Players from China?

Arielw

Hello everyone,

I am currently playing SWTOR from China via VPN service and I am experiencing painful latency spikes. I wrote another thread about it but no one answered me. However, now I am wondering about different thing. Are there any other players in the same situation as me? And is there any info about Bioware/EA setting up a server in China by any chance? Thank you for any replies.

Hello everyone,

I am currently playing SWTOR from China via VPN service and I am experiencing painful latency spikes. I wrote another thread about it but no one answered me. However, now I am wondering about different thing. Are there any other players in the same situation as me? And is there any info about Bioware/EA setting up a server in China by any chance? Thank you for any replies.

Probably won't ever see them. The ridiculous number of restrictions that would be imposed by the government would not be worth the trouble.

The latency may well be due to the VPN and the usual throttling, monitoring and other unfriendly things the government does to the internet there.

Unfortunately, the real solution to most of that is something I cannot mention here without risking 'moderation' myself.

this is the exact opposite of what asian players like in an mmo.

They like to grind mobs for hours and buy gear from rares they drop (Aion, Lineage etc).

This game is pure western style, lots of quests, grind covered up as much as possible, scripted raid bosses.

this is the exact opposite of what asian players like in an mmo.

They like to grind mobs for hours and buy gear from rares they drop (Aion, Lineage etc).

This game is pure western style, lots of quests, grind covered up as much as possible, scripted raid bosses.

^^^^^

yeah- i was wondering about this too. i got my brother to buy and play the game while he is home for the holidays. he lives in china for work, and i heard that the game (for whatever reason) was ip blocked for china. sorry to hear vpn workarounds have lots of lag. that might keep him from subing. . . and i lose my best questing buddy :(

Hello everyone,

Yea, Im playing from China atm too. There wasn't any issue with this before today, and it seems to happen to me randomly, but always when I do a flashpoint it laggs me out. Another concern of mine is that were you able to suscribe to the game? Everytime I try to, it gives me an error. "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. " Does this happen to anyone else?

OP this can be a couple of problems. You are VPNing and playing from China? Where are you VPN'ing too? Stateside? Could you provide a bit more information on this? It's a bit tough to really help with the vague problem.

Specifically the connection speed you have at your home (shared or non with other folks), and the location you VPN into's connection speed. Is this something you are doing with a work VPN that is ok? It is highly possible that if it is not ok then much of this traffic is being throttled.

What VPN client are you using? Cisco? Citrix?

It's a long shot trying to get help in general forums as well. The responses you have received are typical of the general forums. For this I apologize I wish you could get the help you were hoping to find. If you can answer the questions hopefully we can figure things out. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to work this out in private. Good luck!

I wrote about this problem before in Customer Service thread but I did not receive any replies. I am using HMA pro VPN 2.6.9. Yesterday I tried PPTP protocol instead of OpenVPN and it seemed to work a little bit better. But still after every 30-60seconds my latency was jumping up to 8000-10000ms and then back again to 200-400ms. I am connecting to server in California, Los Angeles. Thank you for our help, I will PM you, that's for sure:)