Ladies Looking For A Community

chickdrummer

Red Shoe Rebels, a mainly COD clan, has now opened it's doors to the PC side and is now accepting applications for girls wanting to play with other girls. We currently have several girls that play everything from WoW to LoL to SWTOR. If you would like to join, go to http://www.redshoerebels.com and apply! Hope to see you on there! There are a couple of girls in the PC division that play on The Harbinger (including myself).

-chickdrummer88, PC Leader

Edited by chickdrummer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does being female have anything to do with anything? Other than seeking attention, that is.

Playing with a female group can often be a very different experience. Things tend to be a bit more mellow, with less of the testosterone pumped "kill everything as fast as possible" attitude found in other groups. It's about having fun while we game rather than having things constantly revolving around one upsmanship and crudeness. Your reply to the OP is an example of the "you're only trying to seek attention" type of drama we seek to avoid.

- Vixen, formerly of PMS Clan, [*Girlz*] clan, -=GG=- clan, Femme Fatale guild, and the Sorority guild.

Playing with a female group can often be a very different experience. Things tend to be a bit more mellow, with less of the testosterone pumped "kill everything as fast as possible" attitude found in other groups. It's about having fun while we game rather than having things constantly revolving around one upsmanship and crudeness. Your reply to the OP is an example of the "you're only trying to seek attention" type of drama we seek to avoid.

- Vixen, formerly of PMS Clan, [*Girlz*] clan, -=GG=- clan, Femme Fatale guild, and the Sorority guild.

While the "upsmanship and crudeness" is more common among men in MMOs, it's mostly because the population is predominantly male so this behavior is more prevalent among that gender. I've played with men and women who were too competitive or "testosterone pumped" for me.

I'm not trying to say the women share equal behavior ratio to men, but just that there are plenty of guys who just want to have fun too. It just takes a little extra effort, or luck, to find those men.

EDIT: Also, I think you were looking to post in this section.

Edited by AngelFluttershy

While the "upsmanship and crudeness" is more common among men in MMOs, it's mostly because the population is predominantly male so this behavior is more prevalent among that gender. I've played with men and women who were too competitive or "testosterone pumped" for me.

I'm not trying to say the women share equal behavior ratio to men, but just that there are plenty of guys who just want to have fun too. It just takes a little extra effort, or luck, to find those men.

EDIT: Also, I think you were looking to post in this section.

I think that it's more prevalent because many men find crudeness to be funny, and thus acceptable, behavior.

We're different. Saying that doesn't imply that we're better, but rather that we may prefer a more atypical play style.

In the past I've been involved in both all-female and coed gaming clans and guilds. I much prefer all-female groups, but just not sure that I can dedicate the time necessary to join a guild in this game. That's why none of my SWTOR characters are in guilds.

I think that it's more prevalent because many men find crudeness to be funny, and thus acceptable, behavior.

We're different. Saying that doesn't imply that we're better, but rather that we may prefer a more atypical play style.

In the past I've been involved in both all-female and coed gaming clans and guilds. I much prefer all-female groups, but just not sure that I can dedicate the time necessary to join a guild in this game. That's why none of my SWTOR characters are in guilds.

Well, we aren't a guild so much as a community. There are only a couple of girls in RsR that play SWTOR. It's mainly Call Of Duty clan. I happen to play COD, but enjoy playing games on the PC more. I helped open the PC division. Just looking for ladies that want to talk or play together.

I found your post both rude and condescending and although I understand you did not mean it that way it still comes across that way so an insult is an insult. I actually support all girl guilds/clans as I think both genders can find something meaningful in having a single sex guild but your post does not in anyway do it justice instead it invites ridicule. Anyways as I am a man this was not meant for me I will go on my merry way and try not to hold it against this guild/clan.

Get over it. She has the right to share her experience, if that is how she felt, why do you think you have the right to be offended by it? It's not personal, it's not about you. If her experience bothers you, instead of making it personal and getting insulted, try to be a little empathetic, and call out your friends when you see and hear him doing the sort of **** she has to experience. Try to make the game a place where that experience won't happen, so you won't have to hear it and get insulted.

As a gay man, I can understand why a guild or community like this can exist. I started this game in Rough Trade/Taint which are an LGBTQ focused guild community. I left it as my focus is in pvp and wanted to find other like-minded people to fully enjoy the game.

My guild now is mostly straight men, and some of the **** they say to women and about other women is just repulsive sometimes. Sorry if any of you are reading this. I think a lot of guys just don't realize how much space they take and how aggressive they are sometimes. I don't think it's always intentional, but it is what it is.

