Leaving SWTOR

Zooball

First, I'll admit this is the second time I'm quitting SWTOR. I HAD to come back and finish a Sith/Empire storyline and did so. Sith Inquisitor was great! I also leveled a Jedi Shadow twice, tank and DPS, and that was a fun character. Took a Sith Jugg to 44, Jedi Sentinel to 40, and everything else to 26.

What I liked about SWTOR, and What I disliked about SWTOR:

- finished the story to KOTOR and KOTOR: TSL which I played many times each, and I read Revan to fill in some gaps.

- after reading Revan, I was very let down by the Exile's death, and Revan being held in prison/stasis for ~300 years......not so heroic.

- the artwork was well done overall and I enjoyed the planets and species. A lot of fun to see elements of this game appear in the Clone Wars series.

- even though the artwork was well done concerning items, ships, planets and species, some of the later level and post 50 clothing gear was pure MMO crap and not Star Wars at all.....AT ALL! Most of the Sith clothing gear felt as though ripped out of a fantasy title like WoW or LOTR.

- the Class Quests were fun, and honestly I would have loved to have finished them all.

- yes the Class Quests were fun, but I was promised "unique" play for each class, not 10-15% "unique" play and having to GRIND through the same mobs over and over and over for the other 85-90% of a planet...... Concerning the Classes, I can watch these on YouTube for closure...for free.

- I found the voice acting for the characters, companions and NPC's quite good.

- I expected much more when finishing a companion. I max'ed out all but Xalek with my Inquisitor and max'ed out Nadia Grell and Vette. Having Vett's ending without any recourse with my player was a big let down. The only good ending of those I did was Khem Val's. Also, sometimes the companion stories became very irritating (any romance line) or eclipsed the character's storyline (Jedi Knight).

- was glad to see Star Wars Lore added thousands of years before the movie era and see it connect in via books and TV.

- Ray Muzyka yammering "this is KOTOR 3,4,5........" simply pissed me off. Now that Muzyka, Zeschuk, Riccitiello and god knows how much of the departed BioWare staff are gone.....hmmm.....I bet you wished you made a KOTOR 3 instead.

- planet, side, and bonus quests were fun...

- for the first time around! Not to mention this game was too linear and that really started to suck the wind out of the sails trying to level a fifth character to 50.

- sense of accomplishment when reaching 50 the first time, as a Jedi Shadow.

- I hit 50 too soon and the post 50 play was pretty much non-existent in January 2012. By the time I got around to hitting 50 again with a Trooper Commando, the Snotty Factor had set in to those who caught the cusp of post 50 play and I got so sick of hearing the "must be geared" BS that I sensed all the friendly co-operation sub-50 was replaced by pure elitism post-50 in early/mid 2012. I had to get my PvP gear off of Ilum solo....then the guild dorks started to send invites.

- SWTOR now caters to the Snotty factor/Guild hyper junkie players, ie. grinding, raids, flashpoints, comms, etc. I tried all of those, but boy howdy how UNHEROIC it feels to be one of 12 lightsabers smashing against a Boss and listening to healers panic over Vent, Mumble, TS.

- server merges came waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

- ticket responses were too slow.

- met some friends through the SWTOR community early who are now friends on Facebook

- after release, you couldn't find a more selfish and rude community than right here. But, that probably is a result of Bioware and EA giving up on the community.

- hyper reactive Guild Dorks and general chat flamers........and hey, general chat Chatty Cathys. My god, take a chill pill, who cares if you're good at an MMO and prolly suck in real life, and just shut the hell up! All of you ruin the SWTOR experience.

Bye, for good this time.

Yep, should have made a KOTOR 3.........

First, I'll admit this is the second time I'm quitting SWTOR. I HAD to come back and finish a Sith/Empire storyline and did so. Sith Inquisitor was great! I also leveled a Jedi Shadow twice, tank and DPS, and that was a fun character. Took a Sith Jugg to 44, Jedi Sentinel to 40, and everything else to 26.

What I liked about SWTOR, and What I disliked about SWTOR:

- finished the story to KOTOR and KOTOR: TSL which I played many times each, and I read Revan to fill in some gaps.

- after reading Revan, I was very let down by the Exile's death, and Revan being held in prison/stasis for ~300 years......not so heroic.

- the artwork was well done overall and I enjoyed the planets and species. A lot of fun to see elements of this game appear in the Clone Wars series.

