Message to the me first crowd!

Odyseus

Early access for the expansion starts on April 9th. Please do us a favor, don't come here to the forums crying on April 12th about the expansion being a failure because there's nothing to do. Here's a thought. How about enjoy the game! How about exploring the planet in it's entirety, doing all of the quests, forming groups to take down world bosses, level your alts etc.

I have many gamer friends who fit this very profile. They'll rush through the content as fast as possible. They won't get up to eat, everything is ordered in, they'll hardly take any breaks, they won't even think about going outside. Once they hit max level, they realize that there's an empty feeling to their accomplishment because they never actually took the time to enjoy the content. The best part about an MMO is "building your character", learning the newly acquired spells that you've earned etc.

When I went to the ILLUM power leveling group, I thought it would be better to pwr grind an alt to 50. Once I hit 50 on the alt, the accomplishment was hollow because I know this game wasn't designed to be "RUSHED THOUGH" . It's equivalent to having your favorite supermodel in your bed waiting for you, and instead of you savoring the moment, you manage to climax within in 3 minutes, because you running to the forums to brag to your friends was more important than actually enjoying the process. I'll end my rant here. Just doing a pre-emptive strike before this board is littered with posts about there being nothing to do, or how sucky the game is because they felt it was paramount to get to level 55 in 2 days.

Edited by Odyseus

The heck? Havn't you ever been in the race to max level when a new expansion comes out? It's cool for like 2-3 days in your destination cities to see that maybe you and only a handful of others are at max level. You can enjoy the content later at your leisure. But the race is on.

Some will race and others will watch and enjoy. I know that I will not be in a hurry.

That's what I'm saying exactly. You level and play at your leisure. If your leisure happens to be a bit more competititive (messed that word up) than you'll probably rush to 55. I know I will. I've got alot of toons to rush, I'll get all of the storyline. Believe me.

That's what I'm saying exactly. You level and play at your leisure. If your leisure happens to be a bit more competititive (messed that word up) than you'll probably rush to 55. I know I will. I've got alot of toons to rush, I'll get all of the storyline. Believe me.

I believe every word you say, but a race is only on, if the people care for at least a little, at what place they are taking. I will arrive at 55 with my chars for sure. I will without doubt not be the first and I do not care. I also do not care, if my personal first 55 will be worlds 10th, 100th or 1000th, as I personally simply refuse to take part in that race.

The only thing I will likely do, is spend no more time on my lowbie twinks during the phase, that I level my existing 50s to 55. I do not call that racing though, but priorization. Same as I did priorize my lowbies over my 50s during double exp weekends.

Edited by JPryde

I'm probably going to take my time. It's been a while now that I've had nothing to do but level alts (which is fun) and I'm excited about doin and seein some new stuff.

Ps; Or maybe I'll race it on my main and take my time on my other 50s lol.

I'm finding the absence of dynamic-levelling quite a culture shock. Why would you want to rush through content that you can't go back to? Out-levelling missions and flashpoints is a source of frustration for me at the moment, seeing content flash past that I won't be able to go back to (meaningfully) without rolling a new character.

I guess once I've been playing a bit longer that my views on speed levelling may change but out-levelling content just seems so odd and wasteful.

Early access for the expansion starts on April 9th. Please do us a favor, don't come here to the forums crying on April 12th about the expansion being a failure because there's nothing to do..

You're getting ahead of yourself.

Edited by RikHar

Early access for the expansion starts on April 9th. Please do us a favor, don't come here to the forums crying on April 12th about the expansion being a failure because there's nothing to do. Here's a thought. How about enjoy the game! How about exploring the planet in it's entirety, doing all of the quests, forming groups to take down world bosses, level your alts etc.

I have many gamer friends who fit this very profile. They'll rush through the content as fast as possible. They won't get up to eat, everything is ordered in, they'll hardly take any breaks, they won't even think about going outside. Once they hit max level, they realize that there's an empty feeling to their accomplishment because they never actually took the time to enjoy the content. The best part about an MMO is "building your character", learning the newly acquired spells that you've earned etc.

When I went to the ILLUM power leveling group, I thought it would be better to pwr grind an alt to 50. Once I hit 50 on the alt, the accomplishment was hollow because I know this game wasn't designed to be "RUSHED THOUGH" . It's equivalent to having your favorite supermodel in your bed waiting for you, and instead of you savoring the moment, you manage to climax within in 3 minutes, because you running to the forums to brag to your friends was more important than actually enjoying the process. I'll end my rant here. Just doing a pre-emptive strike before this board is littered with posts about there being nothing to do, or how sucky the game is because they felt it was paramount to get to level 55 in 2 days.

Re-quoted for truth and Just because its pure awesome..

Early access for the expansion starts on April 9th. Please do us a favor, don't come here to the forums crying on April 12th about the expansion being a failure because there's nothing to do.

Guaranteed.

I space-barred all the content on Makeb and leveled to 55 in six hours. Now there's nothing to do! :( :( :( boo-hoo

BTW...my bets are on SirCopperfield being the world's first SWTOR 55 after Makeb launch.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I fully intend to be lvl 55 and have HM S&V fully cleared within 24 hours of logging in. That being said I will go check out anything I might have missed but most likely I will not have missed anything major. If bioware wants us to enjoy everything so much then why would they make something that can be completely cleared in 24 hours? Don't get mad at the pro gamer crowd that is efficient and fast. Get made at bioware for not including enough content.

• 2 weeks later...
... Don't get mad at the pro gamer crowd that is efficient and fast. Get made at bioware for not including enough content.

Here's a tip: "pro" is short for "professional", which means "engaged in a profession"

A "pro" gamer gets paid (e.g. competitive tournaments)

You're confusing "pro gamer" with "power leveler"

I was one of the first 50s on my server at launch, but I didn't rush through the content, I enjoyed every second of it and all of the cut scenes.

I just happened to have more time to play during that time than most. It will probably be similar this time too.

I don't know how long Makeb is, but if people have all of the time they need to finish it in a couple of days without skipping anything, then they will complain, you can't avoid that.