Duplicate Legacy Question

Thebetts

Okay, I'm a Dalborran, have been since I started playing. I've built a fair core of decent toons up from the ground under my Legacy Name.

Since the Dalborra Server is merging with the Harbinger Server, I decided to make a character on Harbinger to test the Pros and Cons of playing there (Haven't found any Cons, by the way, besides an almost imperceivable extra amount of lag). As these things tend to happen, I've been enjoying my new character immensely, and he's currently sitting at level 12. Unfortunately, I've been too afraid to give him a Legacy Name (in order to unlock the Perks that comes with said Legacy), because I've been concerned about the consequences of what will happen when the servers merge, and my Characters (who are already Legacied) join my current newb.

So, my question is this:

What will happen if I give this new toon a legacy name? Will it mess anything up when the servers are merged? Will I simply have to change one of the Legacies, or will it randomly decide which one to use, and just delete all history of the one it deems unworthy? Will it cause a chain of events, so disastrous, that SWTOR life as we know it will cease to exist in the blink of an eye? Will it tear open a hole in the fabric of space time, transforming all existence into an eternity in purgatory, playing Dungeons and Dragons with Gary Gygax for the next Quadrillion Years?

But seriously, does anyone know what will happen if I create a Legacy Name before the merger? Any helpful answers are appreciated.

Thebetts.

From what I remember of what happened with my legacy in the last merges is that if you have two legacies, one on each server of the exact same name, it will select the one that has been advanced the most.

Eg. for me, The Krackers Legacy;

- Level 23 on Harbinger

- Level 50 on Dalborra

It would select the level 50 Legacy for me.

If however you have two legacies, one on each server but DIFFERENT names, if I remember correctly it will still select the one that is advanced the most, but will give you the option to change your legacy name (if you so desire).

Edited by BennyKrak