Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

I think it's quite obvious from this past weekend up until today, Eric or anyone else had plenty of times to address concerns about your supposed bug. But they haven't because they don't think it's a bug and doesn't need to be fixed.

If they want the armor set to be Light grey than the armor set is gonna stay Light gray. You are wasting your time for nothing.

Dude, it took them 4 months and me constantly complaining about the bugs after their first reply to post a second. There is still a bug. Which is proven with the 2 pictures below of the NPC Revan on the Telos. Making this thread still valid.

I have 0 intention of giving up, There is still a bug, and many more on the other bugged cartel sets as seen above on this page. I'm not going to bend over to all these bugs in something that is sold through the cartel market interface. Look at the bug reports page, you will see many a bug report regarding the other bugged sets by other players.

Proof Revan's Armor Primary were black and not a lighting issue or settings issue. Because this is in a republic ship, and NOT the dark lit Foundry or Maelstrom Prison.

Revan on the Telos Republic ship Before the bug before patch 1.6.0

http://i.imgur.com/ca48fxS.jpg (cannot be replicated no matter your settings are)

Proof Revan's Armor Primary was changed after patch 1.6.1 in a clear lit room mirroring the picture above.

Revan on the Telos Republic ship After the bug past patch 1.6.1

http://i.imgur.com/90Unrq7.jpg

We have proof to contradict Eric as 1. He compared the bugged outfit to the bugged outfit on a NPC. 2. With Revan in the Telos ship we can prove its not a lighting effect either. This is a bug, people want it fixed with the others. And im not going to say "Close enough" of 2/3 bugs fixed to set a poor example for players who want the other bugged Cartel sets fixed aswell.

Lastly Eric musco lied. Revan's outfit was not fixed to mirror his NPC version. For the NPC version gets the double hood bug when he puts on his mask. (where all this B.S. originated from) All he did was come up for a pretty way of saying they removed the double hood appearance bug off the outfit and thats all. Which is fine.

They fixed the lower robe not being the right color, it being brown on primary and secondary.

They fixed the double hood bug on the chestpiece.

They still need to fix the primary color bug on the set/npc that happened in patch 1.6.1 the fact we can pinpoint exactly when the bug occurred makes it more annoying.

Then they need to fix the bugs on the other sets. Bastila shoulders going inside the body, Relaxed Vestments having that skin issue under the right breast, Calo Nord's helmet and coat bugs. etc.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if they remove the stupid shoulder pads we get and get the clean neck line and low profile red shoulder pads like Revan has in that image posted above.

Maybe do something like they did in the past give us that have the set a 2nd version Classic that removes all the puffy stuff and cleans it up, then make it true black and dark red.

It would be nice if they remove the stupid shoulder pads we get and get the clean neck line and low profile red shoulder pads like Revan has in that image posted above.

Maybe do something like they did in the past give us that have the set a 2nd version Classic that removes all the puffy stuff and cleans it up, then make it true black and dark red.

As soon as they fix the color bug, I will make a thread for a KOTOR Revan set. :)

Revan's Shoulderpads are not a bug. He has had them since Beta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928Q6HY92Ec

They only removed it from the maelstrom prison version is because they wanted a hood down look. I strongly suggest if you want one without shoulders is ask for a Revan Malestrom Chestpiece in the rep vendor.

back on topic. I am waiting for at least a response from eric about the contradiction of Robes in fact being light grey and not a lighting issue when you can see and compare Revan on the Telos ship.

Proof Revan's Armor Primary were black and not a lighting issue or settings issue. Because this is in a republic ship, and NOT the dark lit Foundry or Maelstrom Prison.

http://i.imgur.com/ca48fxS.jpg (cannot be replicated no matter your settings are)

Proof Revan's Armor Primary was changed after patch 1.6.1 in a clear lit room mirroring the picture above.

Revan's Shoulderpads are not a bug. He has had them since Beta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=928Q6HY92Ec

They only removed it from the maelstrom prison version is because they wanted a hood down look. I strongly suggest if you want one without shoulders is ask for a Revan Malestrom Chestpiece in the rep vendor.

back on topic. I am waiting for at least a response from eric about the contradiction of Robes in fact being light grey and not a lighting issue when you can see and compare Revan on the Telos ship.

I don't know if we will get a response from him. I will keep supporting the color bug fix as will others, but EricMusco is purposely ignoring us for reasons I don't know.

Dude, it took them 4 months and me constantly complaining about the bugs after their first reply to post a second. There is still a bug. Which is proven with the 2 pictures below of the NPC Revan on the Telos. Making this thread still valid.

I have 0 intention of giving up, There is still a bug, and many more on the other bugged cartel sets as seen above on this page. I'm not going to bend over to all these bugs in something that is sold through the cartel market interface. Look at the bug reports page, you will see many a bug report regarding the other bugged sets by other players.

