please disney dont do this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars is going to hell then.At the end the real deal and a remnant of when SW was epic will be what Bioware and Obsidian created.

And... you always have novels and comics for a SW fix if you don't like swtor or kotor.

Doubt SW is going to Hell, besides the books and comics were always the best parts (well the games really, but they are not canon) of the franchise.

Personaly I don't think Disney can do a worse job than LucasArts, or Lucas either, OK the Clone Wars had fans, but most of the Games were terrible, and the least said about the Prequel Trilogy the better (thank you not Lucas).

Disney makes good films, it also makes bad and mediocre films but so do all studio's, it will probably upset all the fans with the new movie, but any movie would do that, and maybe they can pull something out of the bag. Also I would love to see Revan and the Exile in the next Kingdom Hearts, and maybe a limited time kickback into swtor, maybe if you complete a hardmode flashpoint you get a special weapon or companion or pet.

Disney brought us Iron Man 2 and The Avengers. Upcoming Is new Thor, Captain America, Avengers 2, and more. The Dis is going to do alright...
Ha, Iron Man 2 - possibly the worst action film I've ever scene.

The Avengers - a dissapointing waste of potential.

The rest - a poorly disguised marketing ploy.

I'm not one of those who thinks Star Wars is going to be ruined in Disney's hands - but I do see the Avengers as a poor example of the franchise having a bright future - and the Star Wars spin offs certainly have been concerned.

I'm actually very worried.

I think the whole Marvel movie-verse is almost as bad as the SW prequels, though more on the boring can't hold my attention bad and less of the "is this a spoof?" bad. What else has Disney been doing lately? Well, they ruined Pixar and they just keep pumping out sequels to "Johhny Depp: The Movie, starring Johhny Depp as Johnny Depp"

And then we got Abrams, who's a baby step above Michael Bay imo. All flash no substance, covers up shoddy directing and writing with action action action. Personally, I don't fall for it. Its the same reason I dislike the Marvel flicks, they bore me because all the action fails to do its job in distracting me from the **** writing and acting.

So combine Disney and Abrams and I see a train wreck coming from a light year away.

The only hope I have left is in the fairly good looking writing team and the possibility that good enough actors will get the major roles that whatever stupid directing Abrams gives them can be worked into something watchable.

At the end of the day though, its SW and I'm gonna watch it and probably rewatch it and buy it and whatever. Its achieved a pretty high level of tolerance. I mean, I still watch and relatively enjoy Clone Wars despite it being pretty mediocre and often destructive to the franchise canon. Even if I think the movies are a joke like the prequels I'll still work it out in my head how it should of been and then toss it over my memory of the movies like a blanket hiding its ugliness. That or just go by the novelizations, which tend to be a lot better. Unless they wipe away the New Republic EU. Idc what happens to NJO and beyond, but the whole Thrawn era is awesome and if it gets wiped away then the movies will have to be pretty damn amazing to make me consider the new canon the real canon.

One things for sure, I'm gonna get drunk when I watch Ep7. I usually don't like watching movies drunk unless its a comedy, so suffice it to say I'm expecting it to be exactly that, like the prequels. Those are spoofs right?

I'm actually very worried.

I think the whole Marvel movie-verse is almost as bad as the SW prequels, though more on the boring can't hold my attention bad and less of the "is this a spoof?" bad. What else has Disney been doing lately? Well, they ruined Pixar and they just keep pumping out sequels to "Johhny Depp: The Movie, starring Johhny Depp as Johnny Depp"

And then we got Abrams, who's a baby step above Michael Bay imo. All flash no substance, covers up shoddy directing and writing with action action action. Personally, I don't fall for it. Its the same reason I dislike the Marvel flicks, they bore me because all the action fails to do its job in distracting me from the **** writing and acting.

So combine Disney and Abrams and I see a train wreck coming from a light year away.

The only hope I have left is in the fairly good looking writing team and the possibility that good enough actors will get the major roles that whatever stupid directing Abrams gives them can be worked into something watchable.

At the end of the day though, its SW and I'm gonna watch it and probably rewatch it and buy it and whatever. Its achieved a pretty high level of tolerance. I mean, I still watch and relatively enjoy Clone Wars despite it being pretty mediocre and often destructive to the franchise canon. Even if I think the movies are a joke like the prequels I'll still work it out in my head how it should of been and then toss it over my memory of the movies like a blanket hiding its ugliness. That or just go by the novelizations, which tend to be a lot better. Unless they wipe away the New Republic EU. Idc what happens to NJO and beyond, but the whole Thrawn era is awesome and if it gets wiped away then the movies will have to be pretty damn amazing to make me consider the new canon the real canon.

