So.. is this really happening?

skiibyrd

Most, if not all of the cartel market is available on the GTN. Grind a few mobs. You don't have to spend a dime.

The argument regarding bioware putting EVERYTHING on the cartel market would carry more weight if tons of people weren't simply flipping their purchase on the GTN. I've gotten 10 to 12 CM items straight from the GTN.

I totally understand the concern the OP presents but Bioware purposely left a way to circumvent all this. The GTN.

Again.. Some player payed REAL money to put the stuff there. So If all only use the gtn.. Who well fill it up with the supply's we need? :p

Edited by Soulwave

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perfectly neutral on Mythic. Never played any of their games, actually.

I'm imperfectly neutral on SWTOR. I'd like it to be a game i can play for years. Unfortunately that's becoming less and less likely with every move EA makes.

There were some really cool moments in this game. I'll always remember that moment I got my first ship, way back in game test. I completely geeked out. I walked around the ship, inspecting every inch of it. It was an incredible moment.

There were plenty others like that.

Why aren't any more of those moments coming? Why is it just random garbage packs on the RTM shop now? Rhetorical question, I guess. I know the answer is that the talent responsible for imagining those moments so they could be encoded are now long gone, some of their own volition, some of EA's. :(

I completely agree. For example, last night.... I am the GM of a guild of the PoT5 server, and we just started running a new group of people through Ops for the first time. We so far have done all the Ops (just running about 6 people through TFB for the first time). The prior Ops were a lot of fun, and they enjoyed the mechanics and story that some of the Ops have to offer. When we got to TFB, we have been hyping it for quite awhile, and the majority of guidies were disappointed by the fact that TFB offered very little in terms of story, but we did enjoy some of the mechanics. I personally feel that Ops are a great oppertunity for the Devs to create additional storylines, but it seems they fail to take the time to do so. Plus it finally hit me last night, that now that TFB was completed (which took about 2 1/2 months from start to finish, gearing people from fresh 50 gear up).

I also really hope that the xpack will offer some great content, but honestly we have been receiving all of this for free, why the sudden change? Lets face it, this 'xpack' is more of a content update than a full expansion pack at this point, so technically they are starting to charge for content for subs as well, and doing a great job as masking it by claiming its an 'expansion pack'. Thats just IMO.

Edited by skiibyrd

I completely agree. For example, last night.... I am the GM of a guild of the PoT5 server, and we just started running a new group of people through Ops for the first time. We so far have done all the Ops (just running about 6 people through TFB for the first time). The prior Ops were a lot of fun, and they enjoyed the mechanics and story that some of the Ops have to offer. When we got to TFB, we have been hyping it for quite awhile, and the majority of guidies were disappointed by the fact that TFB offered very little in terms of story, but we did enjoy some of the mechanics. I personally feel that Ops are a great oppertunity for the Devs to create additional storylines, but it seems they fail to take the time to do so. Plus it finally hit me last night, that now that TFB was completed (which took about 2 1/2 months from start to finish, gearing people from fresh 50 gear up).

I also really hope that the xpack will offer some great content, but honestly we have been receiving all of this for free, why the sudden change? Lets face it, this 'xpack' is more of a content update than a full expansion pack at this point, so technically they are starting to charge for content for subs as well, and doing a great job as masking it by claiming its an 'expansion pack'. Thats just IMO.

how many content updates come with a whole new planet and 2 faction stories? [plus what ever else we don't really know about like the new datacrons and such.

oh that's right none, that's why they charge 9.99 for it

and no its not a full expansion that's why they didn't charge 49.99 for it, those greedy bastards right?

please people if your going to complain, complain about the 1000s of legit complaints like performance, clipping, companion lightsabers, line of sight bugs. we have got plenty for our subs and Erik has been very open with the community over the decisions you all feel are soooo evil.

this champion against everything cartel market because you are all jealous the game didn't shut down like you wanted and is doing better now then when it was just a sub based game needs to stop. if it wasn't for the fricken cartel market and packs in the first place we wouldn't even be getting a barber shop let alone half the new pets speeders and armors

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Ok then. Please, tell me what upcoming content us subs are getting for free then?...

Ok then. Please, tell me what past content us subs had to pay for then?

I can give you a list of things we didn't have to pay for, even after F2P launch. And it is basicly: Every bit of new content between Sec-X/HK-51 and the Gree event.