We have proof to contradict Eric as 1. He compared the bugged outfit to the bugged outfit on a NPC. 2. With Revan in the Telos ship we can prove its not a lighting effect either. This is a bug, people want it fixed with the others. And im not going to say "Close enough" of 2/3 bugs fixed to set a poor example for players who want the other bugged Cartel sets fixed aswell.

Lastly Eric musco lied. Revan's outfit was not fixed to mirror his NPC version. For the NPC version gets the double hood bug when he puts on his mask. (where all this B.S. originated from) All he did was come up for a pretty way of saying they removed the double hood appearance bug off the outfit and thats all. Which is fine.

They fixed the lower robe not being the right color, it being brown on primary and secondary.

They fixed the double hood bug on the chestpiece.

They still need to fix the primary color bug on the set/npc that happened in patch 1.6.1 the fact we can pinpoint exactly when the bug occurred makes it more annoying.

Then they need to fix the bugs on the other sets. Bastila shoulders going inside the body, Relaxed Vestments having that skin issue under the right breast, Calo Nord's helmet and coat bugs. etc.

^ This. Also, in reference to KOTOR appreciation day....

We would all appreciate a response from EricMusco. It wouldn't be KOTOR appreciation day with a bugged Revan set.

Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

I hope that clears things up and apologize for any confusion!

-eric

Can I make a small suggestion?

Make a color shift to both pieces anyway. Ask the art guys to match the color of the PC version in bright lighting to the color of the NPC version in its dark lighting. I think this will fix all of the color issues people are seeing with these items.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Make a color shift to both pieces anyway. Ask the art guys to match the color of the PC version in bright lighting to the color of the NPC version in its dark lighting. I think this will fix all of the color issues people are seeing with these items.

Or they could fix the color bug. :)

Or turn the lights off on the game so it matches the instance, then we could have Tattooine after dark. Second thought, let's go with your suggestion.

Or turn the lights off on the game so it matches the instance, then we could have Tattooine after dark. Second thought, let's go with your suggestion.

As much as I love the idea of tatooine after dark, I would just prefer that they fix the color bug. :)

It isnt a dark lighting, what Eric Musco said was incorrect. He compared the Bugged Primary color Itemset to the Bugged Primary color NPC. NOT Comparing the outfit to WHAT IT WAS BEFORE THE PATCH THE LIGHT GREY PATCH HAPPENED. 1.6.1

Also, @ Reno, the moment they said lore items are not dyeable I made a thread to tell them thats a bad idea already.

Edited by Magnusheart

I agree that they should add dyes to the collection, however the problem is that BioWare need to fix a bug that will take 5 minutes out of their day.

They need to get rid of the ridiculous shoulder rolls. Add the cape. And correct the outfit to be black in color. No mater what. Thats what wasn't done and should've been a long time ago. Time to update the gear.

They need to get rid of the ridiculous shoulder rolls. Add the cape. And correct the outfit to be black in color. No mater what. Thats what wasn't done and should've been a long time ago. Time to update the gear.

This is about bug fixes. Not slapping your wish list. We are trying to get the gear restored, You are asking for a shiny new truck. Shoulders were there since the beta, and Drew K. Inventor of Revan, and who helped write the JK Storyline and Revan in Swtor oversaw all the development, If he thought the gear the way it was was ok, Thats fine with me, and the other people who like it the way it is. (Bugs aside)

The bugs were a Double Hood, Lower robe colors were 100% wrong, and the primary was bugged. Instead of demanding Bioware to make something from scratch for 0 profit and people saying you changed my set entirely into something it never was before ever wth bioware. Rather have the existing set fixed because it is his robes and what he wares.

Edited by Magnusheart

You know nothing of what was and why it was. Sheeple don't have opinions they just follow the herd.

Think for once dude.

Eric commented on fixing bugs.

All they did was fix bugs.

They over looked a bug by not fully understanding it all the way.

Why don't you get it that they aren't making something from scratch for 0 profit? Large waste of time while fixing bugs is a legitimate issue. And is what has been seen, and DONE HERE.

Edited by Magnusheart

Think for once dude.

Eric commented on fixing bugs.

All they did was fix bugs.

They over looked a bug by not fully understanding it all the way.

Why don't you get it that they aren't making something from scratch for 0 profit? Large waste of time while fixing bugs is a legitimate issue. And is what has been seen, and DONE HERE.

Just be silent for once. Please... You don't understand and will never understand. No matter how many times it is explained to you. So please do what Method Man and Limp Bizkit said that one time.

Just be silent for once. Please... You don't understand and will never understand. No matter how many times it is explained to you. So please do what Method Man and Limp Bizkit said that one time.

Considering I have been right from the get go so far...

Going back on topic, Bioware, common. One more bug than we can lock this thread and that's one less issue to worry about. Restore the primary back to Black.

Edited by Magnusheart

Considering I have been right from the get go so far...

Going back on topic, Bioware, common. One more bug than we can lock this thread and that's one less issue to worry about. Restore the primary back to Black.

Reconsider. ;)