The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tracer Missile.

Kaedusz

I suggest an item be added in the Consumables or Cosmetics section.

Tracer Missile animation change.

When you right click it(consume it) ,if you are playing a mercenary your tracer missile animation would change to the old one(where the missile launches from your back).When you buy another and click it again it would change back to the current one.

I for one would pay many thousands cartel points for this and i think many mercenaries would buy it also.Besides i don't think it would be hard to implement.

If it is too much confusing for other players(though i doubt it) perhaps it can be made to appear different only for the player using it and for everybody else it would seem like they are using the normal animation(the wrist one).

Edited by Kaedusz

I suggest an item be added in the Consumables/Cosmetics section.

Tracer Missile animation change.

When you right click it(consume it) ,if you are playing a mercenary your tracer missile animation would change to the old one(where the missile launches from your back).When you buy another and click it again it would change back to the current one.

I for one would pay many thousands cartel points for this and i think many mercenaries would buy it also.Besides i don't think it would be hard to implement.

You have this already its fusion missile. you cant have the same animation for 2 abilities.

That's why it would be in the cartel market not in the original game.But if it is too much of a problem,perhaps this item would swap their animations.Or have another consumable/item that changes the Fusion Missile animation too. Edited by Kaedusz

You have this already its fusion missile. you cant have the same animation for 2 abilities.

Why not? I'd pay to have my Fusion Missle have Tracer Missle animation, as long as it didn't switch them, just have Fusion Missile launch from the arm instead of the back.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people would want the old animation back??? It was so ridiculously absurd looking for something that is such an important and a core ability to its spec. You want it as a CM item, fine because it won't affect me at all but I can't see why someone would spend RL money to look that absolutely absurd.

Mercs just want to bend over in a pooping animation to use tracer. No clue why.

Because its a more awesome to launch your missile from your back,with a cool badas$ sound effect?If you can figure out another way to launch a missile from your back without bending a little without your head being blown up,please share it.

but I can't see why someone would spend RL money to look that absolutely absurd.

belive me,there are enough of them ,for EA/Bioware to make a buck.I wouldn't have posted this in the cartel market section without asking a bunch of people.

Also when/if people get tired of it,they can spend money again to bring back current animation and vise versa.

What i find absurd is to have an important major skill point ability to look so uninteresting and boring with zero sound effect.

Edited by Kaedusz

As a Arsenal Merc I would like to say. Please for the love of god do not change the Tracer Missile animation again. It's fine the way it is. As of now it differs from both Fusion Missile and Heatseeker Missile. Gone are the days of 100% Tracer Missile spam. Though it is still used a lot due to the Arsenal Talent tree for those every wanted Heat Sigs and Tracer Locks. It is a used ability for Rail Shot, Heatseeker Missile, and reproc of unload.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people would want the old animation back??? It was so ridiculously absurd looking for something that is such an important and a core ability to its spec. You want it as a CM item, fine because it won't affect me at all but I can't see why someone would spend RL money to look that absolutely absurd.

You mean this:

Because its a more awesome to launch your missile from your back,with a cool badas$ sound effect?If you can figure out another way to launch a missile from your back without bending a little without your head being blown up,please share it.

belive me,there are enough of them ,for EA/Bioware to make a buck.I wouldn't have posted this in the cartel market section without asking a bunch of people.

Also when/if people get tired of it,they can spend money again to bring back current animation and vise versa.

What i find absurd is to have an important major skill point ability to look so uninteresting and boring with zero sound effect.

It doesn't look boring shooting from your arm like it does now, its a vast improvement. Absurd is bending over constantly so you can't see your target and shoot something blindly. And heatseekers shoot off just fine from your back go over the head and lock o to the target, if it was that animation then I wouldn't mind but squatting like you're about to blow out your intestines looks ridiculous and I hope they never return Tracer to that.

Edited by Hyfy

but squatting like you're about to blow out your intestines looks ridiculous and I hope they never return Tracer to that.

What exactly is your problem? This is a *Cartel Market* idea,for people that liked the old animation.People that have only intestines and pooping images in their heads( i won't tell you the truth about your intelligence because of forum rules) can still keep the boring absent sound animation they have at the moment.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 1 year later...