What happened to the weekly Cartel Market updates?

Alec_Fortescue

Shortly after one of the pilot sets was released there was an interview with some developer (available on Dulfy or DarthHater.com) where he said that Cartel Market will feature weekly (!) updates with things ranging from new cosmetics to discounts.

It takes a huge deal of time to release all of the character creation armor, even though it all has been datamined at this stage and it was months since the first set appeared. We also have weeks without new stuff or offers on the CM. What happened to the regularity of the "weekly" CM updates?

I was pleasantly surprised with the Valiant set and in my opinion it's the best thing for a Jedi Knight to wear (most of the Knights I see do wear it!) and I was honestly looking forward to more stuff. Here is the actual quote!

Q: How often will new gear become available on the Cartel Market? Hickman: Our intent is to update it weekly. Add one or two new things, changes some prices. There will be an update next week. There will be a big update before the holidays. Schubert: We have a new cartel pack with super rare items planned for each month for the next several months. Hickman: New Life Day items coming soon. Life Day robes, orbs, tinsel bomb, and the Czerka LD-1 Celebrator - something red, festive, and you can ride it. Schubert: We'll be adding new stuff regularly. We want to add archetypal armor, stuff that looks like a traditional Jedi Knight and the iconic classes.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22517-bioware-livestream-q-a-coverage

So what's the story with archetypal armor and stuff like a traditional Jedi Knight and iconic classes? I remember that after this Q&A I got really happy and enthusiastic but it looks like all those months since November is not enough.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

DDE vendor...? You mean the VIP vendor? that's available to everyone. But I agree that the vendor is a failure. It had the best mount in the game which got removed and replaced with a nasty and common drop from kp and ev.

I found the interview. I really wish for Mr. Musco to provide an answer :-] My fingers are itching to go swtor.com/buy

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

DDE vendor...? You mean the VIP vendor? that's available to everyone. But I agree that the vendor is a failure. It had the best mount in the game which got removed and replaced with a nasty and common drop from kp and ev.

I found the interview. I really wish for Mr. Musco to provide an answer :-] My fingers are itching to go swtor.com/buy

I call it the "DDE Vendor" because that's all the DDE people got out of going to the VIP area. :D That kind of makes it sound like they actually got something rather than nothing. :D

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Of all the things that need to be updated more often in this game, the Cartel Market certainly isnt one of them. (IMO, of course)

I agree but if it's the only way to get more variation in the outfitting ;-]

Point was said, though. Weekly updates. Archetypal armor coming. Where is it after all those months?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

he said that Cartel Market will feature weekly (!)

It's a semantics problem AF..... by weekly.. he meant they would do it during the week. :p

On a more serious note.... they do make changes to the CCM just about every single patch. Sometimes it means new items, sometimes it's special discounts or promotions on current items. But the market does change at a pretty regular rate. It's just that it only happens when they patch (even if it is just a server side maintenance patch only) as far as I can recall.. and they don't patch every week.

Shortly after one of the pilot sets was released there was an interview with some developer (available on Dulfy or DarthHater.com) where he said that Cartel Market will feature weekly (!) updates with things ranging from new cosmetics to discounts.

You're not being very reasonable. They are probably a little busy trying to get ROTHC and 2.0 ready to go and they just released a new Cartel pack with all new stuff and a ton of gear. You've made it abundantly clear in the forums that you have a particular type of armor that you want to see....however, last I checked, you aren't funding the game or running the Cartel development team. They can't cater to everyone's personal desires or nothing would get done.

You're not being very reasonable. They are probably a little busy trying to get ROTHC and 2.0 ready to go and they just released a new Cartel pack with all new stuff and a ton of gear. You've made it abundantly clear in the forums that you have a particular type of armor that you want to see....however, last I checked, you aren't funding the game or running the Cartel development team. They can't cater to everyone's personal desires or nothing would get done.

Cartel Market team is independent and they don't work on Makeb. And what you mean by "you aren't funding the game?" I pay my subscription on a regular basis and I buy a sick amount of cartel market items. ^^ And I am willing to purchase more.

I am just curious what's the story with those weekly updates. I know they can't make everyone's wishes about what they want in the game - i am just asking about features which were told to come a very long time ago and suddenly were left with no answers.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

In that quote he said it's their intent to do weekly updates. Intent sort of gives the opening of "things can change." But I didn't want to really speak on more CM updates when those vendors haven't seen a single update in over a year until they got one reskinned eye-patch.

If we go two months without a CM update, then won't matter to me. I'd rather see updates to both vendors in the VIP area.

They flat-out stopped when they realised that no one was buying the gear and was only interested in buying the gamble boxes?

I may be joking - but I'm honestly not sure.

In all honesty - every second or third Jedi I see on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd actually wears the Valiant set. It's not surprise that other sets didn't sell - they were just reskins and recolours people didn't find attractive because very similar variations are to be found in the game already. Valiant set was a scent of freshness and a good sign. Seems it was a false sign. :[

How can you expect people to pay 17 Euro to get enough coins so they can buy an armor set nearly identical to the one you can find on the GTN? Your point, even though it was a joke, may be valid but the only reason they wouldn't sell is the previous sentence.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

In all honesty - every second or third Jedi I see on the Tomb of Freedon Nadd actually wears the Valiant set. It's not surprise that other sets didn't sell - they were just reskins and recolours people didn't find attractive because very similar variations are to be found in the game already. Valiant set was a scent of freshness and a good sign. Seems it was a false sign. :[

How can you expect people to pay 17 Euro to get enough coins so they can buy an armor set nearly identical to the one you can find on the GTN? Your point, even though it was a joke, may be valid but the only reason they wouldn't sell is the previous sentence.

Personally, I've got the Conservator's set - and my companion Nadia wears the classic robe they gave for free!

Still waiting for a proper Jedi brown, hood-down, shoulderpad-less robe without an armoured chestpiece.... and waiting and waiting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.