Ok then. Please, tell me what past content us subs had to pay for then?

I can give you a list of things we didn't have to pay for, even after F2P launch. And it is basicly: Every bit of new content between Sec-X/HK-51 and the Gree event.

but that was the past :rolleyes: the next content update is going to be 2.0 [completely free by the way even for the F2P player I believe] and we had to pay 9.99 for the ROTHC "expansion" [that will launch along side the free 2.0 update] so there is OBVIOUSLY NEVER GOING TO BE A FREE UPDATE EVER AGAIN. NOT 2.1 not 2.2 nothing ever again will be free because they are making us pay for a barbershop and cathar

am I doing it right :D

Edited by Vis-Tecum

but that was the past :rolleyes: the next content update is going to be 2.0 [completely free by the way even for the F2P player I believe] and we had to pay 9.99 for the ROTHC "expansion" so there is OBVIOUSLY NEVER GOING TO BE A FREE UPDATE EVER AGAIN. NOT 2.1 not 2.2 nothing ever again will be free because they are making us pay for a barbershop and cathar

am I doing it right :D

Something like that yes.. "Past events do not prove the future as much as my own fears and doom-thinking does, except when the past events prove my own points, of course" seems to be the common reaction of the "haters" on these forums.

this champion against everything cartel market because you are all jealous the game didn't shut down like you wanted and is doing better now then when it was just a sub based game needs to stop. if it wasn't for the fricken cartel market and packs in the first place we wouldn't even be getting a barber shop let alone half the new pets speeders and armors

Actually I'm a fan of this game, and want it to succeed. Your assumption everyone is jealous the game didn't shut down is incorrect. I believe that F2P has only helped a little, honestly what brought most the people back, and to the game (based off of talking to people about the subject) has to do with the game getting better content wise (or so it seemed). The barber shop, all the gear, speeders, color cyrstals, companion gifts, and XP boosts could have easy been put into the game without the cartel market. They would just be for sale from vendors rather than an in-game shop.

I The prior Ops were a lot of fun, and they enjoyed the mechanics and story that some of the Ops have to offer. When we got to TFB, we have been hyping it for quite awhile, and the majority of guidies were disappointed by the fact that TFB offered very little in terms of story, but we did enjoy some of the mechanics.Thats just IMO.

are you really saying that the story in EV was better then TFB and that EV is a better op then TFB??? :eek:

...really? the story through EC into TFB is awesome and the cinematics in both those ops are way better then anything in EV or KP. the dread masters story is awesome S.O.A. not so much lol

Secret world also gives 10.00 worth of market coins with thier sub every month.

And their fees in their shop are highly inflated.. so they should.

We DO NOT know the fees for this in the CCM yet. We only know our monthly stipend of free coins. So it's premature to gank them over fees vs stipend for SWTOR. What if the fee for the same service is 1/3 of what TSW charges, yet you get $5 worth of CCs each month? Then TSW is a rip-off to subscribers compared to SWTOR.

TL;DR; it's premature to complain about pricing vs coin stipend when pricing is not yet set.

Edited by Andryah

Actually I'm a fan of this game, and want it to succeed. Your assumption everyone is jealous the game didn't shut down is incorrect. I believe that F2P has only helped a little, honestly what brought most the people back, and to the game (based off of talking to people about the subject) has to do with the game getting better content wise (or so it seemed). The barber shop, all the gear, speeders, color cyrstals, companion gifts, and XP boosts could have easy been put into the game without the cartel market. They would just be for sale from vendors rather than an in-game shop.

yeah that was more a blanket statement to haters, its your thread so you get the honor of carrying the torch for them

I get that they could of implemented these features with out a cash shop but we have to be honest they game was sinking and with out the revenue the cartel market has been bringing in the game would of most likely went into maintence mode and EA would not of put the resource's into a barber shop

Again.. Some player payed REAL money to put the stuff there. So If all only use the gtn.. Who well fill it up with the supply's we need? :p

I don't really care who does. Its not my job to police people.

Maybe its crass, but I honestly don't care.

