin things the other way.

ok, you want a cookie?

i dont get why ppl need to broadcast these following threads

"OMG IM QQING CUZ OF[X]"

"OMG IM COMING BACK CUZ OF [X]"

OMG IM STAYING CUZ OF [X]"

and so forth

i when i left, i didnt need to make a thread why i QQed and when i came back, i didnt make a thread why i resubbed because ultimately, i know that...noone will seriously care and tbh we dont.

not trolling, i mean tired of seeing these pro and con swtor threads.

if you like the game, cool keep it to your self

if you hate the game,cool just keep it to yourself

seriously keep it to yourself, noone give a **** :rolleyes:

Edited by astrobearx

I get the fact that the guy wants to experience everything on one toon. The completionist bug.

I've done the same on my JK main and on the main imp BH alt. Done all the quests, explored all the maps, grabbed the datacrons. With other alts I went through the path of least resistance, lvling via space missions, pvp, class quests, FPs etc. But on my 2 mains I do a "complete run" of all new content. They're my "main canon" characters. They save the planets and rescue all of the kittens off all of the trees while at the same time other toons just do their class story bits. I had issues getting greyed out quests before legacy XP boosts, due to bonus series on some planets, so I can see how double XP on top of that would wreak havoc on a completionist run. You may want to experience the content but you also want a bit of reward for it.

Having said that, it's easy to circumvent the problem. Roll an alt and jest level that as fast as possible to experience the class story. I don't think you want to do all the content on all your toons do you?

I suggested rolling an Alt for the event. Wasn't good enough for him. Other people gave other viable options, none are good enough for him. So as far as I'm concerned he's whining for the sake of whining. He will come up with an excuse as to why any other option either won't work or isn't good enough for him. So as far as I'm concerned he doesn't want a way solve the issue he wants to whine and cry about everything so people give him attention. So if he can't be ****ed to help himself then why should anyone else be bothered to?

Edited by Hyfy

OP,

Back in the day, people would have been happy to be overleveled.

I'm still confused on why overleveling is some sort of scarlet letter with this community. If you are not here for the story, this game was the wrong choice for you.

Oh and OP, RotHC comes out next week for a lot of people...do you quit for what....a couple days lol? :rolleyes:

i think alot of ppl who is QQing over the double exp are high level (47-49) pvp players who dont want to level up to 50 because they will lose their premades via pre 50s

granted this isnt everyone that doesnt want double exp , but i bet a pretty penny that the loudest anti DB xp are those ppl