I found your post both rude and condescending and although I understand you did not mean it that way it still comes across that way so an insult is an insult. I actually support all girl guilds/clans as I think both genders can find something meaningful in having a single sex guild but your post does not in anyway do it justice instead it invites ridicule. Anyways as I am a man this was not meant for me I will go on my merry way and try not to hold it against this guild/clan.

I'm sorry if you were offended by my post(s). That certainly wasn't my intent. In my opinion, we all have our own play styles and preferences which can often be defined along gender lines. (Based solely on my personal life observations over the past several decades) As in real life, men often group with guys, and the ladies group with other women. It's not bad, it's just how things are. I love guys, I just don't share many of the same interests, and often found that groups of guys tend to lead to a more aggressive environment in which I don't quite fit.

All of my stated opinions are my own, and as one who is not affiliated with the OP or her group, there is no reason to hold any ill feelings towards her of this guild. To the OP, I apologize for derailing the thread subject,

Best wishes,

~V~

Get over it. She has the right to share her experience, if that is how she felt, why do you think you have the right to be offended by it? It's not personal, it's not about you. If her experience bothers you, instead of making it personal and getting insulted, try to be a little empathetic, and call out your friends when you see and hear him doing the sort of **** she has to experience. Try to make the game a place where that experience won't happen, so you won't have to hear it and get insulted.

As a gay man, I can understand why a guild or community like this can exist. I started this game in Rough Trade/Taint which are an LGBTQ focused guild community. I left it as my focus is in pvp and wanted to find other like-minded people to fully enjoy the game.

My guild now is mostly straight men, and some of the **** they say to women and about other women is just repulsive sometimes. Sorry if any of you are reading this. I think a lot of guys just don't realize how much space they take and how aggressive they are sometimes. I don't think it's always intentional, but it is what it is.

First off you don't get to decide when I can be offended *** face. I do. Did you even read my post before you commented on it or did you just jump on that high horse and have a go. I say I support the a guild of only women or men did you get that. You know why? Because I know many organizations and people that find a meaningful experience in game and in real life with members of just one sex or sexual orientation. I know members of the Stonewall Legacy and if I was not in my guild I would be honored to be part of theirs. Instead you don't know me, you make an assumption that I am crude and or rude to women which is exactly what upset me. How about I go and make some crappy assumptions about gay men and post them then tell you that you don't have the right to be offended? How would you like that? You just like to throw assumptions around then say well it is true sometimes yeah that's really grownup of you. Do you like it when people judge you based on just your sexual orientation? Well hell thanks for judging me based on my sex. This is the last time I will come on this thread as it is derailing it but thanks for the prejudice and hate. Always a pleasure.

To Ladyvx I am going to change my post as I know understand better how you meant it thank you for posting.

How does an all healer guild work?

Oh my god I laughed so hard, yet its so true.

I have met ONE tanking lady though, unfortunately she was awful at it. I have met several good healing ladies though :o

Good luck on finding a community/guild to the OP.

this is all i saw.. >_>

Yeah, took me a second to get past that myself. Hahaha

If I was staying with this game, I would join. Would have been interesting to play in a different environment, especially with someone from the PMS Clan! My older brother had me read some articles on who they were and what they were about; I can't find the article now...but it had something to do with charity events as well as game contests. I think it was his way of getting me into games even further.

"Look, other girls play! Now pick up that damn controller and be Player 2! COVER ME!"

If I was staying with this game, I would join. Would have been interesting to play in a different environment, especially with someone from the PMS Clan! My older brother had me read some articles on who they were and what they were about; I can't find the article now...but it had something to do with charity events as well as game contests. I think it was his way of getting me into games even further.

"Look, other girls play! Now pick up that damn controller and be Player 2! COVER ME!"

How time have changed. I know back in the 90's video games were mainly a male activity. It seems like in the last 10 years a lot has changed with cell phones and computers being accessible and more girls started playing video games. I guess the old barbie dolls and cars are starting to get old considering even small kids know how to use a computer and cell phone. Plus have easy access to video games as result of just possessing a cell phone or computer. Thus, I would imagine regardless if your male/female that you would try out video games just because you can at some point.

Oh my god I laughed so hard, yet its so true.

I have met ONE tanking lady though, unfortunately she was awful at it. I have met several good healing ladies though :o

Good luck on finding a community/guild to the OP.

I tank and I'm one of the best in my guild.

Well, I'm looking for ladies that play PC games in general and want to find other girls to group up with. Doesn't have to be just SWTOR.