What's PvP like on Begeren?

Brillat

No, but you would think if you had a group of friends in a guild you would get invited to that guild. And wouldn't get discriminated on just because your main is rep side.

Wait so they let Consular in there but not you? :eek: Oops. I hope they don't kick him now. I really enjoy when he streams from his operative. Found out so much information from their guild chat. :)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BC, I'm the PvP leader of a APAC guild called Terra Australus, from Dalborra. We are really looking forward to pvping on rep side and having some great competition. We also have a competitive ranked team and are extremely looking forward for new competition on BC.

Can't wait to meet and vs you all.

Toughmudder - Terra Australus

Hey BC, I'm the PvP leader of a APAC guild called Terra Australus, from Dalborra. We are really looking forward to pvping on rep side and having some great competition. We also have a competitive ranked team and are extremely looking forward for new competition on BC.

Welcome!

Wait, when did we pick BC? Thought it was still up to discussion :rolleyes: IF we join BC, hopefully we'll have some good competition here. From what I read people seem to be much more mature here, which is great. Looking forward to meeting and having some great pvp with you guys!

Wait, when did we pick BC? Thought it was still up to discussion :rolleyes: IF we join BC, hopefully we'll have some good competition here. From what I read people seem to be much more mature here, which is great. Looking forward to meeting and having some great pvp with you guys!

Fresh meat for ranked? Gimme Gimme. >:D

Well, 200ms kind of sucks compared to 30ms; but really looking forward to PvP competition.

I predict Dawn will resurrect its ranked team currently on hiatus and rule the late night scene

muwahahahahahaha

So, I never did try out Harbinger, and have been leveling as many characters as I can prior to the expansion hitting. I already wrote about my experiences as a Marauder leveling, where I only lost one game vs Republic in the 10-49 bracket.

The past weekend I was leveling a Trooper (Surprisingly). I'd like to claim I only had one loss vs Empire, but that was simply not true. ~70 win percent as the Vanguard-Tank for Storm in Huttball, Tactics in every other map while keeping Guard up, vs a 95 win percent as a Carnage specced Mara (against opposite faction). I'm not sure how much playing one class over the other weighed on those results, as even a decently played Mara-imo-pulls more weight than a decently played Vanguard in the sub 50-bracket once they're in their late 20s, early 30s and I don't think it's even a contest when they're both in their 40s (though my Vanguard ironically has a 2:1 ratio of MVP:Wins, vs my Mara's not even breaking a 1:1 ratio; so much Mara/Sentinel hate in PUGS :p). I'd weigh them far closer to being equal at 50, once geared.

Double xp definitely has an impact, as the little I played during the week had far less extremes in my win percent when playing the two characters.

That said, the difference in sides, seems negligible, though I did lose my cool over a few facepalm moments as Republic last weekend, while managing to avoid that the previous weekend on my Mara (Alderaan is just a cesspool of people giving up halfway through a game, I'm starting to really hate it, even when on the winning side of that equation). About the only real disparity I'd say I saw over the last two weekends was that Empire had a hell of a lot more Sniper alts than Republic had Gunslinger alts, which just from an aesthetics point of view, kind of makes sense. Some of these Sniper alts with almost 1600 hp are quite...lol in the 10-49 bracket. :p Even after marking them with whatever marks were available, and incessantly chatting when dead to take them out, it'd kill me inside to end a game and see these snipers with zero deaths. The average PUG player that does nothing but attack the first tab target makes me cry. About the only person on Republic that I saw causing that type of angst was Banana(something), a 1600 hp scoundrel. :cool: Couldn't quite compare with the veritable army of Sniper twinks though. :/

Edited by revial

Wait so they let Consular in there but not you? :eek: Oops. I hope they don't kick him now. I really enjoy when he streams from his operative. Found out so much information from their guild chat. :)

I too, also learned that Imperials are people. Also I've been in GD for a very long time and I thank Daz and others for allowing me to stay in there even though I wasn't playing on Operative (who is actually a Sniper).

Edited by Mindsting