One things for sure, I'm gonna get drunk when I watch Ep7. I usually don't like watching movies drunk unless its a comedy, so suffice it to say I'm expecting it to be exactly that, like the prequels. Those are spoofs right?

Hold it there, before you give yourself a migraine.

For one I think the Prequel bashing is uncalled for, they are flawed in many ways yes but in many ways they are not. Altogether they don't elicit the kind of foaming-at-the-mouth criticism they receive which with the absence of the Original Trilogy would have been likely highly acclaimed films. And I'm not even going to get into the butt-hurt whining of the so called 'fans' in regards to the various minor retcons made by the Clone Wars. But let's not get into that.

I share your concern regarding the Marvel movies, but don't forget the quality of the film itself is determined by the director, the writer etc. not the producer. Its in the hands of J.J Abrams. And to be quite honest I can't really think of a better person to take up the role, I completely disagree with you regarding the Star Trek movies. The cinematography is highly impressive, something I'm sure viewers take for granted these days but its there, and the actors are excellently chosen and give off stellar performances. There is really little room for fault.

As for the story, irrelevant. That's in the hands of Micheal Ardnt, who again couldn't be better suited for the job. Not only does he understand the inherent constructs of Star Wars and what made the Original Trilogy so great, but he has an excellent resume. Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine alone tell me he's more than capable.

In the end, your baseless and antagonistic approach strikes of ignorance and stupidity. I suggest you avoid forming opinions on material that does not yet exist - its hardly healthy.

P.S. Ruined Pixar? I'd like to see the laughable reasoning behind that. WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Brave along with a slew of set for the future that look to be just as acclaimed show Pixar is still running strong.

Sorry, I didn't realize my opinion shouldn't be shared if it didn't conform with yours. I'm sorry for being so ignorant and stupid oh holy wise one, my humble yet flawed opinions are nothing in the face of your all knowing facts. :)
It does frustrate me when people cling to their opinions as if it were some kind of right and therefore worthy of utmost respect, however I'm afraid that on these forums such a right exists only in your imagination and your opinions therefore can and may well be trampled on and rejected if one regards them to be baseless and farcical.

And I'm sorry, but forming such extreme opinions on subject that doesn't even exist yet fulfills that criteria without a doubt. Indeed I really hope they don't let you into the cinema, because I don't want my experience to be sullied by some drunk heckling the screen at every mention of the word 'midichlorians'.

You're right about one thing. Not the heckling part, I disapprove of distractions of any kind, I can barely tolerate the sound of shuffling bags of popcorn. No, the part you got right is that my opinion isn't sacred and you can trash it all you want. If your only goal is to convince yourself that you're right, then be my guest. If you perhaps are trying to make yourself look smarter to other users at my cost, I'd say your better off with a more civil approach but what do I know. If you're trying to convince me of anything other then you're own arrogance however, then you have failed quite spectacularly. Just my last two creds.

Anyways, last day of sub so last post here. Its been fun. :rolleyes:

You're right about one thing. Not the heckling part, I disapprove of distractions of any kind, I can barely tolerate the sound of shuffling bags of popcorn. No, the part you got right is that my opinion isn't sacred and you can trash it all you want. If your only goal is to convince yourself that you're right, then be my guest. If you perhaps are trying to make yourself look smarter to other users at my cost, I'd say your better off with a more civil approach but what do I know. If you're trying to convince me of anything other then you're own arrogance however, then you have failed quite spectacularly. Just my last two creds.

Anyways, last day of sub so last post here. Its been fun. :rolleyes:

I'd ask you the same question. Trying to stir up a hate wagon? Maybe find a few buds to stumble into the cinema drunk with? Or are you just a generally negative person? I think we've got enough of those kinds of people.

My intentions were to inform you that I believe your opinions to be very wrong - you can read inbetween the lines all you like but it won't get you anywhere - and if you can't stomach that then I suggest you refrain from sharing them because I can assure you there are plenty more people who will find your opinions as frustrating and exasperating as I do.

Nor should you expect me to be 'civil' or 'polite' in regards to opinions that I find frankly nonsensical. Its really not my fault that the particular adjectives best suited to describing them might happen to come across as 'offensive'. And really I don't much care for haters who pass themselves off as fans, try to have a little more respect for the franchise and cease polluting our culture with your slur. Perhaps when you resub your opinions will be less ridiculous. Seems unlikely.