- even though the artwork was well done concerning items, ships, planets and species, some of the later level and post 50 clothing gear was pure MMO crap and not Star Wars at all.....AT ALL! Most of the Sith clothing gear felt as though ripped out of a fantasy title like WoW or LOTR.

- the Class Quests were fun, and honestly I would have loved to have finished them all.

- yes the Class Quests were fun, but I was promised "unique" play for each class, not 10-15% "unique" play and having to GRIND through the same mobs over and over and over for the other 85-90% of a planet...... Concerning the Classes, I can watch these on YouTube for closure...for free.

- I found the voice acting for the characters, companions and NPC's quite good.

- I expected much more when finishing a companion. I max'ed out all but Xalek with my Inquisitor and max'ed out Nadia Grell and Vette. Having Vett's ending without any recourse with my player was a big let down. The only good ending of those I did was Khem Val's. Also, sometimes the companion stories became very irritating (any romance line) or eclipsed the character's storyline (Jedi Knight).

- was glad to see Star Wars Lore added thousands of years before the movie era and see it connect in via books and TV.

- Ray Muzyka yammering "this is KOTOR 3,4,5........" simply pissed me off. Now that Muzyka, Zeschuk, Riccitiello and god knows how much of the departed BioWare staff are gone.....hmmm.....I bet you wished you made a KOTOR 3 instead.

- planet, side, and bonus quests were fun...

- for the first time around! Not to mention this game was too linear and that really started to suck the wind out of the sails trying to level a fifth character to 50.

- sense of accomplishment when reaching 50 the first time, as a Jedi Shadow.

- I hit 50 too soon and the post 50 play was pretty much non-existent in January 2012. By the time I got around to hitting 50 again with a Trooper Commando, the Snotty Factor had set in to those who caught the cusp of post 50 play and I got so sick of hearing the "must be geared" BS that I sensed all the friendly co-operation sub-50 was replaced by pure elitism post-50 in early/mid 2012. I had to get my PvP gear off of Ilum solo....then the guild dorks started to send invites.

- SWTOR now caters to the Snotty factor/Guild hyper junkie players, ie. grinding, raids, flashpoints, comms, etc. I tried all of those, but boy howdy how UNHEROIC it feels to be one of 12 lightsabers smashing against a Boss and listening to healers panic over Vent, Mumble, TS.

- server merges came waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

- ticket responses were too slow.

- met some friends through the SWTOR community early who are now friends on Facebook

- after release, you couldn't find a more selfish and rude community than right here. But, that probably is a result of Bioware and EA giving up on the community.

- hyper reactive Guild Dorks and general chat flamers........and hey, general chat Chatty Cathys. My god, take a chill pill, who cares if you're good at an MMO and prolly suck in real life, and just shut the hell up! All of you ruin the SWTOR experience.

Bye, for good this time.

Yep, should have made a KOTOR 3.........

They did make KOTOR 3. It's in this game. Congrats, you just played it.

Yep, should have made a KOTOR 3.........[/color]

I allways lol when I see this comment.

How many hours have you spent in this game? I loved Kotors, but you play through them in like 36 hours. You play them as a light side and dark side and, maybe pick the game half a year later to play it through once again and thats it. (talk about grinding through the same mobs)

When I said I loved kotors, I meant I loved the story as a star wars fan. As a gameplay experience they pretty much sucked. Some say this game is buggy, but for the love of god this is nothing compared to Kotors. I remember all those countless of times your party was on the other side of the map stuck behind some pillars. Not to mention one of the worst fighting mechanics of the history of gaming.

Im really glad they chose this.

Edited by HakkaP

I agree with almost all of your points especially the one with the level 50 gear. I fear SWTOR is just trying to be like all the other MMO's out there and not be unique. I honestly would be fine with having a simple Jedi Robe as a set of gear instead of this copy and paste garbage they have in the game.

Big deal, I have left twice before; join the club.

By the way brother

"- SWTOR now caters to the Snotty factor/Guild hyper junkie players, ie. grinding, raids, flashpoints, comms, etc. I tried all of those, but boy howdy how UNHEROIC it feels to be one of 12 lightsabers smashing against a Boss and listening to healers panic over Vent, Mumble, TS."

^ that is the reason why I left before and why I wil leave again when i get tired of the story again.

Edited by SentinelDranoel