Edited by Arkerus

are you really saying that the story in EV was better then TFB and that EV is a better op then TFB??? :eek:

...really? the story through EC into TFB is awesome and the cinematics in both those ops are way better then anything in EV or KP. the dread masters story is awesome S.O.A. not so much lol

Not necessarily. Basically when you hit 50 for the first time, the Ops (EV and KP) are fresh and fun. As time goes on through, the Ops apparently didn't get anymore exiting or difficult, especially since we were able to 1 shot all the operations within 2 months (doing EC and KP a couple times to help gear people). The guildies seemed really underwhelmed as we flew through TFB in reguards to the content. TFB is the newest Op, and supposedly the hardest, but it seems no different then any of the other Ops in terms of difficulty (I personally think EC is harder than TFB).

And their fees in their shop are highly inflated.. so they should.

We DO NOT know the fees for this in the CCM yet. We only know our monthly stipend of free coins. So it's premature to gank them over fees vs stipend for SWTOR. What if the fee for the same service is 1/3 of what TSW charges, yet you get $5 worth of CCs each month? Then TSW is a rip-off to subscribers compared to SWTOR.

TL;DR; it's premature to complain about pricing vs coin stipend when pricing is not yet set.

Except your mostly wrong...i can get a buttload of stuff for the 1200 monthly stipend of TSW...here i have to save three months of stipend for a single outfit. If anything is inflated, its here. I like both games and play both games, but what the stipend buys in swtor is alot less than tsw.

Except your mostly wrong...i can get a buttload of stuff for the 1200 monthly stipend of TSW...here i have to save three months of stipend for a single outfit. If anything is inflated, its here. I like both games and play both games, but what the stipend buys in swtor is alot less than tsw.

Exactly... to put it short since the CM came out, EA has been slapping subbers with their greedy dick.

I tried going f2p for a few days and it was awful. They literally regulate how often you can post in the general chat. Re-subbed again because I think the sub fee is worth it to get the whole game. Barber shop stuff, in my opinion, should not be on the CM at all. Make it a vendor that f2p-ers have to pay for access to, but subs should get access for free and only get charged a few thousand creds for the small stuff, i.e. hair styles.

I tried going f2p for a few days and it was awful. They literally regulate how often you can post in the general chat. Re-subbed again because I think the sub fee is worth it to get the whole game. Barber shop stuff, in my opinion, should not be on the CM at all. Make it a vendor that f2p-ers have to pay for access to, but subs should get access for free and only get charged a few thousand creds for the small stuff, i.e. hair styles.

Exactly, we are already loyal subscribers why should we have to dig deeper in our pockets with each ediition to the CM??? Its an insult to our loyalty of staying subscribed even after a free to play option.

Edited by chriscshunter

Prior to F2P, subscribers had access to everything and anything and thats the way it should have stayed. Why the f*** did we get downgraded and EA shaft us along with F2P players?? Because they are greedy and don't give a damn about subbers anymore. Its all about making a quick buck. Edited by chriscshunter

Prior to F2P, subscribers had access to everything and anything and thats the way it should have stayed. Why the f*** did we get downgraded and EA shaft us along with F2P players?? Because they are greedy and don't give a damn about subbers anymore. Its all about making a quick buck.

I would simply say that it is the best solution for them to cover their errors, and the massive subscriber loss. To charge for stuff, is indeed the easiest way to earn quick bucks, even from subscribers. Dedicated fans will keep spending or stay silent, no matter how hard they'll hit them. Yes, i used to be one, thinking that by spending money in stuff like that i was actually "supporting" BioWare's efforts to provide me with a GOOD game to play... How wrong i was.......

I wouldn't be surprised if i see a "Planetary Commendation Cap Raise" or "Planetary Commendation Weekly Cap Removal" for 50$ or higher in the Cartel market when 2.0 hits live, for example. :rak_frown:

What really pisses me off is, they cut off some really basic things that I can't stand for F2P so it drives me to stay subscribed. Sadly the game isn't tailored for subscribers as the best interest anymore. They are more interested in their microtransaction market aka Cartel Market.

As time goes on more and more will build up on their market and away from subscribers who should have free access to everything since we are already paying a damn fee to play on a Free to play game.

The subscription pays for the vast majority (99.99%) of actions I want to do in-game. Like unlimited warzones, chat, trading, raiding, character creation. CM is for fluff, and I don't care. I am yet to pay a single dollar on top of my subscription, and I can buy everything I want - with millions of creds to spare. We may be experiencing different galaxies far, far away, OP!