The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

please disney dont do this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate disney every day more,i hate george lucas now,by selling star wars to disney he failed us,he terribly failed us.

BUT heeeey!swtor is not on life support!that's bull ****.

Edited by _biddan_

For a thousand generations Lucasarts were the guardians of quality and entertainment in the Star Wars franchise. Before the dark times. Before Disney...

My initial excitement regarding the sequel trilogy is beginning to wane, the future doesn't seem so bright anymore. If they do this, I will cry. :(

For a thousand generations Lucasarts were the guardians of quality and entertainment in the Star Wars franchise. Before the dark times. Before Disney...

My initial excitement regarding the sequel trilogy is beginning to wane, the future doesn't seem so bright anymore. If they do this, I will cry. :(

star wars 7 will probably have jar jar singing with jawas and ewoks,lightsabers will only be used for light and stormtroopers will give flowers to the people.

LucasArts was practically an insolvent branch of the company to begin with, none of this is really Disney's work.

Everything that Disney is doing points to sound business decisions that are going to support the smooth production of the sequel trilogies. I think that this is the best plan, since focusing on producing the very best work possible there will lead to plenty of fertile ground when it comes to new games, shows, and other materiel based on the sequel trilogy.

Let's face it, games like Battlefront 3 have been in production limbo for almost a decade. The Force Unleashed 2 was a weak, sputtering sequel to the original and aborted the third game long.

Disney is probably right to taper down production of the Clone Wars. It may not seem like it, but the work schedule for Episode VII is approaching the point where the pacing will begin to get very intense. Disney is probably consolidating talent within its newly acquired workforce. It also doesn't make sense to keep sinking money into projects which will distract from their primary thrust.

Bob Iger is extremely competent in his leadership of Disney and his handling of their franchises. His work with the Avengers was superb, and he's a life long Star Wars fan and personal friend of George Lucas. He's not going to destroy Star Wars, but rather ensure that the next chapter of the saga is a production worthy of the Star Wars universe and fans.

Plus, J.J. Abrams, man.

LucasArts was practically an insolvent branch of the company to begin with, none of this is really Disney's work.

Everything that Disney is doing points to sound business decisions that are going to support the smooth production of the sequel trilogies. I think that this is the best plan, since focusing on producing the very best work possible there will lead to plenty of fertile ground when it comes to new games, shows, and other materiel based on the sequel trilogy.

Let's face it, games like Battlefront 3 have been in production limbo for almost a decade. The Force Unleashed 2 was a weak, sputtering sequel to the original and aborted the third game long.

Disney is probably right to taper down production of the Clone Wars. It may not seem like it, but the work schedule for Episode VII is approaching the point where the pacing will begin to get very intense. Disney is probably consolidating talent within its newly acquired workforce. It also doesn't make sense to keep sinking money into projects which will distract from their primary thrust.

Bob Iger is extremely competent in his leadership of Disney and his handling of their franchises. His work with the Avengers was superb, and he's a life long Star Wars fan and personal friend of George Lucas. He's not going to destroy Star Wars, but rather ensure that the next chapter of the saga is a production worthy of the Star Wars universe and fans.

Plus, J.J. Abrams, man.

Very true, but what I'm afraid of is that Disney will replace these projects with something that maybe appeals to a wider audience and makes more money, but at the expense of quality. But we shall see. I completely agree with TCW being postponed but it sounds to me that it has been cancelled entirely, which seems completely unnecessary - and I fear this the the direction that other projects such as Star Wars 1313 could be heading, but we shall see.

As someone once said: "this deal is getting worse all the time". Disney better deliver with episode VII because from where I'm standing it looks like they're doing their best to destroy what SW currently stands for and to alienate the fans.

Let's look at what LucasArts have been doing over the past few years. As a developer (not a producer).

Star Wars 1313 (incomplete)

Kinect: Star Wars (2012)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010)

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (2009)

Lucidity (2009)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008)

The Lego games were made by Traveler's Tales, KOTOR is Bioware, Battlefront is Panedmic, the recent Monkey Island was a remix of old game.

Seriously, how much (besides the vaporware-promise of 1313) are you missing with LucasArts out of the picture? They've mostly been a producer. And not a particularly great one in my personal opinion.

LucasArts used to be brilliant. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Grim Fandago, Monkey Island, etc. Recently? Not so much. The good stuff has been developed by others and only has the LA name on it as a producer.

Edited by Khevar

Let's look at what LucasArts have been doing over the past few years. As a developer (not a producer).

Star Wars 1313 (incomplete)

Kinect: Star Wars (2012)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (2010)

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (2009)

Lucidity (2009)

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008)

The Lego games were made by Traveler's Tales, KOTOR is Bioware, Battlefront is Panedmic, the recent Monkey Island was a remix of old game.

Seriously, how much (besides the vaporware-promise of 1313) are you missing with LucasArts out of the picture? They've mostly been a producer. And not a particularly great one in my personal opinion.

LucasArts used to be brilliant. X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Grim Fandago, Monkey Island, etc. Recently? Not so much. The good stuff has been developed by others and only has the LA name on it as a producer.

This is what I meant when I said "Lucasarts has been doing nothing but putting out half-baked games anyways. I am more than welcome to a change.". All of their best games have come from outside development.

Now I miss george lucas; whatever he failings he did with the prequels it isn't a fraction as bad as what disney is going to do to star wars. It appears they want to make it as kid friendly as possible and that includes the video games and whatever else. I doubt any more "serious" star wars books will be produced; expect more of the kind aimed at kids, like the young jedi knight series. George shouldnt of sold out at all, if he wanted to distance himself from SW thats fine, it shouldnt be a lifetime thing, but he should of handed lucasfilm over to someone else and not sold the entire thing to a third party - especially not disney.

I partly agree with you, but I'm more worried about what it will be replaced with. Disney's Star Wars: Kinect 2?

I actually thought of Kingdom Hearts and how sweet a sequel with Star Wars characters would be.

Let's remember that Disney is not a "children's company". They're smooth professionals, possibly the best in the world when it comes to managing franchises and producing innovative intellectual property and creative content.

They brought us Pirates of the Caribbean and Avengers Assemble. Those are the measure we should be judging Disney by, it's silly to think that Disney will "dumb down" or otherwise vandalize the next Star Wars film. The people writing and producing the new film (and any games that may accompany it) are devoted fans just like the people on these forums. They care about the mythology of Star Wars and will preserve the integrity of Lucas' vision. To do otherwise would really just sabotage their own profits in the end.