The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

In-game... proposal, need ideas and probably help!

sumoftwosins

Okay this will sound totally crazy and I'm sure a lot of people will probably give me hell over this but.... My girlfriend and I met in this game. Random chance.... I was her tank, she was my healer. Who knew there was more there than that. Fast forward a bit and here we are now.

She is going out of the country for a little over a month to finish up something for school. I am planning to propose to her sometime after that. We are both geeks and considering we met through this game, I was thinking of proposing to her in it. Obviously as I did in the game, I would do it in real-life being she'd be sitting next to me playing. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas of what to do in the game... I know one of her favorite planets is Dromund Kaas and of course I have the "kneel" emote. Bioware, I need a ring emote! I know she doesn't have vip access and that item looks like a ring, but that binds on pickup.

Like I said, ideas are welcome.

Yo man, really?

Just get a guild on bunch of people around you to make some applaud..

Ring emote..heh I wonder if they would quickly develop sth like that just for 1 player..

... you never know... Cartel Market is always eager to grab some cash..:)

but you might be forced to bus some "cetificates" thus be prepared to pay "helllottamoney" for it, but who said marriage is an easy thing??

The best I can come up with right now is her favorite planet happens to be Voss. I found a place there in the starting area that's called the Step of Harmony. It is a codex entry and a platform that looks over the mountains lol. I'd try to get a bunch of people doing emotes as she walked to it where I was waiting. I ask, if yes, people do cheer emote and other people do the imperial fireworks.

(codex entry is that is where the voss executed people, good thing we're Sith)

What a nice and one-of-a-kind idea! There are a few companion gifts (Silver Ring, Tremel's Ring, Electrum Commitment Ring) and junk items (Exquisite Gold Ring, drops from level 50 scavenger mobs) that are not bound, so you could trade such an item with her. And don't forget to throw a "I Love You" Jawagram and a Life Day Tinsel Bomb at her. Those should still be available on the GTN.

In any case, it would be great to see a video recording of it! :)

Edited by Jerba

What a nice and one-of-a-kind idea! There are a few companion gifts (Silver Ring, Tremel's Ring, Electrum Commitment Ring) and junk items (Exquisite Gold Ring, drops from level 50 scavenger mobs) that are not bound, so you could trade such an item with her. And don't forget to throw a "I Love You" Jawagram and a Life Day Tinsel Bomb at her. Those should still be available on the GTN.

In any case, it would be great to see a video recording of it! :)

I don't know your girlfriend, but if she laughs at corny jokes then she'll like it. But I like this idea.

There would also be some real-life stuff going along with this, but she loves the game.... So I thought it would be awesome to arrange something in it. I figure I'd hid my web cam or something for the real-life part so people can see the reaction. Need someone in the game running Fraps or some other capture software.

And thanks for the idea of the items I can trade to her.

Well,

I know there is an item that is called "Golden Ring" and it's a trash item that I have on my main...two actually. It would be perfect for what you're doing! If you wanted, you could come on over to Begeren Colony, whisper Taanos or Deadrikor and I'll give them to you. It's a trash item found in "The Black Hole".

I would also get some fireworks and have some people fire them off ingame. Heck, I'm sure there are some Cartel Packs or toys you could find. If you want more ideas, just let me know! :)

If you both play the game, aren't you worried she will see this post and know what you are planning, thus killing some of the surprise element?

It depends on if she spends time on the forums. I know alot of players just make their account to access the game, not to use the website itself. She could very well be one of those people.

And in my first post, I forgot to wish you luck on your proposal, OP! And I'm happy for you both!

/kneel should work fine for the basic gesture, you can do the rest with a prepared /em pulls a small object from his [robe/holster], looks deeply into [name]'s eyes, etc. Maybe you could dress your character up for the occasion - turn off the ugly helmet, no covert armor (or all covert armor...), that sort of thing. Have someone set the mood with a Rhythm Augmentation Droid and cartel instrument emotes and hope the random song sounds nice on her end. Maybe you could serenade her yourself, at that.

What server is this on? If you need any backup I'm sure you could recruit some people to pitch in. Like maybe you could get a bunch of people to drop Imperial Banners - cheap, but a lot of them in the same place should look pretty festive.

Edited by spookysage

I've never known her to check the forums. Plus my name here relates to nothing elsewhere. And if there is a "yes", I will be linking videos. Definitely fireworks will be going on. I didn't think about the outfit thing, but its not a wedding.... just the proposal. I'll save the tux for that.

She'll be leaving Monday.... gives me around 5 weeks to get our new apartment and prepare for this.

You happen to live near a girl you met in a queue? Fascinating.

I call bs.

True, the Code does dictate that there can only be one SWTOR player per server within a ten-mile radius. I just had to take out the previous local Jedi Covenant guy to earn the right to play.

Got the jawagram "flowers" and "I love you". Extortion.... though, 200k

Plus the signet ring. Already have enough fireworks for 50 to shoot off 5 each lol.

*if it was role play, I'd be wanting my "character" to get engaged. Instead I'm using character to achieve something in RL. Outside of that, think what you will to satisfy your existence.

Edited by sumoftwosins

Okay this will sound totally crazy and I'm sure a lot of people will probably give me hell over this but.... My girlfriend and I met in this game. Random chance.... I was her tank, she was my healer. Who knew there was more there than that. Fast forward a bit and here we are now.

She is going out of the country for a little over a month to finish up something for school. I am planning to propose to her sometime after that. We are both geeks and considering we met through this game, I was thinking of proposing to her in it. Obviously as I did in the game, I would do it in real-life being she'd be sitting next to me playing. Anyhow, I'm looking for ideas of what to do in the game... I know one of her favorite planets is Dromund Kaas and of course I have the "kneel" emote. Bioware, I need a ring emote! I know she doesn't have vip access and that item looks like a ring, but that binds on pickup.

Like I said, ideas are welcome.

If you happen to be on Jedi Covenant, I'll see if I can give you a hand. My Powertech will be sure to bring her strapless blast vest. (Kudos to everyone who gets the joke!)

Don't be too surprised if my Shadow or Vanguard show up, though. They may find some way to get a party invite. The House of Caradhras has galactic reach, after all...